Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61362 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#29139 Feb 19, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
But YOU are violating MY right to kill your dog!
Oh, so NOW you want the govt to come to your rescue with their "ineffective laws" once it affects you personally.
What happened to your magical anarchist society where everyone can do whatever they want and all laws have been repealed?
My, my, my, how quickly you flip.
Btw, all insane rhetorical examples aside, my point is that sometimes YOUR rights can conflict with MY rights, even if you might not agree. YOUR "right" to drive as fast as you want may conflict with MY right to drive on a safe roadway; hence laws which can be used as a way to make roads safer. YOUR "right" to marry as many women as you want may conflict with MY rights under current family law.
So YOU might think your "rights" don't conflict with others, but they often do.
Oy vey.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#29142 Feb 19, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any part of consenting adult polygamy. It's a simple concept really. Consenting adult brides are not children. Duh.
That's why I like you silly jackasses! Stuff like this.
Assume for the moment that everyone agreed with you that 3 consenting adults should be able to get married. Then what? What is the punch line? What would you say to that exactly?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#29143 Feb 19, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no piont.
I should say not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#29145 Feb 19, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Well, and a Man who chases women and cheats on his wife does not choose their sexual attractions either
It is Unhealthy to engage in homosexuality
Not the same thing.......there is NOTHING unhealthy about engaging in homosexuality.....what is UNHEALTHY is engaging in high risk sexual activity WITHOUT taking the proper precautions!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#29146 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume for the moment that everyone agreed with you that 3 consenting adults should be able to get married. Then what? What is the punch line? What would you say to that exactly?
I'd say you're looking pretty hot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#29147 Feb 19, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you're looking pretty hot!
Ah, Frank...
Wait, what were talking about it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#29149 Feb 19, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, Frank...
Wait, what were talking about it?
How hot you're looking!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29151 Feb 19, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does two women potentially creating a child have to do with bigotry against men?
The intentional deprivation of the child's biological father in order to satisfy their own needs.
Where in the constitution is the "right to have a father" or the "right to know your father"?
It's not....and your point?
I'm very fortunate to have been raised by both my parents. If they were both women or both men, I would have been just as fortunate and just as grateful.
Sigh.....just admit it Sheepie......you wouldn't trade your father for a lesbian woman.
If the child was created by two women- as was originally posited- he/she wouldn't have a daddy.
Which would be unethical.
A responsible parent would have explained all this well before the subject comes up.
A responsible parent wouldn't be irresponsible in regards to the child's biological mother and/or father.
Where did I ever say I would trade my father for a lesbian woman? Or for anyone for that matter? Oh that's right, I DIDN'T.
Whew.....that's a relief. See your dad isn't interchangeable with a lesbian woman. Father's do matter!!! Nor is a Mom with a gay man, for that matter.
Just as if I had been raised by 2 lesbians I would never trade one of them for some strange man either.
Not some strange man....your Dad.......uhhhhhhh.....ahhhhhh h.......hmmmmmm....wait...that would still make him strange!:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#29152 Feb 19, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Whether you like it or not, many children are raised every day either without a mother or a father......that's life and that's a reality......moaning about what a child needs or is entitled to is rather irrelevant because some just DON'T have that and they are raised just fine with two parents regardless of gender!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29154 Feb 19, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you like it or not, many children are raised every day either without a mother or a father......that's life and that's a reality.....
Yes it is.
.moaning about what a child needs or is entitled to is rather irrelevant because some just DON'T have that and they are raised just fine with two parents regardless of gender!!!
Oh like two adult sisters, two adult brothers, a mother and her mother, or a father and his father? Two parents of the same gender!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#29155 Feb 19, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Saul certainly was a piece of work, wasn't he!
- All right…… let's read this in the proper context: 1 Corinthians 7:32 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. 33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— 34 and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. 35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

36 If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strong[b] and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married. 37 But the man who has settled the matter in his own mind, who is under no compulsion but has control over his own will, and who has made up his mind not to marry the virgin—this man also does the right thing. 38 So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does better.[c]

See? This is why Anti-Christianists are so hostile to Christianity. They take everything out of context and don't understand a thing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#29156 Feb 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
anonymous wrote: Well, that's nice. But real authority only comes from the will of the people.
-
I thought real authority only comes from the barrel of a gun.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#29157 Feb 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Dusty Mangina wrote:You don't get to decide that it should be one, or the other. You're not God. Homosexuality occurs naturally, is not immoral, and STR8 people are the ones popping out gay babies.
<quoted text>
You are a moron Charlie Feather, What Dusty wrote was objective and impartial, just the facts. That you can't deal with facts does not mean you can so easily dismiss them.
You are a bad person Charlie Feather for treating your fellow human beings this way.
-
Oh yeah? Look who's the moron now! Rev Alan!

You are a jerk. You and Waste Water and all the other whiny dicks. You enter a boxing ring to engage in a fight, and then when you get hit you complain that your opponents is mean because he's hurting you! You guys are so pathetic!

