Think homosexuality is "wrong"?

Think homosexuality is "wrong"?

There are 46382 comments on the www.youtube.com story from Apr 12, 2008, titled Think homosexuality is "wrong"?. In it, www.youtube.com reports that:

This is the scene from the TV series "The West Wing"

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.youtube.com.

“My karma ran over your dogma..”

Since: Apr 08

Kansas City

#13077 May 5, 2008
Boony68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have a little too much fun ?
On the contrary. This little holiday cost me half a day of productivity, and the better half REALLY doesn't like the concept of Monday-funday.

Now Friday's blues and bbq was great. Doug MacLeod, Delta bluesman and guitarist. Great show. You know the blues guy that talks for ten minutes about a song and five minutes playing it. Very entertaining and we had a D.D.

Since: Mar 08

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13079 May 5, 2008
BLUE MnM wrote:
<quoted text>
HI boony!!... its that black lace veil thing that the women wear over their head ( haha!)
Ahhhhh I see said the blind man.:)

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13080 May 5, 2008
Reverend Alan wrote:
GOD: GOD: "For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner (1 Tim. 2:12-14, NIV)."
"...and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee (GEN> #:16)."
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man;....(1 Cor. 11:3)."
"Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man (1 Cor. 11:9)."
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife.... Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husband in every thing (Eph. 5:22-24)."
<quoted text>
ALAN: Geeze, and waste all that good paper? Do you have any idea what toilet paper cost these days?
I can get it for $1.00 a 6 pack at the dollar general and it works just fine for me.

“HERE TO STAY”

Since: Jul 07

"AXIDENTS" WILL HAPPEN!

#13081 May 5, 2008
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't feed, just click on report abuse every time this comes up. This pimple faced teenage troll will be deleted.
Oh we wish... this nut claims he knows all about topix personnel being let go for deleteing "pertinent" progaganda!... thats why Wil from Illinios wont register because he know he's be banned forever so he hides among a different name every post... The St. Loser. Homie troll is the same way.. like the Orlando one "Steve" & Genius that chaneg their ISP... they were axxed before, so the cowrds how just hide. Oh I have links that get copied & posted every day to topix.

“I do believe in Fairies...”

Since: May 08

Laramie WY

#13082 May 5, 2008
Boony68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Merry meet kele.:)
Merry Meet Boony!:)

“Respect the Great Mother”

Since: Apr 08

Lawrenceville, GA

#13083 May 5, 2008
Thank the spirits, not me. I am just here to learn, so hopefully one of these lifetimes I will transcend into the spirit realm permanently and no longer need to reincarnate. Though I am pretty sure I have many more lives to live before that happens!
Boony68 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a beautifull testemony.
Thank you for sharing it.

