Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61395 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#44883 May 4, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Even children know the difference between Mothers and Fathers, and the love if each is just as important.
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Gay parents are not capable of love? Is that what you are driving at?
Uhhhh......nooooo....Poofy.... "gay parents" are just as capable as any other MOTHER or FATHER.....self professes sexual identity labels don't render them gender neutral.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#44884 May 4, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a lot of assumptions.
Bruno assumes penguins can fly. Too funny! He says that's how they got out to Noah's Ark. Ah good times!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#44885 May 4, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see "touched a nerve" anywhere in that response.
But that is one of those really weak comments you typically like to discredit.
I see I have a new fan. Ah good times! So you're saying so far you don't like me much? Or is it polygamy that you don't like or both?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#44886 May 4, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Pietro Armando wrote:
Even children know the difference between Mothers and Fathers, and the love if each is just as important.
<quoted text>
Uhhhh......nooooo....Poofy.... "gay parents" are just as capable as any other MOTHER or FATHER.....self professes sexual identity labels don't render them gender neutral.
Poofy is a dope. Gay good straight bad. But he's straight mind you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#44887 May 4, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
If those numbers are accurate, it sure rules out the "gay marriage is wrong because they have anal sex" argument.
Nothing wrong with anal sex. I just like to remove the spin when someone spins it that it's more common among heteros. It's not.

Sure more heteros do it, but if you want to spin it like that we can say more heteros are smart, righteous, better looking and better persons than gays. That's spin too.

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#44888 May 4, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>That's not a word, etard, so your attempted point is invalidated. It's not like your point was based in reality anyway.

More drivel from the resident trampy, trailer-trash, tranny trucker troll.
Love your name for Tripple Nip!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#44889 May 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
~Kids don't care about who their mother and father are? You really are twisted.
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Children don't attach conditions to love, that's something that adults do. You're a complete waste of air, stop using it.
"My dad is best!"

"I want my mommy!"

Your mom should slap you hard.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#44890 May 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a father and mother is not important until a child is an adult?
Actually, the child has only one mother. The other is a redumbant...
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a word, etard, so your attempted point is invalidated. It's not like your point was based in reality anyway.
More drivel from the resident trampy, trailer-trash, tranny trucker troll.
You understood it just fine.

Hows your marrage troll?

Snicker smile.

Location hidden

#44891 May 4, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Gay parents are not capable of love? Is that what you are driving at?
The issue was children loving their biological father and mother distinctly.

Just as biological fathers and mothers love their children distinctly.

Gay couples cannot be parents in the sense we are talking about.

SMile.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#44892 May 4, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose_BlowHole is always all government GOOD! "Con-dumbs" BAD! And she is adamant about that and very unreasonable. She won't speak to me. Ah good times! Have fun with the old girl and good luck.
Rose and I have proven that people can disagree, perhaps even be 100% opposites and still be respectful and considerate while continuing to discuss the issues. I am not sure I need luck, I respect that Rose has views different from mind and that she is willing to share her views with me instead of like how the anti-freedom peanut gallery ridicule, call names and insult everyone who as you say, does not wave the rainbow flag.

Rose is correct that government threats did bring an immediate change, although I disagree that change was all good for black people. What I advocate would have taken longer, yes I admit that, but I still insist it would have been a sweeter victory for blacks to see that they do not need the federal governments threats to force white people to treat them decently.

The feds only came in with their threats AFTER blacks had got the ball rolling demanding they be treated with the dignity and respect that all human beings deserve from a government and few of us ever get. Government is the enemy of all people and very few of the things it involves itself in are legitimate functions of government.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05...

Glenn Beck says Hillary Clinton is a lesbian, a California mayor thinks homeless people choose to live in poverty, and a Democratic rep plans to hand out KKK hoods at a GOP convention.

