Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61362 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#36259 Mar 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gender never should have been part of the equation in the first place.
-
Why? Because, you mean that it doesn't exist? Is this one of your other pet peeves, like God doesn't exist?
-
Humanity is evolving its knowledge of how we should treat one another.
-
One could only wish that you were part of this evolution.
-
The problem of course, as you so aptly prove to us all, is that most individuals are not up to the improvements.
-
If you moved out of your parents house and got a job, that would be an improvement. Just staying off of these threads would be a big improvement.
-
Wanting to keep us in the dark ages might appeal to a lot of bigots but it is just a matter of time until all your hopes, wants, desires and dreams are flushed right down the toilet where they belong.
-
They'll all end up in your toilet, which needs to be unstopped by the way.
-
When I was growing up my white friends
-
FRIENDS! You had friends??!!
-
used to make mean nasty jokes about me having a gay cousin, and me dating a black girl.
-
Oh! You dated girls??!!
-
It was a good thing I was big and knew how to defend myself. I was never aggressive but I sure could defend myself and believe me I was called to defend myself for having both gay and black friends.
-
Too bad you couldn't diffuse the situation with your cutting wit.(Is there a font for sarcasm?)
-
Today the kids of those racist anti-gay bigots don't see what the problem is and I have heard white kids say, "I wish I was black". Just like black kids used to say they wished they were white many many years ago.
-
Yeah! White kids who are closeted blacks, just like all these gays who want to marry and be just like normal, heterosexual couples are closeted heterosexuals. Is there a name for these sort of neuroses? These kind of people really don't like themselves, do they, wanting to be someone else?
-
I enjoy dealing with you racist anti-gay bigots. The thing I have found that works best is quoting the god-damned Bible to you.
-
I think atheists are more fun than a barrel of bonobos!
-
JESUS: Luke 19:27, "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them, bring them here and kill them in front of me."
JESUS: Luke 14:26, "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters yes, even his own life he cannot be my disciple."
JESUS: Matt. 10:34, NIV "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."
-
I always welcome Bible verses. Thank you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#36260 Mar 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is illogical. Logic demands proof of God and there is none.
-
It's called a proof by definition. Look it up.
-
We are only proof of ourselves we are not proof that we are the result of anything but having arisen in this bio-sphere. There is no God and the sooner you accept this fact the sooner you can give up all your other silly ideas, especially those about gay people.
-
Do ideas exist? Prove it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#36261 Mar 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as ignorant of History as you are of the contents of the Bible.
Hey, how about this to prove the Bible can not be trusted to tell us about homosexuality:
1 SAM. 13:1
("Saul was .?. years old when he began to reign"--RSV, NAB, NWT, MT)
versus
("50 years old"--NEB)
versus
("40 years old"--ASV, NAS)
versus
("30 years old"--NIV).
Again, 1 SAM. 13:1
("...and for 2 years he reigned over Israel"--NWT, MT, NAB)
versus
("and he reigned over Israel for 22 years" --NEB)
versus
("he reigned 32 years"--NAS)
versus
("he reigned over Israel 42 years"--NIV)
versus
("one or two years"--LV).
-
Are you having a problem with the Bible, or the various TRANSLATIONS of the Bible? And does it makes any difference how old Saul was?

You sure do like to nit pick.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#36262 Mar 15, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you used to be when gaya-marriage was not allowed?
Correct, legally we were nothing more than roommates.

We desired to change that and now can legally marry in 17 states.

Polygamists seem content without the legal obligations of marriage, which probably explains why none of them have even bothered to bring a lawsuit challenging the ban on polyga-marriage for over 130 years.

Tawas City, Michigan

#36263 Mar 15, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Always the victim, never a sense of humor.
Remind me to look up a bunch of drunk cripple jokes for you.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#36264 Mar 15, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So the govt has no right to ban incest between a father and his minor child then.
It's hard to believe 8 posters think your post is "Brilliant". I smell a rat.

Poof Daddy? Are you rigging the judge-its again? That's no way to advocate equality. Don't cheat it defeats the purpose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#36265 Mar 15, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Oh, yes! Your Sheeple obsession, again.
Is there such a thing as existence? If yes, then there's God. It's simple really.
Is there such a thing as existence? If yes, then there's the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's simple really.

Tawas City, Michigan

#36266 Mar 15, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Actually, "Christian" started out as an pejorative term, and it later gained respectability when the world saw what wonderful things Christianity and Christians brought.
Like the Inquisition, burning women at the stake, etc?

