Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.
Comments
41,621 - 41,640 of 54,766 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Just got up.

You sleep alone. Rejected over and over.
Just got up? LMAO....Who cares?
Gotta deliver those office supplies eh?
You should post your proof I'm
rejected you glorified Pizza man...
anonymous

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what fundies used to say about southpaws, they would beat them for using their left hands to write, fundies would even kill them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_gjm7W-hDLcXX
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
<quoted text>
Your homophobia is caused by your inability to deal with your own same sex attractions.
Your opinion is that of a narciist who never leaves the house and thinks that all opinion is formed by asking the mirror, mirror on the wall.

Disagree? You'll need to provide some observations and empirical logic to get my attention.

You know, you DO remind me of the reality that I've been observing of late. Potential employers ARE out there looking for people again. The problem is that they, like you, start up a conversation by talking about themselves only. They talk about their money and their ambitions and their fancy opportunities. Then they sheepishly complain about how the gubbermint takes their sweatshop labor away from them. How can they complete againt dat ol' overpaying liberal gubbermint?

Sounds just LIKE you, Rose! I don't give a toot about "old world" Church dogma. That's long gone. The here and now is psychotic, overweight type-2 diabetics who become abusive bullies if they have your immediate financial needs under their control. THAT is the reality of the moment. THAT is my core sense of Liberalism that sees NO difference between you and those conservative losers.

It's all about the money, Rose. You're a one-trick pony who starts every conversation talking about YOUR money, because it's ALL your money. Everyone just needs to pull together and be part of the team, right?

WHEN all financial perks and sexual role obligations are removed from marriage, and I do mean ALL of them, then I'll be glad to endorse marriage. Until then, NOTHING!

I tried to start a dialog here as a polite outsider and got a shell-game. OK. I posed questions and observations in an effort to force the flow of meaningful information and got name calling and tight-lipped NOTHING.

Rose, if you don't have information, you have nothing I want. You certainly don't have a job opportunity that I can profit from. My whole identity and my best ideas are about dismantling the idiocy of your world. You just don't realize it yet. You're just another part of the problem in an indifferent world that is part witch-hunt and part cynical greed, but is not at all about good things that anyone would be proud to share. It's time you learned to fight for opportunities, not extract an unfair share of handouts from a dying, obsolite system. Your politics is just lipstick on a pig that hides a selfish, rigged shell game.
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a likable person you aren't .....
...and you thought I was posting here because I want to be liked?

Actually, I still say that my target audience is those who lurk but never post. They aren't really people who need to like me either. They just need to respect me. From respect, a whole lot of "like" can be found. Perhaps I don''t enjoy being liked by meat puppets who respect me, but there are more options to be had.

Now, do you want a widdle alpha puppy to LIKE you? Hmmm. NEVER seen DAT before! ;)
anonymous

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"NO drama! NADA!"
LOL, I can just see you stomping your feat, and pounding your fists as you say that.
Feet, Rose! Feet! I don't perform foot feats.

Pounding my fist? Not really the best gesture for expressing the absence of a thing, is it?

I guess I can assume that my colorful dialog IS entertaining though, although your crippled sense of empathy seems to miss most of it. I'll be honest. Most of what I read, I don't emotionally empathize with either. That's why I like my cat/dog metaphors. I simply don't register some forms of social bonding. I'm either a solitary type or a completely commited member of the pack, but not much in between.

Being an all-or-nothing social animal is also why I'm inclined to capitalize. It keeps your attention on the moment, NOT your face in the mirror. Does that seem dramatic to you or perhaps is that your own drama playing out?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am attempting nothing. I am succeeding in showing that you are just as bigoted as those against SSM are. You are now them. Just listen to your arguments against poly. They are the same ones you ridiculed when used against you.
I am using the collective "you", as in the rainbow committee. Of which you are a card carrying member.
Very few gay people are going to admit that you are 100% correct here Frankie. They just don't like to admit to their double standards, one for gays and another for everyone else. This thread has thousands of threads where gays have demanded a double standard; one set of rules for them and another for everyone else. I expected more from gay people. Few of the gay people I have in my life believe in restricting the freedom and liberty of others, yet Topix is full of gay authoritarians who worship their God, government, in everything.

The issue for me in all of this is that Government should get out of the marriage business. We do not need those criminal psychotic scumbags in Washington making rules about our associations.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
Ss marrage is significantly inferior to marriage.
Neither compares to the freakish 3-nippled mangina marrage you've got going...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you couldn't produce the data because you're a big, fat phony liar.
Your continued misuse of the phrases "red herring" and "straw man" is conclusive evidence that you are a clueless fake.
And what are you X-breath? Do tell us. You call people who you can't refute "fat phony liars" and "clueless fakes", what are you?

We already know you are not a nice person because a nice person would not call people fat phony liars and clueless fakes when they can't refute their message. A normal intelligent person would answer the message instead of attacking the messenger for stating his message.

Why you are not ashamed of yourself remains a huge mystery.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Gay marriage
Very good Poof! You keep reminding yourself of that so you stay on topic.

