Minneapolis Archbishop John Nienstedt Tells Mother: Reject Your Gay Son or Burn in Hell

Oct 9, 2012 Full story: www.towleroad.com 26

Saint Paul and Minneapolis Archbishop John Nienstedt, the guy who spearheaded a mass mailing in 2010 of 400,000 anti-gay DVDs, and created a special "marriage prayer" which he asked the state's Catholics to recite during Mass in an effort to create support for the anti-gay amendment on Minnesota's ballot in November, also told the mother of a gay son that she should reject him or risk burning in hell, according to a recently-surfaced letter.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#1 Oct 9, 2012
Wow, how Christian of him...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Oct 9, 2012
It's the Middle Ages all over again.

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#3 Oct 9, 2012
Aint Catholics GREAT ?!

:)

<s>

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Oct 10, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
Aint Catholics GREAT ?!
:)
<s>
At least here they aren't as blatantly State-sponsored as ...

http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162570987/germa...

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#5 Oct 10, 2012
Every time a toilet flushes a Catholic priest gets new a new frilly petticoat. F*ck them and the horse they rode in on.

Odd, this coming from a guy who wears pretty cloaks and long lacy dresses and cute red shoes. So manly. Tools. What century is this again?

Since: Jan 08

Thailand

#6 Oct 10, 2012
The RCC: the gift that keeps on giving.... hate, ignorance, distortion, etc. Won't the world be a better place when they've gone to THEIR reward!

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#7 Oct 10, 2012
Publicly the church's supposed position is "Love the sinner, hate the sin".

Clearly that's not the real truth if this man's action are anything to go by.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Oct 10, 2012
Niensted and the pope can burn in hell why are people from the U.S.A. taking orders from Rome anyway?

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#9 Oct 10, 2012
Truth wrote:
Niensted and the pope can burn in hell why are people from the U.S.A. taking orders from Rome anyway?
You are right. Many Americans freak out at even a mention of being held accountable under any type of international court, but let those cultoids in their sassy frocks say anything and folks jump to and kiss ass.
Good news - there is a cure to battle their influence, it's called Education.
Bad news - it's in very short supply.

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#10 Oct 10, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
At least here they aren't as blatantly State-sponsored as ...
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162570987/germa...
I laughed at this article - essentially the church is saying that you must buy your way into heaven. Although I'm fairly certain the Bible says the exact opposite.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#11 Oct 10, 2012
KirkW wrote:
Publicly the church's supposed position is "Love the sinner, hate the sin".
Clearly that's not the real truth if this man's action are anything to go by.
Actually, that love the sinner quote came from Ghandi, a NON Christian. OF COURSE he wasn't. All of Christianity is set up on hatred. Hatred for anyone NOT a Christian. Best part is that there are many kinds of Christians and the Methodists don't agree with the Congregationalists and they don't think well of the Lutherans. Make up your mind, folks!

Sometimes I find those cheesy little handout booklets in public places. They are always cheaply printed and horrible grammar, but a fun read. I still recall one that said "Even your finest thoughts are HIDEOUS in the eyes of God!" and went on and on, pretty much in the rancor of the Westboro Baptist freaks.

Now, who set up a nutsy religious theory like THAT?

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#12 Oct 10, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, that love the sinner quote came from Ghandi, a NON Christian. OF COURSE he wasn't. All of Christianity is set up on hatred. Hatred for anyone NOT a Christian. Best part is that there are many kinds of Christians and the Methodists don't agree with the Congregationalists and they don't think well of the Lutherans. Make up your mind, folks!
Sometimes I find those cheesy little handout booklets in public places. They are always cheaply printed and horrible grammar, but a fun read. I still recall one that said "Even your finest thoughts are HIDEOUS in the eyes of God!" and went on and on, pretty much in the rancor of the Westboro Baptist freaks.
Now, who set up a nutsy religious theory like THAT?
I'm a Lutheran AND a Congregationalist !

:)

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#13 Oct 10, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Lutheran AND a Congregationalist !
:)
Of course you are. More of your split personality is showing.

I have known many and like Congregationalists. Uh, I like MOST Congregationalists. They are real mouthy and no one pushes them around, including the reverend. They all have a say in running the place, hence the name on the door, unlike the usual sheep who march into their churches like robots and never utter a word, except "amen".

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Oct 10, 2012
Hate the sin, hate the sinner, and go find a new sin to practice. How many paedophiles has he hidden away to protect and condone? Just one more reason that the Catholic religion is not a religion of love, but just another big business!

Keep this in mind. The Vatican is considered a sovereign nation. We have American citizens taking leadership from ANOTHER NATION and telling people to practice discrimination WILLFULLY against fellow citizens, all because the legal ruler of ANOTHER NATION tells them to! If that's not a basis of treason, what is?

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#15 Oct 10, 2012
Dubya wrote:
The RCC: the gift that keeps on giving.... hate, ignorance, distortion, etc. Won't the world be a better place when they've gone to THEIR reward!
Perhaps not! It might leave a gap that Muslim militants would fill, and they are people who aren't even funny enough to laugh at.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#16 Oct 10, 2012
It is really too bad Dante is not alive. He would have cooked up (pun intended) special circles of hell for the hypocritical priests and even put them in there by name while they were still alive.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17 Oct 10, 2012
KirkW wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed at this article - essentially the church is saying that you must buy your way into heaven. Although I'm fairly certain the Bible says the exact opposite.
Caesaropapism and Simony are both pretty bad, and what our ancestors fled in coming to America.
Edward Chears

Jackson, TN

#18 Oct 11, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Caesaropapism and Simony are both pretty bad, and what our ancestors fled in coming to America.
By the time most ancestors fled western Europe (for religious reasons) to come to America, Protestantism had risen far above the Roman church. Date it to the 16th century. It was not Roma that they fled.

Simony is alive and well and hiding in plain sight in America. Protestant and Romish both.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19 Oct 11, 2012
Edward Chears wrote:
<quoted text>
By the time most ancestors fled western Europe (for religious reasons) to come to America, Protestantism had risen far above the Roman church. Date it to the 16th century. It was not Roma that they fled.
Simony is alive and well and hiding in plain sight in America. Protestant and Romish both.
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/09/162570987/germa...

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#20 Oct 11, 2012
JohnInToronto wrote:
It is really too bad Dante is not alive. He would have cooked up (pun intended) special circles of hell for the hypocritical priests and even put them in there by name while they were still alive.
Dante had one of the POPES in hell. A lovely idea, I believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 4 min Cali Girl 2014 55,842
John Barrowman Proud Of Gay Kiss At Commonwealt... 6 min Frankie Rizzo 12
Organizers announce gay parade for September 28 8 min Hungarian 101 52
Biggest Gay Lies 11 min Frankie Rizzo 1,991
Gay marriage set to make grand US... 27 min Frankie Rizzo 39
German gay rights activist beaten in Belgrade 28 min Hungarian 101 26
[VIDEO] Black Churches Are Becoming More Gay-Fr... 30 min Frankie Rizzo 48
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 32 min WasteWater 326
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 288
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 674
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••