Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61384 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#55991 Jul 19, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
In my experience religious people have their own definition of "proof". We are using the scientific definition but for religious people proofs are always connected with emotional feelings. They observe the beauty of the nature, they are full of emotions and they say "Look open your eyes. Do you see how perfect everthing is? This had to be created by a conscious being"
Indeed the nature is beautiful and amazing but these emotional feelings don't have anything to do with proofs.
I hope you understand what I mean. I am not in practice to talk about these themes in English.
And they ignore all the hideous parts of nature, the disease and suffering.
Hobbs

New York, NY

#55992 Jul 19, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a tinker's damn what other people call you. I'm KrautMickWop myself, big effing deal. When you call others derogatory names, you're the jacka$$.
I knew you were mixed breed gypsy thank you for confirming.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#55993 Jul 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the groom, was he gay?
Yes, but I didn't have the heart to tell his wife.
Captain Spalding

Pacific, MO

#55994 Jul 19, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but I didn't have the heart to tell his wife.
.such a loser

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#55995 Jul 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>\
At some point there will be one state left to legalize gay marriage.
Gay marriage is legal in every state, provide the parties to it are of the opposite sex.
Which state will that be? Which will be the last state to remove the unconstitutional authoritarian, Christian based asinine laws against marriage equality for everyone?
The state that recognizes the wisdom of defending marriage conjugality, it's constitutional validity, and it's relevance to society as a whole, not to mention the exposing the absurdity of the leftist Owellian newspeak concept known as "marriage equality".
I say Mississippi. Any other suggestions about which state will be last?
The state of truth....which is often the first casualty.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#55996 Jul 19, 2014
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Scorpio:
>"Same-Sex "Marriage" Is Not a Civil Right" http://www.cpjustice.org/stories/storyReader%...
Trying to force it to be is Unconstitutional or forcing your immorality on Society and Children is unconstitutional because it is your beliefs. <
Marriage EQUALITY is most certainly a civil right. Get used to it.
"Marriage equality" is leftist Orwellian newspeak....an attempt to equate a same sex relationship to marriage, the legally, socially, culturally, sexually, historically, and/or religiously recognized union of one man and one woman as husband and wife.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#55997 Jul 19, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man.
Tin man...your turn to name a Wizard of Oz character....or return to the discussion.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#55998 Jul 19, 2014
Those pesky lesbians are at it again....first to marry, and more often than gay men, and first to divorce.

http://www.mercatornet.com/conjugality/view/1...

First Kiwi lesbian “marriage” over already?

New Zealand’s first same-sex “marriage” is shaping up to become the country’s first same-sex divorce. Less than a year since they became the poster girls for the country’s new legal definition of marriage (last August) the NZ Herald reports that Melissa Ray, a former Ferns football player, and Natasha Vitali, a sales rep, are “believed to have split”.

The main source of the story appears to be Ms Vitali’s Facebook page on which the following poem appeared yesterday:

Drink it down, laugh it off,

Avoid the drama, take chances,

And never have regrets

Because at one point everything you did

Was exactly what you wanted.

When the Herald contacted her Ms Vitali said: "It's not anyone's business, we'll just leave it at that, but thank you for calling.” And,“I'm not talking to you about my private life, we got enough coverage when we got married."

It is well known that female partnerships break up more often than male – twice as much, according to a Scandinavian study cited by Jason Richwine in a recent National Review post:

The best study I’ve seen focused on Scandinavia, where same-sex civil unions — essentially marriages in everything but name — have been legal for about two decades. The authors had access to population-level administrative data that generated a sample size of over 1,500 same-sex unions. After controlling for age, region, country of birth, education, and duration of the partnership, male couples in Sweden were 35 percent more likely to divorce than heterosexual couples, and lesbian partners were over 200 percent more likely to divorce. Whether the couples had children made little difference in the relative rates.

Adding in male couples, Richwine says studies of unmarried cohabiter couples point in the same direction:

In the Netherlands, for example, researchers examined tax and population records to track the relationship status of filers, including 731 same-sex couples. The dissolution rate for unmarried same-sex couples was more than double the rate for unmarried opposite-sex couples.
A small study of British cohabiters found that, compared to married heterosexuals, opposite-sex cohabiters were 2.75 times as likely to break up within five years, whereas same-sex cohabiters were 5.25 times as likely as to end their relationship in that time.

It remains to be seen whether adding “marriage” to the options of same-sex couples improves the chances of lasting relationships. In that respect, the Ray-Vitali breakup is not a good omen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Isiah

Anonymous Proxy

#55999 Jul 19, 2014
WHERE IS THE INFAMOUS BRO_H0? BAIL OUT? figures considering the source.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Isiah

Anonymous Proxy

#56000 Jul 19, 2014
scrolling along

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Isiah

Anonymous Proxy

#56001 Jul 19, 2014
cannot resist clicking on judge its.......... LOL like it matters
insult to other gorillas

home made chicken and dumplings to die for

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Isiah

Anonymous Proxy

#56002 Jul 19, 2014

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#56003 Jul 19, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
You invoked creation....the relevance?
You did so first. I simply responded to your invocation.

Santa Monica, CA

#56005 Jul 19, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage is legal in every state, provide the parties to it are of the opposite sex...
<quoted text>
Then it's not gay marriage.
Why play word games, bitch?
When you saw the forum title "gay marriage" you knew it was not about someone getting married to a member of the opposite sex.

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#56006 Jul 19, 2014
Captain Spalding wrote:
<quoted text>
.such a loser
I suggest you try a positive daily affirmation in your mirror, as opposed to such a negative one. You'll be amazed at what it will do for your self-esteem.

Santa Monica, CA

#56007 Jul 19, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Marriage equality" is leftist Orwellian newspeak....an attempt to equate a same sex relationship to marriage, the legally, socially, culturally, sexually, historically, and/or religiously recognized union of one man and one woman as husband and wife.
Stupid, you are making a circular non argument.
And appealing to tradition, a logical fallacy.
And as time is going on, it becomes clearer and clearer, even to asph0les like you, that there isn't a rational argument against gay marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Captain Spalding

New York, NY

#56008 Jul 19, 2014
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you try a positive daily affirmation in your mirror, as opposed to such a negative one. You'll be amazed at what it will do for your self-esteem.
Is that what you do? Stop projecting gaytard.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Santa Monica, CA

#56009 Jul 19, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Tin man...your turn to name a Wizard of Oz character....or return to the discussion.
You are so stupid you don't know what a straw man argument it, well moron, read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Santa Monica, CA

#56010 Jul 19, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Those pesky lesbians are at it again....first to marry, and more often than gay men, and first to divorce.
MOST straight marriages end in divorce.
So, what's our point?

Santa Monica, CA

#56011 Jul 19, 2014
your point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 9 min Freedomofexpression 8,457
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 12 min Tre H 577
News Movies: LGBT Film Series to be shown at three L... 25 min Willy 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 56 min TomInElPaso 53,769
News 'Gay is sin' pastor plans gospel rally at Pride... 59 min Wondering 4
News Romanian Orthodox Bishop Resigns After Gay Sex ... 1 hr Willy 2
News Catholic Church threatens to fire gay teachers ... 2 hr Willy 6
News School district removes gay students' yearbook ... 2 hr Imprtnrd 50
News ABC plans a Riot to mark the 40th anniversary o... 5 hr Gremlin 9
News Trump bans transgender people from military 6 hr TomInElPaso 343
More from around the web