Real proud of you. Real proud.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
And what are you X-breath? Do tell us. You call people who you can't refute "fat phony liars" and "clueless fakes", what are you?
We already know you are not a nice person because a nice person would not call people fat phony liars and clueless fakes when they can't refute their message. A normal intelligent person would answer the message instead of attacking the messenger for stating his message.
Why you are not ashamed of yourself remains a huge mystery.
It's not shameful when X-Rated Breath does it. Rainbow card.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe you can't post bitches?
He can but if he does the peanut gallery reports his posts to topix and when topix gets a half dozen complaints they remove the post.

The problem is that Topix is as slow as the peanut gallery is low IQ'd so his posts usually remain up long enough for all of us to read them, and reply to them, which means the offending post is posted again. The peanut gallery are a bunch of moron's.

And they are dishonest. In the same way they rig the judge-its they rig the "abuse" reports to topix. Instead of getting say 3 reports, they get 30 and that moves the post to the top to be removed.

If I reported your post above I would probably be the only one reporting it and it would stay in the cache waiting to be looked at. But if 6 of us got together to harass you and we each made 10 reports those 60 reports would take the post to the top and it could be looked at in a matter of hours instead of days.

And Topix won't even read the reported post if 30 people report it falsely believing that that many people can't be wrong. This all has to do with gay authoritarians not liking Frankies style of posting. They find it offensive and being low life's all they know is to get even and so they spend their day getting revenge instead of having a productive life.

If Frankie and I, and you and others started reporting all the offensive messages that the peanut gallery post in here repeatedly we could get them all removed and we would not have to skip over the mean and nasty insults and the hateful name calling.

Personally I do not have time for that silliness.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a lot more than that toots.
LOL! Good one.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither compares to the freakish 3-nippled mangina marrage you've got going...
Now of course Tony won't complain you're off topic when you post about nipples. But he will complain loudly if I mention poly MARRIAGE. You hold the rainbow card. You can freely post about whatever you want. Nice!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Flunkie is a fool. He couldn't tie his own shoes until he went in the navy.
And you are not a nice person, you only post insults and other mean nasty nonsense.

If anyone needs to clean up their act it is you. You should be ashamed of yourself and yet you are proud of your devious, deceitful, deceptive, dishonest behavior. Shame on you.

I know I am wasting that since you do not have a moral bone in your body.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is polygamy still illegal with all the "a man and a woman" laws being found unconstitutional?
Asked and answered.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Very few gay people are going to admit that you are 100% correct here Frankie. They just don't like to admit to their double standards, one for gays and another for everyone else. This thread has thousands of threads where gays have demanded a double standard; one set of rules for them and another for everyone else. I expected more from gay people. Few of the gay people I have in my life believe in restricting the freedom and liberty of others, yet Topix is full of gay authoritarians who worship their God, government, in everything.
The issue for me in all of this is that Government should get out of the marriage business. We do not need those criminal psychotic scumbags in Washington making rules about our associations.
Yes. The prohibition of polygamy is an illegal government involvement in personal liberties, as was the prohibition on SSM.

But the peanut gallery doesn't see it that way. They say it's OK when it's done against my marriage, and not OK when it's done against their marriages.

Now they're gonna attack me for saying "my" marriage when I am not a polygamist. Of course I mean the marriage I am advocating. I am not married nor plan to be.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Notify SCOTUS. I'm sure they need correcting [insult snipped].
SCOTUS does need correcting since they just decided to allow Christian politicians to have prayers, forcing normal people to wait for them to get finished, as they start meetings.

Frankie gave me the idea to let one rip during the prayer. If Christians are going to offend me I see no reason not to offend them back. Here they are elected officials and all they want to do is force their religion down our throats.

Does anyone know anything better than oat bran for extra loud, extra long rips?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a real argument someday. Meanwhile take a chill pill toots.
Miss "Benghazi was caused by polygamy"
You are too funny Frankie.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
X-Rated Breath is real mad! Ah good times.
I noticed that, you are up to 36 Judge-its times 3 different judge-its and that means you are in over 100! Good for you Frankie. Are you going for 500?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times.
The percentages of children forced into marriage are about the same for monogamy and polygamy. But that's a red herring and a straw man, We're not arguing how many children are forced into marriage, we're arguing if polygamy should be legal or not. You have no valid arguments on that. I do. The end.
It is very true that more children are forced into monogamy than into polygamy. Even if I go to the trouble of posting links to prove it, you will simply dismiss them. That's your M.O. You're a troll.
Why shouldn't polygamy be legal too? Get a real argument. No straw men, no red herrings, no ad hominem.
A real argument? Not gonna happen! X-Breath only has straw men, red herrings and ad hominem's. Plus a loose assortment of insults.

Expecting decency from X-Breath would be like expecting a rattle snake to be a good pet for children.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too funny Frankie.
X-Rated Breath actually claimed the attack on Benghazi was caused by polygamy! Now that's reaching. Creative though. More creative than Susan Rice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••