Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61397 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#25793 Feb 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Court cases for yourself before you practice pro-homosexual politics.
When you change the law to include same sex partners you must include other groups such as multiple partners and close relatives as well. That is the way the law works.
Twenty years ago if you brought up two men getting married to each other the judges would just "roll their eyes."
We "must" include other groups?

Are you sure about that??

If that were the case, then the laws would have been changed to allow incestous and polygamous marriage in the 17 states where same-sex couples can exercise their right to marry.

Wait one while I check the recent news........

Nope, I just checked, and NONE of the 17 states or even 17 countries where same-sex couples can marry allow incestous or polygamous marriages.

So much for your "must" theory.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#25794 Feb 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not it is no different than same sex marriage.
BTW I was not aware of the Washington vote, that was the first state to vote yes it was voted NO in about 30 States prior to that
http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/will-obamas...
Actually both polygamy and incest are DIFFERENT than granting the right to marry for Same-Sex couples.

Again, NO such thing as "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" Marriage......no matter what people claim.......it's just marriage that either involves an opposite-sex couple or a Same-Sex couple!

Oh and President Obama was reelected in 2012, so obviously what you think Americans DON'T want is NOT totally accurate!

Tawas City, Michigan

#25795 Feb 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Court cases for yourself before you practice pro-homosexual politics.
When you change the law to include same sex partners you must include other groups such as multiple partners and close relatives as well. That is the way the law works.
Twenty years ago if you brought up two men getting married to each other the judges would just "roll their eyes."
Did you tell that to the judges in Utah & Oklahoma who recently ruled same-sex couples have the right to marry?

Because they obviously forgot they "must" include other groups.

Maybe you should give them a call. You can google their phone numbers. I'm sure they're just waiting for your call to tell them they forgot to include incestuous & polygamous groups.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#25796 Feb 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
Read the link that you so proudly and posted on the Washington State vote tally. It is all there provided you know how to read legal briefs.
I didn't post a legal brief with regards to Washington and their vote......just the election results and there was NO reason a legal brief was necessary seeing as it was the anti-gay folks who put the referendum on the ballot in the first place AFTER the Legislators passed a Marriage Equality Act!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#25797 Feb 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I was not aware of the Washington vote, that was the first state to vote yes it was voted NO in about 30 States prior to that
If it's no different than "same sex marriage", then put incest & polygamy on the ballot and find out. Go for it.

Yes, WE are well aware of all the votes. The anti-gays were quite successful in passing marriage bans at the ballot 4-6-8-10 years ago. But opinions have changed dramatically since then, as evidence by our winning ALL FOUR of the last statewide votes on the issue. The trend has obviously turned in our favor, and now we will continue to repeal each & every state ban until we have all 50 states.

It's only a matter of time.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#25799 Feb 8, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm honestly looking.
All I see is mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Seriously, all I see is a utterly ridiculous farce!
You're looking in the mirror, sweetie.

Tawas City, Michigan

#25800 Feb 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, linking an article to the rabidly anti-gay Brian Brown of NOM is hardly unbiased reporting.

That would be like pro-segregationists linking to an article from the KKK as proof Americans back racial segregation.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#25801 Feb 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, Politics never ceases to amaze me. Neither does the emotional feelings of self centered human beings.
I have a questions[sic] for you.
Are you aware that when you support changing the laws of marriage for "same sex marriage" that you are also legally supporting changing the laws of marriage for "close blood relation marriage" and "more than one marriage at the same time (polygamy)". Now there is what is called legal precedent for it. Congradulations[sic] on your "Victory" and making a mockery out of the institution of Marriage and Family
Read the link that you so proudly and posted on the Washington State vote tally. It is all there provided you know how to read legal briefs.
First, a question usually ends with a question mark. We've all made plenty of typos here, but I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of that. Sorry, it's the educator in me....

Second, your post is nothing more than a pile of sh1t. Marriage equality doesn't open the door to any of the things you claim (you left out bestiality, BTW). If you're going to make the claim that marriage equality opens the door it polygamy and incest marriage, then you have to back it up with "proof". You don't get to waltz into the room, drop a turd of a post, and leave without explanation.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#25803 Feb 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The link is from US News and World Report which is liberal
Regardless of this Brown fellows views on non-traditional sexual relations the facts are clear when Gay Marriage came to a public vote it was voted down in over 30+ States.
BTW I have always been a champion of human rights and freedoms which is why I support a Civil Contract or Civil Union to provide legal protection for non-traditional relationships.
There will be some very serious side effects from this legal action. I put it right up there with Pro-Abortion rights and No Fault Divorce rights.
You buy into all of the fundie talking points and then run around squawking about how Pandora's Box has been thrown wide open. Marriage equality has existed in other countries for decades and NOTHING has happened. NOTHING.