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13084 May 5, 2008
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
++
Anna, I know I haven't done right by some here, and definitely, I should be more aware that to fall for Christian-baiting. Also, I try to not let EGO get in the way, and if it has, then I can sincerely apologize.
However, with that said Anna, being a good and kind Christian doesn't mean being passive, and not surprising, people here have this very unrealistic view of what a Christian is supposed to be, instead of being practical. As much as a Good Christian is supposed to love God, love one another and be kind to your neighbors teaching with patience and understanding, I don't believe a Christian should be a Wimp, a Flim Flam, a Nothing, a Whipping Boy/Girl, a Like Warm bend with every wind of doctrine politically correct Christian. That kind of Christianity doesn't cut it, it is a rough and tough world that we live in and Christians ought to be fully able to stand their ground.
My God is a God of Love and Mercy, but He can bring the pain if He has to, just like all the great patriarchs did in their day, they were no push overs or sit or roll over type of guys. Early Christianity was very High and far too proud, and the Catholic Church abused its loftiness and dealt the world between 835AD and 1795AD some really staggering blows, and God raised up the Protestant reform, not to deviate from the Truth, but to 'Protest' and correct the errors if you will, of the people that corrupted the Roman Church. Now, bringing the message forward, some protestants really abused their us of the Truth and how they related it to others, and early Puritan influences showed its ugly head in that regard. Now, the Church isn't Protesting anything anymore, it has also become proud, wealthy, and lost its focus for the most part. It is taking on water, and by making several exceptions, ones that never were necessary in the past, the Church is Left-wing politically correcting itself into irrelevance and then oblivion.
Again, I apologize if I come off as a right-wing radical to you, but many of these things never used to be, and one must realize that prophecy did mention that Christians would be persecuted for their faith. In today's World, now you tread on thin ice when it comes on to religion, and interference into homosexual affairs and in speaking the Truth, especially if it relates to the Word of God. Christians who say this is the Norm and should be done are Spineless cowards and Hypocrites, so, is that judging Anna, or am I just plain and simple Honest?
The very same "sins" that you preach against have always been here. Youve just become more aware of these things. Religion, no matter what type, was never meant to be about how big and bad the practitioner is nor was it ever meant to be about how much better than others you could be.
The true intention of any religion was to make the person who chose it a better person not about using it to make others better.
When you and/or anyone else comes on any stage such as this thread and condemns others for who they are in the name of your "truth" then it becomes a perversion of whatever good your religion has.
As I have said to jesus is the only way, the difference between a good christian and a bad christian is all in what they focus on.
By focusing on us unbelievers as sinners first and formost then you automaticaly become a bad christian. Think about it. Would you rather people focus on who you are as a person or as according to your shortcommings ?

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13085 May 5, 2008
BLUE MnM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you put yourself in that position where you "couldnt turn the other cheek" from the brass knuckles... YOU ASKED FOR IT!! As you can see... many here are not going to be dictated, bullied or put down by any "Piss Elegant Christian" intrusively sentencing our eternities and insist the "bible" is the only way ... And all the
2 faced polyester business of 'OH WE LOVE THE SINNER AND HATE THE SIN" and a few posts later vulgarity???... please!!!!quit being the poor suffering martyr!!!
Very well said.

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13086 May 5, 2008
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire MnM, au contraire, God doesn't love the sin nor does He really care a whole bunch for the sinner either, it is WE Christians that should care for sinners because of the Love, Grace and Mercies of Jesus Christ. You really believe that because I say Homosexuality is a Sin that I'm hateful, talk about using words such as 'Bigot' and 'Hateful' loosely, please, next time, consult a dictionary. So, there you have it, I have nothing against you except for your unfounded criticisms of Christianity and your disrespect of God. Oh, and by the way, MnMs aren't good for you, I don't like em much either :)
Counter Terrorists Win! Twisted Truth, Half Truth, Some Truth, Slander, Spin, Mincing of Words or Exaggerations are No Truth at All.
So you choose to remain a hypocrite ? So be it.
If someone called your sexual orientation a sin or your religion a sin, how would you respond ?

“We're here! ”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13087 May 5, 2008
A Proud Girl Scout Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Tracheamalacia-trachea wasn't developed so when they breathe they squeak, and when they get an upper respitory infection it makes it hard to breath and like my son, can turn blue. It's like the trachea bein the size of a small straw opening. Even some doctors and nurses don't know what this is!
That's terible, I've never knew anyone with this type of problem. My prayers to your son. I hope that he get's better, and hopefully, that will put you and your husband in a more comfortable situation.
A Proud Girl Scout Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Its nice having a mom who is close to you! I do enjoy doing daycare, like you said, I'm there for my kids, sometimes its rough tho, like sharing my stuff with other people, and dealing with parents who don't want to pay and or trouble maker kids, but in the end I think its worth it.
With a lot of the things you've said, I think this is the most Christ like thing I've ever seen in your posts.