Trust me, "Christian" earned its pejorative nature.

Tawas City, Michigan

#36267 Mar 15, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<-
Gays are corrupting the values and morals of the nation, whereas, blacks were not. Most blacks were honest Christians at one time, and many still are, That can't be said about atheistic, leftists gays, who are promoting decadence and libertinism under the cover of gay rights.
-
Your racist "christian" pals would disagree. They used the same fairytale to condemn blacks as being inferior & immoral as you use to condemn gays & lesbians.

Scratch a homophobe, reveal a racist.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#36268 Mar 15, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Oh, yes! Your Sheeple obsession, again.
Is there such a thing as existence? If yes, then there's God. It's simple really.
Well, "existence" is impersonal. It can't care about the kind of sex we have, it can't be for or against anything.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#36269 Mar 15, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Why can't you mind your own business? Leave me alone.
-
<quoted text>
-
Gays are corrupting the values and morals of the nation, whereas, blacks were not. Most blacks were honest Christians at one time, and many still are, That can't be said about atheistic, leftists gays, who are promoting decadence and libertinism under the cover of gay rights.
-
<quoted text>-
Ok! Just more whacko talk from you. One just can't take you seriously.
Projection. You are the busybody without moral values.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#36270 Mar 15, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Are you having a problem with the Bible, or the various TRANSLATIONS of the Bible? And does it makes any difference how old Saul was?
According to the Bible, how many sons did God have?

Santa Monica, CA

#36271 Mar 15, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
So, which translation is god's inerrant word? Oh is only the original text god's inerrant word?

Santa Monica, CA

#36272 Mar 15, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
-
It's called a proof by definition. Look it up.
-
<quoted text>-
Do ideas exist? Prove it.
I wouldn't quote any of your posts in the attempt...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#36273 Mar 15, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind me to look up a bunch of drunk cripple jokes for you.
You wouldn't call me a drunk cripple if I was gay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#36274 Mar 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is there about Religion that is not insane? You are not a guide you are a liar, a con-artist and a charlatan.
-
What is there about you that is not insane?
-
1 Timothy 6:15-16 (ESV), which he will display at the proper time—he who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal dominion. Amen.
Only Jesus has immortality according to the worlds most stupid book.
-
This coming from quite possibly the world's most stupid person.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#36275 Mar 15, 2014
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
If a man states that he has a husband or a woman states that she has a wife, everyone will know exactly what they are talking about. Anyone who would be confused by what they were saying would have to be very, very stupid.
We're sorry you're stup....um, confused.
-
Well, people on these threads write all the time about their wife or husband, and there is just a lack of information now that didn't exist before. We can thank gays for dumbing down the language and creating confusion. We know gays are sexually confused, and it is too bad that they have now spread their confusion to everyone else.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#36276 Mar 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
One good reason for gay marriage is it extends more freedom to more people. Show me how that is not good for people who want to be free.
-
More freedom to do what? Leech off the taxpayer? No law in the US has stopped people from living with and loving whomever they want since a half century, now. Marriage for gays is really to acquire the legal conveniences and governmental benefits and goodies that status confers. Demanding a right to marriage for them is like rich people demanding a right to welfare. They do nothing that entitles them to marriage…… or welfare. It's ridiculous!

One would think a libertarian would realize this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#36277 Mar 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
-
I was expecting her to go, or at least, leave me alone. I'm staying. Happy?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#36278 Mar 15, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the most important concepts in Christianity is original sin or the belief that all mankind has inherited a sinful nature brought about by the acts of Adam and Eve.
……
Each of these verses shows that every person should only be punished for those sins which he commits, not those of others.
Original sin makes about as much sense as if I were sitting at home one evening and the following occurred. The police came to my door and stated I was under arrest because my father in Europe just shot and killed someone. I responded by asking what that had to do with me and they said, "He's your father isn't he?"
-
But if insanity were heritable, and your father committed an insane act, then one should expect that you'd be under suspicion. Kind of like the present circumstances……

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 28 min cpeter1313 29
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 33 min cpeter1313 61,640
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 40 min Frankie Rizzo 28,162
News Transgender people in Iran face discrimination ... 56 min Frankie Rizzo 5
Why do we use LGBT or GLBT and not just GBT? (Jun '09) 4 hr Dale 8
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... 5 hr Dale 1
News Oregon high school faces hearing for anti-gay d... 5 hr Dale 2
News Gay veteran with a penchant for heels wins land... 11 hr FRAN FARTS 95