Four years after the Iowa State Supreme Court ruled in favor of marriage equality, the majority of the Hawkeye State’s Republican candidates for U.S. Senate have promised to block the appointment of any federal judge who doesn’t follow “natural law” or possess a “biblical view of justice.” An organization called The Family Leader, one of the top financial supporters of the 2010 movement to oust the marriage-equality judges, hosted a forum for the Iowa candidates over the weekend. The moderator, right-wing commentator Erik Erikson, asked the candidates what they look for in a federal judge. Sam Clovis, who thinks the only reason Obama hasn’t been impeached yet is because he’s black, said judicial nominees must be able to “explain to me natural law and natural rights.” Matt Whitaker said judges must be “people of faith” and have “a biblical view of justice.” Not content to be outdone, State Sen. Joni Ernst said judges should have an “understanding [of] where the Constitution came from and our laws, and they all did come from God.”

Glenn Beck: Hillary Clinton Is a Gay Copycat

Glenn Beck accused Hillary Clinton of being both a lesbian and one of those “coward” politicians who only back things like gay marriage once they’ve become popular. One of his radio show co-hosts noted that Hillary Clinton came out in favor of same-sex marriage last year, to which he replied,“What I just heard you say is that Hillary came out last year? Because I didn’t think that had officially…” His attempt at a joke trailed off as his co-host, not laughing, continued what he was saying. But Beck wasn’t done.“I’m telling you, Hillary Clinton will be having sex with a woman on the White House desk if it becomes popular,” he said.

Democratic Rep. Plans to Hand Out KKK Hoods at GOP Convention

Wisconsin gubernatorial candidate Brett Hulsey, a Democratic state representative, announced Thursday that he will hand out Ku Klux Klan hoods at the state GOP convention this weekend. Hulsey called the items “Republican Party hats.”

Location hidden

#44893 May 4, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're attempting to project your opinions onto children? Pathetic. Sad. Desperate.
Hardly.
"Blood is thicker than water."
"Brothers are made for adversity."
Two of countless cross-cultural quotes that note the power and significance of blood kinship.
The pathetic desperation is all gays trying to equate an inferior relationship to real marriage and family.
Smile.

Location hidden

#44894 May 4, 2014
“biblical view of justice.”

THE DEATH PENALITY

If biblicists are going to quote Old Law with respect to executing homosexuals, then why don't they quote verses which prescribe the death penalty for a wide variety of acts other than homosexuality?

All of the following warrant execution:

striking your father or mother Ex.21:15
kidnapping Ex. 21:6 RSV
cursing your father or mother Ex. 21:17 RSV, Lev. 20:9
touching a mountain Ex. 19:12 RSV
allowing your ox to gore someone Ex. 21:29
lying with a beast Ex. 22:19 RSV, Lev. 20:15-16
sacrificing to other gods Ex. 22:20 RSV
failing to observe the Sabbath Ex. 31:14-15
drinking strong drinks while in the tabernacle Lev. 10:9
committing adultery Lev. 20:10 RSV, Deut. 22:22
lying with your father's wife Lev. 20:11 RSV
lying with your daughter-in-law Lev. 20:12 RSV
being a medium or a wizard Lev. 20:27 RSV
being a witch Ex. 22:18
being a priest's daughter and becoming a whore Lev. 21:9 RSV
Blaspheming the name of the Lord Lev. 24:16
cursing Lev. 24:14 RSV
coming near the priesthood Num. 3:10
being a stranger who comes near the congregation's tabernacle Num. 3:38
gathering sticks on the Sabbath Num. 15:32-35
serving or worshipping other gods Deut. 17:2-5 RSV
showing contempt for the Lord's priest or judge Deut. 17:12 NIV
failing to obey one's parents Deut. 21:18-21
not being a virgin on your wedding day Deut. 22:20-21 NIV
being a betrothed virgin who did not cry out when seduced Deut. 22:23-24
having relations with your wife and her mother Lev. 20:14
telling people to seek other gods Deut. 13:2,5
being a false prophet Deut. 18:20

Biblicists teach, preach, and attempt to reach others with many OT moralisms, but are not adverse to selectivety using that which suits their interests. If they like an OT verse, they expound it; if they don't, they say that's from the Old Law and we aren't under the Old Law anymore. But aren't the Ten Commandments part of the Old Law? Yes, they say, but we are obligated to follow them because they are reported in the NT (Matt. 19:16-18, Mark 10:17-19, and Luke 18:18-22). People who assert as much should note that Jesus omitted half of the Ten Commanments. But even if they had been present, we would still be under all the Old Law, including the Decalogue, according to Christ ("And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of law to fail"--Luke 16:17, see also Matt. 5:18-19). If "sin is transgression of the law", as 1 John 3:4 says, then Christians should be following all of the Old Law.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#44895 May 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a father and mother is not important until a child is an adult?
Actually, the child has only one mother. The other is a redumbant...
<quoted text>
You understood it just fine.
Hows your marrage troll?
Snicker smile.
I have a marriage, etard. How's your marrriage?