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13088 May 5, 2008
Nessa Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I must have misquoted you! Thank you for correcting that one :) I looked back, and I do see that you're 100% right! I like you as a person, I think you're funny, witty, and knowledgeable! So, as you may have feuds with others, you can rest assured I, although firm in my opinions, will not attack you. I will admit though, it hurts to see you say things like the Bible is all wrong and fairy tales and whatnot and that God is scornful, etc...I understand that's how you think, and that's totally your right. Please don't take this the wrong way. It's just that I'm head over heels for my Savior, it's hard for me to read through things like that. I hope you understand :) Judging by your character, I'm pretty sure you will :)
I do understand and you have nothing to be sorry about.
Its true that my beliefs about the bible and christianity are less than flattering and I apologise if that hurts your feelings but just because I have my beliefs doesnt mean that yours are any less valid. Your beliefs are just as valid for you as mine are for me and thats the way Ive always believed. Your a wonderfull person and a wonderfull messianic jew and I count myself blessed to have met you and been able to learn from you. For example, untill you said so in an earlier post, I didnt know that messianic jews had pastors.

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13090 May 5, 2008
Nessa Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Andrew, you are a doll :) If you show this respect and kindness to everyone, they would not come against you so harshly :) You've got some serious knowledge and wisdom...put that to work and sprinkle in a little of that sweet charm, and you're golden! You catch more flies with honey than vinegar :)
You might want to read some of his earlier posts.

“HERE TO STAY”

"AXIDENTS" WILL HAPPEN!

#13091 May 5, 2008
Boony68 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you choose to remain a hypocrite ? So be it.
If someone called your sexual orientation a sin or your religion a sin, how would you respond ?
yeah!!! come on Counter Strike !... Be gay!!! and Believe in God, Love God, Love your neighbor and see what its like being "thumped" to...

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13092 May 5, 2008
Mark in Caledonia MI wrote:
<quoted text>That's terible, I've never knew anyone with this type of problem. My prayers to your son. I hope that he get's better, and hopefully, that will put you and your husband in a more comfortable situation.
<quoted text>With a lot of the things you've said, I think this is the most Christ like thing I've ever seen in your posts.
She has said many christ like things in many of her posts.

“HERE TO STAY”

"AXIDENTS" WILL HAPPEN!

#13093 May 5, 2008
Boony68 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can get it for $1.00 a 6 pack at the dollar general and it works just fine for me.
geez your Dollar General is cheaper than ours up here!

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13094 May 5, 2008
Nessa Lee wrote:
Well I'm out of here for the evening. Until tomorrow, everyone :) SHALOM!!
Merry part and pleasant nightmares.:)

“HERE TO STAY”

"AXIDENTS" WILL HAPPEN!

#13095 May 5, 2008
stubbs wrote:
God forbids all homosexual acts:
Nope.. only you do... quit trying to be GOD... there's only one and it aint you!. NUT!

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13097 May 5, 2008
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's really funny and humble too. Poor Andrew and the H.M.S. Counter Strike, may she rest in peace at the bottom down in Davey Jone's locker.
Hey I was speaking to a seminarian yesterday and he had something very interesting to say about the teachings of Paul. His instructor, who is very knowledgeable in the ancient Greek texts, pointed out that Paul was talking about Jesus' faith in us more so than our faith in Jesus. I though you might find this interesting.
Peace be with you.
Merry meet lulu.:)

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13098 May 5, 2008
John wrote:
<quoted text>
God disagrees with you:
Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."
1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"
1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"
Lev 18:22-23 "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."
Lev 20:13 "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."
Gen 19:5-8 "and they called to Lot and said to him,'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations with them.' But Lot went out to them at the doorway, and shut the door behind him, and said,'Please, my brothers, do not act wickedly.'"
Your god is an evil god so I could care less what he thinks.

Mount Pleasant, TX

#13099 May 5, 2008
cece semana wrote:
it's very wrong to be gay and on top of all that its tryfflin & very gross to look at
Then dont be gay and dont watch it.
Idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 1 min NorCal Native 2,992
News Antigay Kentucky Clerk Inadvertently Married Th... 1 min trump 1
News Kentucky clerk seeks Supreme Court help to deny... 1 min Just Think 30
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 1 min NorCal Native 241
News Court: Baker who refused gay wedding cake can't... 1 min WeTheSheeple 1,103
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 1 min Pietro Armando 1,442
News Sex Abuse Charges Against HRC Co-Founder Terry ... 1 min Rocky 15
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 1 min Jimmer 305
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 25,661
More from around the web