New Research Reveals Brain Dominance May Determine Sexual Orientation

Oct 4, 2012 Full story: www.sbwire.com 20

Is sexual attraction all in the brain? James Olson, winner of four national book awards for The Whole-Brain Path to Peace , thinks so.

Full Story

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 4, 2012
Many bigots know gays don't choose it. Bigots just hate because they love to hate.
Rainbow Brain Dominance

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Oct 4, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
Many bigots know gays don't choose it. Bigots just hate because they love to hate.
We're here to help bigots deal with their inferior hetero brains
.
Po'thangs ;o))
Junior Esquire

El Segundo, CA

#3 Oct 4, 2012
Sounds like they have simply determined another effect of homosexuality, rather than a cause.
Dr Ramrod

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Oct 4, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
Sounds like they have simply determined another effect of homosexuality, rather than a cause.
Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity are conferred in the womb during the first 12 weeks of gestation, and they are irreversible
.
The physical sex of the baby's body is conferred months later; during the 5th month of pregnancy; when a sonogram of a baby's sex organ first becomes visible
.
The two events are independent; i.e.; the sex orientation of a baby doesn't determine whether the baby will be born a male or born a female
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Oct 4, 2012
(Groan)
james olson

San Rafael, CA

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Rainbow Brain Dominance wrote:
<quoted text>
We're here to help bigots deal with their inferior hetero brains
.
Po'thangs ;o))
As the author of the paper to which you are referring I want to make it clear that one of my goals is to help bigots. People fear what they do not understand, and when they fear, they become unstable and bigoted. So, IMO the first step in bringing an end to the war against homosexuality to understand the factors that contribute to human sexuality. It appears to me that you have not read the paper that explains my findings or you would have had different comments. I hope that you will take the time read the information I have compiled so that you can share your understanding and we can reduce the ignorance surrounding this subject, and through education reduce the violence—physical, mental and spiritual—that is directed towards homosexuals.
james olson

San Rafael, CA

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
Sounds like they have simply determined another effect of homosexuality, rather than a cause.
You clearly did not read my paper. Please, for all of those out there who are suffering because of the ignorance and fear surrounding this subject, find the time to read my research and pass it on. It is grounded in science and reason, informed by empirical evidence and spiritual observation, and is logical. What I have done is brought a wide range of information together and integrated it in such a way that new insights have been revealed. I don't know why it has taken so long for this to be discovered, other than almost everyone seeking an answer is focused entirely on science and physical causes, and sex begins in the mind, fed by the brain. My paper can be found here http://thewholebrainpath.com/role.html
james olson

San Rafael, CA

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Dr Ramrod wrote:
<quoted text>
Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity are conferred in the womb during the first 12 weeks of gestation, and they are irreversible
.
The physical sex of the baby's body is conferred months later; during the 5th month of pregnancy; when a sonogram of a baby's sex organ first becomes visible
.
The two events are independent; i.e.; the sex orientation of a baby doesn't determine whether the baby will be born a male or born a female
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
What you say corresponds more or less with the research I have found, other than I think it is fair to say that the sex of a baby is determined before one can see the sexual organs. My contribution is in explaining the mental mechanism that creates same-sex attraction, based on the physical events that you describe. Once again, I am seeing people focused on physical events rather than on the mind. This is the reason people are having so much trouble understanding the nature of sexuality.
http://thewholebrainpath.com/role.html
Junior Esquire

El Segundo, CA

#9 Oct 8, 2012
james olson wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly did not read my paper. Please, for all of those out there who are suffering because of the ignorance and fear surrounding this subject, find the time to read my research and pass it on. It is grounded in science and reason, informed by empirical evidence and spiritual observation, and is logical. What I have done is brought a wide range of information together and integrated it in such a way that new insights have been revealed. I don't know why it has taken so long for this to be discovered, other than almost everyone seeking an answer is focused entirely on science and physical causes, and sex begins in the mind, fed by the brain. My paper can be found here http://thewholebrainpath.com/role.html
Why don't we start out with you disclosing your own sexual orientation, because if you are gay, which I highly suspect, you could not possibly remain unbiased in your findings.
Your vernacular, which includes words and expressions such as; "bigots", "unstable", "war against homosexuality", "ignorance", etc., is not the vernacular of a professional, unbiased researcher, and highly suggests that you are gay. A research paper about homosexuality authored by a homosexual carries no weight.