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#44896 May 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
~Kids don't care about who their mother and father are? You really are twisted.

"My dad is best!"

"I want my mommy!"

Your mom should slap you hard.

Smirk.
Did your kids forgive you when you
Cheated on their mother with the
Parishioners from the Church? How
about when they threw you off the
Pulpit?

Location hidden

#44897 May 4, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love your name for Tripple Nip!
This from someone whose bra size is 27aaa xtra long...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#44898 May 4, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a matter of being "black people", but of being a small, discriminated against minority, In this specific case I'm talking about housing discrimination.
Certainly you have the right to live anywhere you can afford and people are stupid to discriminate against people because of race, sexual orientation etc. And this is a question that so far no one is willing to discuss; The property owner has rights, as you have rights.

If via the power of the government you are able to force a land lord to rent to you or sell to you he is not free to do with his property as he wishes. The government gives you the power to force your wants and desires on the property owner which means for you to have your wishes he must be prevented from having his wishes.

Yes it is wrong for a land owner to discriminate against people because of race etc. but it is also wrong, in my eyes, for the government to force one citizen to give up something so another citizen can have something.

There are several issues at work here. In the south under Jim Crow government forced people to obey their racist laws, these laws were threats, "here is what you must do and here is how we will hurt you if you don't." If the government did not force white people to discriminate against blacks in everything, slowly, yes very slowly, things would have changed. First one white person would have been a good decent person, then another and another until those racists in power got old and died.

I told you what happened to my uncle who married someone who wasn't white. How is that any of the governments business? The government has no business telling us who we can marry any more than they can tell us what bedroom activities we can engage in, in the privacy of our own homes. You should read what Thurgood Marahall, one of America's greatest humanitarians has to say:

http://www.biography.com/people/thurgood-mars...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#44899 May 4, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose and I have proven that people can disagree, perhaps even be 100% opposites and still be respectful and considerate while continuing to discuss the issues. I am not sure I need luck, I respect that Rose has views different from mind and that she is willing to share her views with me instead of like how the anti-freedom peanut gallery ridicule, call names and insult everyone who as you say, does not wave the rainbow flag.
Rose is correct that government threats did bring an immediate change, although I disagree that change was all good for black people. What I advocate would have taken longer, yes I admit that, but I still insist it would have been a sweeter victory for blacks to see that they do not need the federal governments threats to force white people to treat them decently.
The feds only came in with their threats AFTER blacks had got the ball rolling demanding they be treated with the dignity and respect that all human beings deserve from a government and few of us ever get. Government is the enemy of all people and very few of the things it involves itself in are legitimate functions of government.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05...
Glenn Beck says Hillary Clinton is a lesbian, a California mayor thinks homeless people choose to live in poverty, and a Democratic rep plans to hand out KKK hoods at a GOP convention.
Four years after the Iowa State Supreme Court ruled in favor of marriage equality, the majority of the Hawkeye State’s Republican candidates for U.S. Senate have promised to block the appointment of any federal judge who doesn’t follow “natural law” or possess a “biblical view of justice.” An organization called The Family Leader, one of the top financial supporters of the 2010 movement to oust the marriage-equality judges, hosted a forum for the Iowa candidates over the weekend. The moderator, right-wing commentator Erik Erikson, asked the candidates what they look for in a federal judge. Sam Clovis, who thinks the only reason Obama hasn’t been impeached yet is because he’s black, said judicial nominees must be able to “explain to me natural law and natural rights.” Matt Whitaker said judges must be “people of faith” and have “a biblical view of justice.” Not content to be outdone, State Sen. Joni Ernst said judges should have an “understanding [of] where the Constitution came from and our laws, and they all did come from God.”
Glenn Beck: Hillary Clinton Is a Gay Copycat
Glenn Beck accused Hillary Clinton of being both a lesbian and one of those “coward” politicians who only back things like gay marriage once they’ve become popular. One of his radio show co-hosts noted that Hillary Clinton came out in favor of same-sex marriage last year, to which he replied,“What I just heard you say is that Hillary came out last year? Because I didn’t think that had officially…” His attempt at a joke trailed off as his co-host, not laughing, continued what he was saying. But Beck wasn’t done.“I’m telling you, Hillary Clinton will be having sex with a woman on the White House desk if it becomes popular,” he said.
Democratic Rep. Plans to Hand Out KKK Hoods at GOP Convention
Wisconsin gubernatorial candidate Brett Hulsey, a Democratic state representative, announced Thursday that he will hand out Ku Klux Klan hoods at the state GOP convention this weekend. Hulsey called the items “Republican Party hats.”
We disagree about Rose_NoHo. She is unreasonable. Her seeming reasonableness towards you is obviously forced and probably fleeting.

