Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61402 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#45662 May 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You are going to insult and slander me by calling me a gay pedophile?
Which national agencies (i.e., FBI) and world healthy organizations use the term "gay pedophile"? That's right, KiMerde, none of them.

Why are you offended? You lie about people each and every day.

SecretSmirk, Hunty.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#45663 May 9, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even realize that you've ALWAYS BEEN crazy?
I doubt it, but where would I be if I didn't expect such a response?
Homosexuality IS a symptom of mental illness. I'm not going to give it a precise definition much as they really don't give a precise definition to Autism. Every year more and more children are diagnosed as Autistic too, which only leads me to conclude that American doctors are also making a political decision there. Nobody wants to admit that they are forcing kids into a school environment that is poorly managed and impproperly taught, so they stuff drugs into the mouths of kids instead.
Nobody wants to admit that homosexuality is a symptom of being socially overstimulated and misunderstanding the nature of social behavior. Even doctors would rather get people to shut up by filling their pie holes with whatever unplesent object will work. There's nothing sexual about it, but the lie works and they WILL choose the lie.
In some cases, overstimulation isn't just due to overcrowding and a poorly governed people. Sometimes it is a physical problem but that doesn't matter because the politics has become the reality. In the end, the society in denial IS the society that will fail and be replaced. Our world does not have much patience for fools.
..And fools IS what America has become. Watch and see us become the real terrorists as our economy continues to fail, we become obsessed with keeping the world trapped in our status quo and every day we come closer to threatening the world with our ridiculous nuclear arsenal. The world has time on its side. We have a stockpile of weapons that we can no longer afford to keep. Using some of them IS the only choice in our failed aristocratic driven economy.
BUT IT'S CRAZY!!! Please DO say it louder and LOUDER with every post. You WILL serve your master. I will continue to post with the full intent of kicking every loser who has put their fiath in the failed aristocratic system. I AM a VERY nasty person. You just don't know HOW nasty or what I'm willing to do in the name of nastiness.
That is my next prediction! Watch and see as the NSA becomes infiltrated by vigilante gays. Poor, poor Senator Feinsteen had to put up with the FBI monitoring her. SO? She NEEDS her thugs and will gladly pay the price for her thugs. It's already over. The NSA does not answer to Congress or anyone else and that will attract socioplaths like yourself from all around.
I fully intend to comment every day and in every way when the idiot masses neglect their responsibilities. SOOOO please do go on with your claims of crazy! It's all crazy!....and yet, you do nothing except pose with your widdle "We're all in this together" flag. It's only important to me to point out that flag AND I'll be there to point out the homosexual agenda within the secret police.....but It's Crazy!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!! CRAAAAZY!!!!!!
Conspiracy, paranoia, delusion...cray-cray!

P.S. You are entirely impotent to do anything "in the name of nastiness," no matter how crazy you are.

Next stop: rubber room.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#45664 May 9, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You Googled CaliGirl 14? Your past is well known, I mean , dang son, when a Pastor is caught having sexual relations with two of his flock and steals money from a church, the public becomes aware of such things. Being a Pastor your held to a higher standard, I understand it's not fair to you, but hey your boss set the rules.
My marriage is just fine, my wife and I just celebrated 32 years of marriage, My daughters and their husbands came over for dinner, my two grand daughters made my wife and I a wonderful cake. You know after 32 years I still love her, and I have never cheated on her, not one time.
Grin
Anyone who would slander someone they don't know can't be trusted to tell the truth about themselves.

And remember, only gays would gang out here.

Smirk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#45665 May 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really saying a child won't notice or care about a missing mother or father, and its only bigotry that exposes it?
Yep, children who grow up in a loving home with ANY two parents don't miss that which they've never had.

Why are you so dense?
Bruno

Temecula, CA

#45666 May 9, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying blacks and whites had equal protection to sit in the section assigned to their race.
You are a racist and a bigot ---

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Temecula, CA

#45667 May 9, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. A man can marry a woman, but a woman can't. A woman can marry a man but man can't.
!=
You are confused !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Temecula, CA

#45668 May 9, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the Italian people sit? How about the people who are half black, half white? Hmmmmmm.....maybe they sat in the middle.
Italians sat in front, the half and halfs sat in back.--

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Temecula, CA

#45669 May 9, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>You Googled CaliGirl 14? Your past is well known, I mean , dang son, when a Pastor is caught having sexual relations with two of his flock and steals money from a church, the public becomes aware of such things. Being a Pastor your held to a higher standard, I understand it's not fair to you, but hey your boss set the rules.
My marriage is just fine, my wife and I just celebrated 32 years of marriage, My daughters and their husbands came over for dinner, my two grand daughters made my wife and I a wonderful cake. You know after 32 years I still love her, and I have never cheated on her, not one time.
Grin
Never cheated on her? not one time? then how many times? lol ---

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#45670 May 9, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The candyman can cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.
Sounds gay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#45671 May 9, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Never cheated on her? not one time? then how many times? lol ---
YUK!YUK!YUK! That's like when someone asks about my drinking as an attempt to insult me. I say "I don't drink anymore" and I am not lying. I don't drink any less either! Ah good times!

