Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61394 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#4223 Jun 18, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you will be thrilled with their solution.
At least I won't have to see 'Frankie Rizzo' over at the 'Judge....' thread anymore. That thread will for sure be history...for me.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4224 Jun 18, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, it will give GTF just another thing to ramble on about.=(
I wonder when they will catch themselves, as their avatar implies that they are chasing themselves.

“STOP THE SPREAD OF LIES”

Since: Jun 13

JEWS ARE GOD'S CHOSEN ONES

#4227 Jun 19, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Marriage is marriage. If you have the legal right to be a gay couple, you have the legal right to be a gay MARRIED couple. End of debate.
Let's climb out of the 19th century, folks.
Says who? You. Children have the legal right to have sex, but adults don't have the right to have sex with those children. People have the legal right to be 3,4,5, 8 people couples, but they can not marry in one marriage, End of Debate.

Let's climb out of the Stone Ages, folks. We once ignored all kinds of things that caused diseases, why go back to those days.

#4228 Jun 19, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
Eileen Jael, sodomites lived in Sodom, which was destroyed, along with Gomorrah, because of inhospitality to strangers, NOT homosexuality. Please have someone explain it to you so that you can understand the truth.
Oh, and just an FYI,my WIFE and I (a happy lesbian FAMILY) will celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary this year in June.
What strangers were they inhospitable to and if God had decided in advance to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, then how could it have been due to the in hospitality.

This is just another reason why SSM must be stopped. The willingness of you all to lie. Please have some one read it to you, so you can not lying.

Oh and just FYI, your wife, so you are a man, good for you.

#4229 Jun 19, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
Gay marriage is gay because same-sex couples are happy when they get married.
Straight marriage is unhappy, most end in divorce, and let's face there ain't much sex going on in those marriages.
Please explain exactly what a gay marriage is and what is a homosexual? Are gays homogeneous and homogamous or did you just invent the words gay and homosexual?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#4233 Jun 20, 2013
The IRS leaked NOM's tax forms to their political opponents. Harassing new filers wasn't satisfying enough, they had to enjoy messing filers already on record.

Did you see all those pages of inquiries demanded by the IRS?

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#4234 Jun 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The IRS leaked NOM's tax forms to their political opponents. Harassing new filers wasn't satisfying enough, they had to enjoy messing filers already on record.
What did the President know, and when did he know it ?

FULL IMPEACHMENT INQUIRIES are warranted here to get to the bottom of this.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#4236 Jun 20, 2013
Lilith_Sparkles wrote:
<quoted text>aaaaawh what a shame
So you condone The Obamaniac Regime's criminality ?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4238 Jun 20, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You repeatedly make this assertion, but you never prove it.

Ironically, you often link to an article that expressly refutes your claim and offers a FEC fileing for Romney's Free andStrong America PAC, which is publicly available.

http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/one-of-noms-top...

Why do you insist upon lying Brian?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4239 Jun 20, 2013
fr Stop-It-Now:

>...This is just another reason why SSM must be stopped. The willingness of you all to lie. Please have some one read it to you, so you can not lying.
Oh and just FYI, your wife, so you are a man, good for you.<

Nope. I'm a woman, happily married for five years to my WIFE. Deal with it, sugarcheeks.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4240 Jun 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now- wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain exactly what a gay marriage is and what is a homosexual? Are gays homogeneous and homogamous or did you just invent the words gay and homosexual?
Just what Topix needed - another moron. Welcome aboard!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4241 Jun 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Sweetie, NOM operates two non-profit organizations, an "education fund" and a PAC. The tax records for both, by law, must be available to the public. No leak, except the air escaping from your brain.

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

#4242 Jun 21, 2013
Marriage is a civil contract. In the public arena everyone can participate and equal pay for equal work, which to me means str8 married people should not be given benefits over anybody else including sings, or LGBT married people. I am a single person and I do not want to see any kind of privileges accorded who you commit to.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4243 Jun 21, 2013
Honey, the Huffington Po claims NOM's 2008 Schdule B was leaked by an IRS whistleblower; the donors are victims of a federal crime. Do you want me to post the link to the admission again?

This crime is more than a shame.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4246 Jun 22, 2013
Just as L_S is a known defamer of her political opponents. Is it OK for the IRS to harass the administration's political opponents because you don't like them? How does openness in governance equate to illegally leaking confidential tax returns to the HRC, a PAC?

“JAMAICA”

Since: Feb 13

Kingston,Jamaica

#4247 Jun 22, 2013
I don't think it's right because man belongs with woman not a man.

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#4249 Jun 22, 2013
995062996-ITO wrote:
I don't think it's right because man belongs with woman not a man.
But Kingston is FILLED with PRETTY BATTYBOYS, MAN !
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#4250 Jun 22, 2013
I "love" it when 'reacto-cons' maintain that Sodom was destroyed "because of all homosexuality" and THEN the 'gay mafia'/ hetero-apologists-for-the-anyt hing-goes-Sexual Revolution counter it with the equally ridiculous "inhospitality" schtick.

In ancient Greece male homosexuality was ALL about love and relationships, and NOT the kind of mindless, emotionless lust that occurs between a prostitute and a 'John'... the latter was looked down upon in fact in the homosexual world.

I don't know if this Biblical story is true at all BUT if men are just wildly sodomizing each other in the streets I can easily understand why any decent society would condemn this and try to incorporate their understandable-revulsion into religious dogma ... SORRY reacto-cons AND "50 Shades of Gray" S & M degenerates alike!
Arizona

Ardsley, NY

#4251 Jun 22, 2013
Shake shake shake sinora..shake it all about

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#4254 Jun 22, 2013
The donors names and addresses listed on NOM's Schedule B are confidential, it's illegal to release that information. You don't have the right to see your political opponents tax forms and they don't have the right to see yours.

Same sex marriage supporters are bad because they care more for ersatz equality than privacy. Reason 32 for keeping marriage one man and one woman; the IRS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay pride assembly at Virginia Beach school pos... 1 min Mitts Gold Taliblets 9
News Slovenians vote on whether to uphold same-sex m... (Dec '15) 1 min fathiwady 13
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 min TomInElPaso 2,099
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min Harry Hay 4,713
News Were 'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip and Joanna Gaines... 36 min Mitts Gold Taliblets 13
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 36 min lides 22,463
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 42 min lides 42,866
More from around the web