If you can't take the punishment that goes on in these forums, then just go away. Otherwise, man up, you wusses!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#29158 Feb 19, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Oh yeah? Look who's the moron now! Rev Alan!
You are a jerk. You and Waste Water and all the other whiny dicks. You enter a boxing ring to engage in a fight, and then when you get hit you complain that your opponents is mean because he's hurting you! You guys are so pathetic!
If you can't take the punishment that goes on in these forums, then just go away. Otherwise, man up, you wusses!
How many gay marriages have you prevented, Chucky?

Location hidden

#29159 Feb 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of gobbledygook. You mental gymnastics are frightful just like all pew warming "believers" who see that the Bible is not perfect but full of errors [which disqualifies it to tell us about homosexuality].
-
Context! You ignore the context. That explains your abject ignorance.

Btw, I didn't see any rebuttal to that explanation. So, it stands.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#29160 Feb 19, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Ezekiel 16:49:
"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
You apparently hold these writings up as 100% true, right? There's your answer. Dispute it.
-
Yeah! I guess you could characterize gang raping visitors as arrogance and indifference. That works.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#29161 Feb 19, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Some believe that Lazarus of Bethany was the “beloved disciple” of Jesus -- and maybe even his gay lover. His feast day is today (Dec. 17).
Lazarus was raised from the dead by Jesus in a dramatic miracle told in John: 11. The Bible identifies him as a man living in the village of Bethany with his sisters Mary and Martha. Lazarus falls ill, and the sisters send a message to Jesus that “the one you love is sick.” By the time Jesus arrives, Lazarus has been dead in his tomb for four days. Jesus weeps at the tomb, then calls,“Lazarus, come out!” To the amazement of all, Lazarus is restored to life.
Some scholars believe Lazarus was also the unnamed “one whom Jesus loved,” also known as “the beloved disciple,” referenced at least five times in the Gospel of John. The term implies that Jesus was in love with him, and perhaps they shared the kind of intimacy that today would be called “gay.”
The Man Jesus Loved: Homoerotic Narratives from the New Testament by Theodore Jennings is an excellent book that covers the theory of Lazarus as Jesus’ lover -- and many other theories of special interest to GLBT people and our allies.
Maybe Lazarus’ unusual family also included lesbians. Rev. Nancy Wilson, moderator of Metropolitan Community Churches, raises this possibility in her excellent brochure “Our Story Too:Reading the Bible with New Eyes,” which says:
“Jesus loved Lazarus, Mary and Martha. What drew Jesus to this very non-traditional family
group of a bachelor brother living with two spinster sisters? Two barren women and a eunuch are
Jesus’ adult family of choice. Are we to assume they were all celibate heterosexuals? What if
Mary and Martha were not sisters but called each other ‘sister’ as did most lesbian couples
throughout recorded history?”
http://jesusinlove.blogspot.com/2009/12/saint...
You know, it is impossible that Jesus was gay. Jesus was perfect – the perfect reflection and likeness of God, so that excludes that idea right off the bat, since homosexuality is an abomination to God meriting death and damnation to Hell. See the contradiction?

The disciple that Jesus loved I always thought was John.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29163 Feb 19, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Yeah! I guess you could characterize gang raping visitors as arrogance and indifference. That works.
1. It didn't actually happen.

2. Gang rape has nothing to do with consensual sex.

3. Guess you don't actually believe the Bible if you take exception with the passage posted, which by the way, is the central point of the Sodom and Gomorrah story. Obviously, they didn't give a shit about anybody, especially those who were different. Kinda reminds me of you Charlie. You abuse homosexuals every day.

Location hidden

#29164 Feb 19, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the way you think you have all the answers. You don't. You're also making a whole lot of presumptions about me.
You are a spiritual shell, regurgitating errant sermons, and you don't even understand what you're regurgitating. You are neither smart enough nor well enough acquainted with the material you purport to champion to go toe to toe with me.
The biblical novices are so obvious. I knew you were one from the first few of your posts I read.
You are completely off the track and have little to no understanding of God. You continue to misrepresent Him (bear false witness) every time you post. You might want to be more concerned about that than about what gay people are doing.
-
Yeah! And I'm suppose to take the word of a reprobate on this? All I know is that your position is anti-scriptural, and you know it too. If you want to know God and do His will, you will have to repent of your homosexuality and remain celibate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29165 Feb 19, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, it is impossible that Jesus was gay. Jesus was perfect – the perfect reflection and likeness of God, so that excludes that idea right off the bat, since homosexuality is an abomination to God meriting death and damnation to Hell. See the contradiction?
The disciple that Jesus loved I always thought was John.
Perhaps, but Leviticus is crap so your analogy is also crap. Jesus has nothing to do with Leviticus troll.( Another example of how you come in the name of the Lord to abuse people.)

Thanks for the example of your horrible, mean-spirited behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 17 min Frankie Rizzo 27,992
News California Lawmakers Move to Limit Gay Conversi... 46 min Frankie Rizzo 7
News Kansas teacher moves after receiving threats fo... 55 min Frankie Rizzo 25
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Respect71 60,834
News Lesbian mum told baby won't be legally register... 3 hr Murphy 1
News School textbook with gay maths problem go viral 6 hr cpeter1313 8
News Federal Labor vows to crack down on gay convers... 9 hr Tre H 2
News 'Roseanne' Star Recalls Fight to Air Controvers... Apr 20 Frankie Rizzo 103