Location hidden

#44900 May 4, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The government does some rotten things, and some good things.
The government played a big role in the creation of the Internet.
I like that the government goes after polluters who destroy our environment. But I do not trust Christian politicians:

""""Louisi ana Making Bible State Book

Louisiana state officials successfully took the first steps to make the Bible the official state book on Thursday. The proposal cleared the House Committee on Municipal, Parochial and Cultural Affairs by a vote of eight to five. Rep. Thomas Carmody, a Republican who proposed making the King James Bible the official state book, said "This is not about establishing an official religion.” Rep. Stephen Ortego, a Democrat, had concerns, though not about the inclusion of religion. "Let's make this more inclusive of other Christian faiths, more than just the ones that use the King James version," he said.
Read it at NOLA.com April 14, 2014 12:34 PM""""

Location hidden

#44901 May 4, 2014
IA Senate Hopefuls: Judges Must Follow Biblical Law

Four years after the Iowa State Supreme Court ruled in favor of marriage equality, the majority of the Hawkeye State’s Republican candidates for U.S. Senate have promised to block the appointment of any federal judge who doesn't follow “natural law” or possess a “biblical view of justice.” An organization called The Family Leader, one of the top financial supporters of the 2010 movement to oust the marriage-equality judges, hosted a forum for the Iowa candidates over the weekend. The moderator, right-wing commentator Erik Erikson, asked the candidates what they look for in a federal judge. Sam Clovis, who thinks the only reason Obama hasn’t been impeached yet is because he’s black, said judicial nominees must be able to “explain to me natural law and natural rights.” Matt Whitaker said judges must be “people of faith” and have “a biblical view of justice.” Not content to be outdone, State Sen. Joni Ernst said judges should have an “understanding [of] where the Constitution came from and our laws, and they all did come from God.”
Read it at Think Progress
April 29, 2014 2:08 PM

Location hidden

#44902 May 4, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We disagree about Rose_NoHo. She is unreasonable. Her seeming reasonableness towards you is obviously forced and probably fleeting.
You and I can agree to disagree too. If we were all in perfect agreement we would all live in the same house boat.

Do you remember when I first encountered you and suggested that if you wanted the rubes to understand what you were saying you should stop calling them your affectionate pet names?

You immediately called me a name, I do not remember what, and I realized what you were doing and decided to support your cause. I realized it is not you who are the problem, but the low IQ'd rubes who only care about their rights and never about the rights of others. They are illogical, unreasonable, argumentative and some are literally insane.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 5 min Trump is a joke 85
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 11 min EdmondWA 17,624
News Rupert Everett is 'drawn to the fall of Oscar W... 17 min Todd 2
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 27 min Todd 640
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 36 min American Independent 975
News Dolly Parton Discusses Gay Rumors, Losing a Dra... (Nov '12) 50 min larry 11
God Bless President Trump 59 min Frankie Rizzo 12
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 3 hr GodSmacked 27,300
More from around the web