The Tension Between Homosexuality and...

The Tension Between Homosexuality and Religion

There are 3 comments on the Psychology Today story from May 8, 2013, titled The Tension Between Homosexuality and Religion. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

Two young men James and Dan are estranged from their families and have been since they began their relationship three years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 May 8, 2013
This is very important.

“What a FABULOUS pearl necklace”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#2 May 11, 2013
What an insightful article! I'm glad to read someone who sees both sides of this problem. So refreshing to not endure the dogmatic stance, OR the militant church-bashing.

“What a FABULOUS pearl necklace”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3 May 11, 2013
This was such a touching story; I just had to read it again! I don't understand James, however. It sounds like his family accepts him unconditionally; he is punishing them over church beliefs. That's my take anyway. As a cradle Catholic, one thing we all have in common is disputing church doctrines in one aspect or another! I have known many gay and lesbian Catholics in my life, and I don't recall any whom the church had issues with personally (in regards to their sexuality, that is). Some families have difficulty dealing with gay members and rely on their faith to help them accept. Maybe this is where the tensions arise. The man-made doctrines cloud their path to acceptance and love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min Poof1 16,094
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Wondering 38,875
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 18 min Frankie Rizzo 133
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 34 min Fa-Foxy 46
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 39 min Fa-Foxy 25
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 53 min ZUGZWANG 18
News Pastor Who Said Orlando Shooting Victims 'Got W... 1 hr WasteWater 3
More from around the web