Cheers!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Temecula, CA

#45672 May 9, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your children are adults you old fogey!
Excuse me Cali, but you seem to have a problem with older than you people. Did you ever stop to think that you are an old fogey to someone younger than you? it's all relative dear! age is only a number. How old to you feel and how old are you really?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Temecula, CA

#45673 May 9, 2014
Gooood morning class

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Temecula, CA

#45674 May 9, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your children are adults you old fogey!
How long before your kids are adults? will you be an old fogey then too?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45675 May 9, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be >> a << reason but it's not the sole or even primary reason.
Which one?

A.) There's only two sexes.

B.) Coitus

C.) human reproduction is sexual.
Nor are equal protection challenges to marriage laws restricted to just the characteristic of sex, regardless of how many times you erroneously assert otherwise.
Marriage is a union of the sexes. If you're arguing against that, you're arguing against marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#45676 May 9, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Let's look at this in a couples of ways.
1.) "Sexual orientation".....doesn't appear to be as precise as you imply it to be, so why can't an individual be "sexual orientated" towards one sex and more than than one person at a time? A poly sexual orientation.
Sexual orientation is precise in that it's been defined as the sex to which one is attracted. The ability or desire to engage in multiple simultaneous emotional/sexual relationships (polyamory) can indeed be defined as another human sexual characteristic. And like sexual orientation, it appears it can manifest along a spectrum ranging from always monogamous to always polygamous. However, that doesn't make it one and the same as sexual orientation, much less "connected" as each characteristic manifests differently in each individual and there's no proven correlation between the two characteristics.

The bottom line is, you aren't the arbiter of how science measures and classifies human characteristics nor do you get to combine multiple characteristics simply because you're personally unable to distinguish the difference between them.
Pietro Armando wrote:
2.) As I've pointed out in the past, both SSM and plural marriage represent fundamental alterations in the the American legal understanding of marriage as a union of ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN, as husband AND wife. SSM seeks to have the nature, opposite sex changed, whereas, plural marriage seeks the number changed, more than two.
That both can alter the tradition administration of marriage laws results from the fact sex and number have historically been restrictions on how one can exercise the fundamental right of marriage. Just like the consanguinity and age restrictions. However, from a legal and constitutional standpoint, each restriction must be separately justified as a constitutionally permissible restriction. As current legal rulings demonstrate, finding prohibitions on legal recognition of same sex marriage unconstitutional has not automatically made consanguineous, child or plural marriages legal.

The fact remains they are separate restrictions and thus separate issues regardless of how much you want to link them together.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Considering there's no deep seated cultural, social, historical, legal, and or religious understanding of same sex marriage with clearly defined characteristics, there's no reason to exclude same sex throuoles from the newly developing concept of SSM.
The fact the every state as wells the federal government criminalizes bigamy and thus prohibits civil polygamy is what excludes three or more people regardless of their sex from civil marriage currently. Until at least one polygamist steps forward to legally challenge the number restriction as well as federal and state anti-bigamy laws, that won't change. Further gays to date have focused their legal challenges on the sex restriction of marriage laws and aren't required to address other people's grievances, even if some of those other people happen to be gay.
Pietro Armando wrote:
No it does not.

Considering the collective social, cultural, historical, legal, experiential, and/or religious understanding of marriage as a union of husband and wife, it still is virtually, just husband and wife.
Trying to trivialize the numbers of same sex marriage won't make them go away either. Marriage in the US is no longer just opposite sex couples whether you like it or not.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Perhaps that nice lesbian throuple will take "marriage equality" to its next logical level. After all the movement is lesbian driven, and 2/3 of SSCs who diced to legally marry, are female. It make sense they'd be the one's to "expand" the definition of marriage.
Perhaps.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#45677 May 9, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who would slander someone they don't know can't be trusted to tell the truth about themselves.

And remember, only gays would gang out here.

Smirk.
It's not Slander when you admitted it,
online dummy

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#45678 May 9, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>How long before your kids are adults? will you be an old fogey then too?
I'm 46,halfway to an old Fogey!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#45679 May 9, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>

Marriage is a union of the sexes.
Indeed it is. M/M, F/M, F/F. Those are the sexes the can unite in marriage.

Cali Girl 2014

Location hidden

#45680 May 9, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me Cali, but you seem to have a problem with older than you people. Did you ever stop to think that you are an old fogey to someone younger than you? it's all relative dear! age is only a number. How old to you feel and how old are you really?
No I have a problem with Kimare!
I know I'm old...My kids tell me every
day...They are 22,20 and 18.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#45681 May 9, 2014
River Tam wrote:
So you're a racist and a homophobe. Who knew? Keep up the good work. I know a girl from Columbia. Do you need any cleaning done, bigot?
I'm not the one advocating the volunatary sex segregation of marriage. Segregation is wrong, even if it's your choice; keep the perfect affirmative action, diversity and sex integration of one man and one woman marriage.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Watching Over You by Greg Lake 5 min Fa-Foxy 2
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 12 min Frankie Rizzo 15,084
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 42 min Ted Haggard s Mas... 257
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 38,688
News ABC's 'What Would You Do?' Depicts Man Cheating... 2 hr Conrad 4
News Parents of gay Poles urge pope to help fight ho... 2 hr Conrad 1
We Need Another Orlando 3 hr Conrad 2
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 6 hr Mite Be 32
More from around the web