It might interest you to know that even "conservative" states have had major shifts of attitude toward marriage equality.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/03/3905413...

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#25804 Feb 8, 2014
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/03/3905413...

Whoops!!! Clipped the "l" off of "html".
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#25805 Feb 8, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is, moron, you can't count.
I can count, but even if I couldn't, how does that prove polygamy should stay illegal?

Please get your head out of your ass.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25806 Feb 8, 2014
The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?? Jeez what surprise for everyone here we were all so thoroughly convinced you knew something, but as it turns out you ARE as irrelevant as everyone's been saying. What a mindblower!! I'm in shock I think.
It is more rewarding to watch paint dry then it is to listen to the rambling nonsense of an uneducated misinformed simple minded cretin like Comrade Sheepie.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#25807 Feb 8, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are another idiot who has homosexuality confused with sterility.
I can't reproduce, but am straight.
Oh, and provide any evidence hell exists, or STFU!
You are evidence hell exists.

Location hidden

#25808 Feb 8, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't even think about homosexuality and gay marriage, then they wouldn't be on this particular Topix thread, now would they.
People who know me love me.
If you burp, fart, hiccup and sneeze all at the same time you will die.

Location hidden

#25809 Feb 8, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first place, I'd never choose to live anywhere so backward. Secondly, marriage equality will come to NC, probably sooner than you think. You won't have to like it.
Has anything you've said here actually invalidated my marriage in any way, shape, or form? Keep on huffing and puffing, Hunty. It'll be fun to watch when you turn purple and pass out.
All of his arguments could easily be defeated yet you didn't do so did you. You ask if he said anything that actually invalidates your marriage which gives you the opportunity to validate it and you didn't do that.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#25810 Feb 8, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering there's almost 26,000 posts on this particular thread, it couldn't possibly get more off topic.
Plus it keeps the anti-gays tied up thinking they're actually preventing us from getting marriage equality by discussing polygamy instead. All it does is give me an opportunity to expose just how lame their arguments are and remind everyone there's no logical link between the two issues.
Every time these anti-gays bring up polygamy in the ongoing court cases for marriage equality, the judges just roll their eyes.
A man who declares that polygamy should stay illegal because consenting adults are non consenting children says I have a lame argument. Priceless!

Location hidden

#25812 Feb 8, 2014
The Moral Compass wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again miss thang, the LEGAL age for marriage or emancipation(that's where the government says they are adult and can make their own decisions, For the truth impaired like yourself) in many States is below 18.
Now that is an objective observation about Comrade Sheepie, "truth impaired"! I like it, it is both short and accurate.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#25813 Feb 8, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering there's almost 26,000 posts on this particular thread, it couldn't possibly get more off topic.
Plus it keeps the anti-gays tied up thinking they're actually preventing us from getting marriage equality by discussing polygamy instead. All it does is give me an opportunity to expose just how lame their arguments are and remind everyone there's no logical link between the two issues.
Every time these anti-gays bring up polygamy in the ongoing court cases for marriage equality, the judges just roll their eyes.
No judges rolled their eyes you lying sack of sh!t.

Here's the liberal Obama appointee Sotomayer of SCOTUS on polygamy-

Sotomayor interrupted the presentation of anti-Prop 8 litigator Theodore Olson to pose the following question: "If marriage is a fundamental right in the way proponents of same-sex marriage contend,“what state restrictions could ever exist,” for example,“with respect to the number of people ... that could get married?”

- See more at: http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/04/972...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#25814 Feb 8, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So bring a question to the ballot for incest marriages and polygamy.
Let's see how they do.
Lame dodge.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#25815 Feb 8, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's the smoke from you burning mangina fire which is getting in your eyes preventing you from seeing reality.
You may have to just give up an call the fire department before you set the whole neighborhood on fire.
Don't quit your day job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 33 min Frankie Rizzo 38,674
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 1 hr Cornfused 14
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 1 hr June VanDerMark 11,254
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr who cares 15,651
News Trump donates $100k to anti-LGBT Pastor 2 hr Marrion 7
News US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -... 4 hr Rainbow Kid 3
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... 4 hr Fa-Foxy 8
Dying off like flies 5 hr Rainbow Kid 18
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 9 hr Skippy 68,943
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 15 hr Frankie Rizzo 162
More from around the web