Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 60551 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#29035 Feb 19, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with your African HIV strawman. You bring it up to get the conversation off HIV in the US. You do this because here in the US HIV is 80% gay male -- a gay male disease.
I even heard that when you fellows visit schools to talk about HIV you only talk about World-Wide HIV.
You fool no one with it... except the children.
If all the gay people and their friends say that gay men cheat on their spouses with HIV infected men in adult book stores, gay bath houses and back rooms in bars, and bring it home and infect their spouse who in turn goes out and infects others and therefore all gay men are infected, will you leave this discussion? Would you consider your work here done, over and complete? Or do you want the petty bickering to continue never reaching any concession from either side?

I do not know one way or the other if what you say about gay men is true or not. But my experience with people tells me that people are not going to admit to things that make them look bad. Well, except for Comrade Sheepie who insists on posting things that make him look bad.

Christians refuse to admit to biblical errors, contradictions and fallacies so why should gays go out and brag about each new case of AIDS?

That would be like the Pope admitting the Bible is complete bovine excrement.

Honestly, the gay people I know, and I know a lot are doing everything they can to stop the spread of HIV. Most all of them would rather spend a nice evening having dinner with friends then attend some orgy in the back room of some sleazy bar.

“HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY”

Since: Aug 08

WEEKEND:-)

#29036 Feb 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
$500,000? That's nothing. President Obama visited California to inspect the drought and then played golf in the afternoon and golf courses spend more than that just watering their lawns.
FYI....Golf Course use Reclaimed Water.......water that has been treated from Waste Water Treatment plants that CAN'T be used for human consumption, but can be used to water our crops and large grass areas like at Golf Courses!!!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#29037 Feb 19, 2014
KiMare wrote:
At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. That is the scientific basis.
Ss couples are a failure of mating behavior. An evolutionary anomaly that has yet to have a purpose identified.
You claim that marriage and a ss couple are equal, yet can only do so by denying every aspect of comparison except by producing a piece of paper that affirms your denial.
I have a piece of paper signed by three psychiatrists that affirms that I am capable of living on my own.
You need THAT piece of paper to go with your other one...
Good god man are you still babbling?? GET A LIFE!!

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#29038 Feb 19, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want, a cookie?
LOL! Comrade Sheepie has been very clear about what he wants and that is, he wants to control who can marry whom and how many. If he doesn't approve of a marriage arrangement between consenting adults he wants a government law against it. He fails to realize that government laws do not work and continues to insist that they do work despite the over whelming evidence against any law working as it was designed to work. Comrade Sheepie drives down the freeway at 65 miles an hour in the slow lane past those highway signs that say Speed Limit 55 MPH with all the other vehicles passing him at speeds of 70 MPH and higher, all the while telling himself how wonderful it is that laws work.

Comrade Sheepie goes to the cemetery to socialize because he refuses to believe everyone there is dead. He brings a deeper understanding to the word delusional.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#29039 Feb 19, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never denied it dummy, that's your schtick.
You really aren't paying attention Jizzy. That's the problem with our relationship, your stupidity.
Is that the only problem?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#29040 Feb 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If all the gay people and their friends say that gay men cheat on their spouses with HIV infected men in adult book stores, gay bath houses and back rooms in bars, and bring it home and infect their spouse who in turn goes out and infects others and therefore all gay men are infected, will you leave this discussion? Would you consider your work here done, over and complete? Or do you want the petty bickering to continue never reaching any concession from either side?
I do not know one way or the other if what you say about gay men is true or not. But my experience with people tells me that people are not going to admit to things that make them look bad. Well, except for Comrade Sheepie who insists on posting things that make him look bad.
Christians refuse to admit to biblical errors, contradictions and fallacies so why should gays go out and brag about each new case of AIDS?
That would be like the Pope admitting the Bible is complete bovine excrement.
Honestly, the gay people I know, and I know a lot are doing everything they can to stop the spread of HIV. Most all of them would rather spend a nice evening having dinner with friends then attend some orgy in the back room of some sleazy bar.
Look, 30 years you just wanted to be left alone. Today, you just want to be left with the school kids so that you can teach them homosexuality is normal.

30 years from now ...?

“HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY”

Since: Aug 08

WEEKEND:-)

#29041 Feb 19, 2014
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Good god man are you still babbling?? GET A LIFE!!
You've got mail:-)

Hope all is well:-)
Poof

Madison, WI

#29042 Feb 19, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Professor, now tell us how the virus selected out 400,000 gay males in the US and killed them.
Do you want to tell me why 48% of HIV cases belong to black males, when they on'ly make up 12% of the population??

Would you tell me how a virus that started in Africa got transmitted to the US? Well fella, tell me why you people cant control your sexual urges.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#29043 Feb 19, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So the government should allow & endorse forced child marriages and bestiality marriages and incest marriages?
Just how far does your "all" extend?
We ALL have our rights restricted to some extent; it's the cost of living in a civilized nation.
NO right is absolute.
When you talk of marriage, we assume you are talking about consenting adults. Please give us the same courtesy or else it will be very silly.

Either debate like an honest man or don't debate at all. Just stop being stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#29044 Feb 19, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So the government should allow & endorse forced child marriages and bestiality marriages and incest marriages?
Just how far does your "all" extend?
We ALL have our rights restricted to some extent; it's the cost of living in a civilized nation.
NO right is absolute.
Of course this is the same stuff ignorant bigots used against same sex marriage, and of course you fail to see the irony and the hypocrisy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#29045 Feb 19, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Do you want to tell me why 48% of HIV cases belong to black males, when they on'ly make up 12% of the population??
Would you tell me how a virus that started in Africa got transmitted to the US? Well fella, tell me why you people cant control your sexual urges.
Wow. "you people", eh? Nice Jizzy. Real nice.(sarcasm)

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#29046 Feb 19, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, 30 years you just wanted to be left alone. Today, you just want to be left with the school kids so that you can teach them homosexuality is normal.
30 years from now ...?
30 years from now it will be a non-issue. History books will talk about how some slow people were against equality for all, and the kids will shake their heads and think, "How could anybody be that way?" You know, just like when I was in school and learned that people used to legally discriminate against black people. I looked at those people with shame. That's how people will see everyone who is against equality in America. The legacy of lame.

Location hidden

#29047 Feb 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what you are being told. I do not know of anyone who says sex is with out risk. Except possible Comrade Sheepie, and no normal person would listen to him preach on any subject.
Apparently there is some support that gay male oral sex is not morbidly unhealthy.
http://www.thebody.com/content/art2772.html
At the International Conference on AIDS this summer, Gay Men's Health Crisis sponsored a standing-room-only forum on the subject. Three scientists explained that although some people have been infected through oral sex such cases appear to be rare. Despite the widely reported discovery that monkeys can easily be infected by swabbing the back of their tongues with SIV, the simian cousin of HIV, humans usually catch the AIDS virus sexually through anal or vaginal intercourse.
The panel's last speaker was gay activist and author Eric Rofes.''The oral sex panic,'' he declared, arises from ''a deeply rooted anxiety about what we do with our bodies with other males'' and from society's dismissal of ''the authentic need that many men have to exchange semen.'' Rofes ended by exhorting the audience to ''hold our ground'' on oral sex.''If you want to make it even more safe, don't let him come in your mouth. But keep doing it!''
The very next day, researcher Timothy Schacker presented data on people newly infected with HIV. In 12 cases, Schacker had been able to identify the specific sexual episode that most likely transmitted the virus; in four cases, the riskiest activity was fellatio. In two, the men's partners confirmed their stories. Schacker concluded that ''oral transmission of HIV may occur more often than previously recognized.''
To Schacker, a key finding was that the men in his study were having oral sex without a condom about 20 times mo re frequently than they were having unprotected receptive anal sex. So, although the risk for a single act of fellatio is much less than for anal sex, Schacker says,''if you perform oral sex enough times, your cumulative risk could be substantial.''
Schacker's study is too small to be conclusive. But it documents something many clinicians and researchers have noticed: a persistent trickle of infections among people who say fellatio is their primary risk factor. Four out of 102 newly infected gay men in Amsterdam cited oral sex as their riskiest behavior, one out of 50 in Boston, three out of 49 in San Francisco, one out of 41 in a second S.F. study, and six out of 28 in Stockholm. In addition, at least a dozen more cases are in the scientific literature, and researchers in Sweden and New York are preparing to publish new reports of individuals getting infected through fellatio.
On the other hand, there is persuasive evidence that HIV is hard to catch through oral sex. Several studies of heterosexual couples, in which one partner was HIV-positive, found that none of the women wh o performed fellatio but used condoms for vaginal intercourse got infected. In a large American study, none of the 147 men who had oral but not anal sex got infected.
Your posts are ridiculously long.