You even contradict yourself. You speak of "empirical evidence", which suggests experimentation and observation, then you admit that "What I have done is brought a wide range of information together and integrated it in such a way that new insights have been revealed".
So you have collated existing data and "integrated it in such a way...". Integrated in what way? A way that leads to your predetermined findings?
I see that your books have won several awards, but until your papers are endorsed by an authoratative organization such as the APA, your findings carry no more weight than a personal opinion.
Dr Rizla-Koenig

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Oct 8, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we start out with you disclosing your own sexual orientation, because if you are gay, which I highly suspect, you could not possibly remain unbiased in your findings.
Your vernacular, which includes words and expressions such as; "bigots", "unstable", "war against homosexuality", "ignorance", etc., is not the vernacular of a professional, unbiased researcher, and highly suggests that you are gay. A research paper about homosexuality authored by a homosexual carries no weight.
You even contradict yourself. You speak of "empirical evidence", which suggests experimentation and observation, then you admit that "What I have done is brought a wide range of information together and integrated it in such a way that new insights have been revealed".
So you have collated existing data and "integrated it in such a way...". Integrated in what way? A way that leads to your predetermined findings?
I see that your books have won several awards, but until your papers are endorsed by an authoratative organization such as the APA, your findings carry no more weight than a personal opinion.
The APA long ago ceased being an organization devoted to pursuing scientific truth, wherever it may lead. Any 'authority' held by the APA is merely political, or more precisely, using the veneer of 'scientific' studies to promote the political agenda of homosexuals. The APA has been working for quite some time, since at least the mid-90s, to excuse, normalize, and begin advocating for the legalization of pedophilia and child molestation.
Using the same methodology as was done for the political benefit of the homosexuals.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Oct 8, 2012
Dr Rizla-Koenig wrote:
<quoted text>The APA long ago ceased being an organization devoted to pursuing scientific truth, wherever it may lead. Any 'authority' held by the APA is merely political, or more precisely, using the veneer of 'scientific' studies to promote the political agenda of homosexuals. The APA has been working for quite some time, since at least the mid-90s, to excuse, normalize, and begin advocating for the legalization of pedophilia and child molestation.
Using the same methodology as was done for the political benefit of the homosexuals.
Learn something:

http://www.dsm5.org/pages/default.aspx

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Dr Rizla-Koenig

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Oct 8, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn something:
http://www.dsm5.org/pages/default.aspx
Yes, I'm aware and have been for quite some time now all the political controversies surrounding this 'science'.
And then the documents.
The pedowing of the APA is trying to double-down on government money because they are in not only the ideological, but the political ascendancy under DOE policies.
dsm5 is a trial balloon subject to many political considerations.
It's a work of fiction/faith and earmarks.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#14 Oct 8, 2012
http://www.hennepin.us/portal/site/HennepinUS...