This is a forum, not a lecture hall.

Location hidden

#29048 Feb 19, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Do you want to tell me why 48% of HIV cases belong to black males, when they on'ly make up 12% of the population??
Homosexual behavior ...?
Poof

Madison, WI

#29049 Feb 19, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexual behavior ...?
That does not explain why 48% of you folks are responsible for all new HIV cases, does it fella . It looks like you people are incapable of a monogamous relation ship. Why is that fella?
Do you not understand what a condom is used for? Here is a clue, they are not blow up toys for your kids.

Location hidden

#29050 Feb 19, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>That does not explain why 48% of you folks are responsible for all new HIV cases, does it fella . It looks like you people are incapable of a monogamous relation ship. Why is that fella?
Do you not understand what a condom is used for? Here is a clue, they are not blow up toys for your kids.
I agree with all of the above.

And, honestly, fella -- is that all you got?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29051 Feb 19, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The ignorant are always afraid of new developments in technology & science.
I know you want to go back to the "good old days" of the 1950's or maybe even the 1850's, but that's never going to happen.
Yeah the "good old days" when babies were made the old fashioned way......not as a frankensteinish science project so two lesbians can create a child without a father at all. Really Sheepie.....what do you tell your own father? He's replaceable and interchangeable with a lesbian woman?

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#29052 Feb 19, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with your African HIV strawman. You bring it up to get the conversation off HIV in the US. You do this because here in the US HIV is 80% gay male -- a gay male disease.
I even heard that when you fellows visit schools to talk about HIV you only talk about World-Wide HIV.
You fool no one with it... except the children.
I would like to see people answer you with facts and not insults and name calling. If you are right about your assertions, and I do not know that you are, it seems that the only way to refute you would be with credible studies which show something different that what you are asserting.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#29053 Feb 19, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. MSM. Not the same thing. And 80% is an incorrect number.
The young innercity poor population of free clinic denizens are not getting themmessage.
What can one expect after a decade of "abstinence only" in the schools. An interesting corollary is that the rate of unplanned pregnancy has also risen in parallel.
Try to remember that there are 10-12 million of us. How many cases of HIV are there?
Now, do you actually have anything to say about HIV rates in married gay people?
That is exactly the kind of reply I was hoping to see against garylloyds assertions.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#29054 Feb 19, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is link to the current HIV statistics.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/basics/atag...
Gary is lying with the numbers. MSM account for 78% of new infections among males, rather than the entire population. Gary is a know troll and liar.
Gary is an sixtyish black man contributing to the alarming spread of HIV in the Black community by insisting that HIV is a "gay disease."
By Race/Ethnicity
Blacks/African Americans continue to experience the most severe burden of HIV, compared with other races and ethnicities.
Blacks represent approximately 12% of the U.S. population, but accounted for an estimated 44% of new HIV infections in 2010. They also accounted for 44% of people living with HIV infection in 20091, 2.
Since the epidemic began, more than 260,800 blacks with an AIDS diagnosis have died, including an estimated 7,678 in 20103.
Unless the course of the epidemic changes, at some point in their lifetime, an estimated 1 in 16 black men and 1 in 32 black women will be diagnosed with HIV infection5.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/basics/atag...
The irony is how he puffs himself ranting against SSM, when, in fact, serious commitment along with HIV testing, is one of the most effective ways to prevent HIV spread.
""Gary is an sixtyish black man contributing to the alarming spread of HIV in the Black community by insisting that HIV is a "gay disease."""

That is an extremely important point. And proof that gary is the pot calling the kettle black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 1 min slavery lives 83
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 5 min marriage redefined 300
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 10 min assassin235 33,960
News Conservative Republicans question what's next a... 42 min woodtick57 160
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 44 min the Ace of Spades 514
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 46 min woodtick57 704
News 10 Questions for Christians Who Support Gay Mar... 48 min Reverend Alan 29
News Gay marriage opponents propose 2 Colorado ballo... 1 hr jcofe 23
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 1 hr Reverend Alan 7,040
More from around the web