Doris, you really do need help.
James Olson

San Rafael, CA

#15 Nov 19, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't we start out with you disclosing your own sexual orientation, because if you are gay, which I highly suspect, you could not possibly remain unbiased in your findings.
Your vernacular, which includes words and expressions such as; "bigots", "unstable", "war against homosexuality", "ignorance", etc., is not the vernacular of a professional, unbiased researcher, and highly suggests that you are gay. A research paper about homosexuality authored by a homosexual carries no weight.
You even contradict yourself. You speak of "empirical evidence", which suggests experimentation and observation, then you admit that "What I have done is brought a wide range of information together and integrated it in such a way that new insights have been revealed".
So you have collated existing data and "integrated it in such a way...". Integrated in what way? A way that leads to your predetermined findings?
I see that your books have won several awards, but until your papers are endorsed by an authoratative organization such as the APA, your findings carry no more weight than a personal opinion.
I'm straight. But even if I were gay, I would do my best to avoid bias. My interest is the truth, wherever it takes me.
Your statement about my vernacular makes no sense as I have only used the vernacular you site in answering questions that use those words—I refer back to the words used in the comment. I don't use them in my paper.
And as for contradicting myself, I fail to understand your response. Part of the information I brought together was empirical evidence. Is that not simple and clear? I describe my process in terms of a jigsaw puzzle. When you have all of the horizontal words across they serve as a guide to the verticle words. I follow a somewhat similar process with ideas instead of words, but in a 3-D setting rather than 2-D. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but the process is not easy to describe. It's based on my innate brain structure, which, in Meyers-Briggs classifies me as an INTP.
PS. Last week the book won another first place national award, as it should, since my work is based on the hard work and intelligence of others, most of whom have excellent credentials.

Peace

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#16 Nov 19, 2012
bigotry, christianity and hatred is caused by no brain dominance
James Olson

San Rafael, CA

#17 Nov 19, 2012
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
bigotry, christianity and hatred is caused by no brain dominance
My research suggests that bigotry and hatred are the result of left-brain dominance that ignores the wisdom of the right brain. The left brain is energized by fear. The two brains hemispheres are unique and intended to work together. To get to peace and truth we need to use the whole brain.
As for christianity, there are two types of Christians, those that actually follow the teachings of Jesus and therefore see us all as equal, and those whose beliefs include homophobic Old Testament scriptures and a couple of homophobic New Testaments scriptures that have nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. Jesus said absolutely nothing that would cause anyone discriminate against gays.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Nov 20, 2012
Dr Rizla-Koenig wrote:
<quoted text>The APA long ago ceased being an organization devoted to pursuing scientific truth, wherever it may lead. Any 'authority' held by the APA is merely political, or more precisely, using the veneer of 'scientific' studies to promote the political agenda of homosexuals. The APA has been working for quite some time, since at least the mid-90s, to excuse, normalize, and begin advocating for the legalization of pedophilia and child molestation.
Using the same methodology as was done for the political benefit of the homosexuals.
You're an idiot, hun.

For starters, they are backed by the American Psychiatric Association, Mental Health America, the American Academy for Pediatrics, and the World Health Organization.

Second, the Rind study, which I assume you're referring to, was not intended to advocate child sexual abuse. The APA released a press statement about it, labeling CSA morally wrong and harmful in the vast majority of cases. The Rind study's findings were this: Child sexual abuse happens. Some people get over it better than others, depending on the circumstances.

And thirdly, the removal of homosexuality from the DSM was a COMPLETELY different process than the Rind study. It was removed by a majority ballot of the scientists of the APA by 58%. It is a decision that was backed by the other APA, MHA, and the WHO.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#19 Nov 20, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>

Your vernacular, which includes words and expressions such as; "bigots", "unstable", "war against homosexuality", "ignorance", etc., is not the vernacular of a professional, unbiased researcher, and highly suggests that you are gay. A research paper about homosexuality authored by a homosexual carries no weight.
I agree with your conclusion that the poster is not the person he/she claims to be. But that aside, I feel I must take issue with the portion of your post that I have brought forward. By the logic you show here, I must assume that you would question the authority of a heterosexual to do a research paper on heterosexuals. That is the only reasonable assumption to be made by your statement.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20 Nov 21, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 41 min hal 26,959
Nickelodeon cartoon reveals lesbian characters 1 hr Rick in Kansas 3
Gay couples exchange vows in Montana after ruling 1 hr Masterstechnicale... 131
Couples Who Challenged Utah's Gay Marriage Ban ... 1 hr Sir Andrew 3
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 1 hr Xstain Mullah Decree 88
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Poof1 6,115
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr Xstain Mullah Decree 3,086
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 hr NorCal Native 5,226
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,596
More from around the web