Was a Gay Wis. GOP Activist Attacked for His Views?

Oct 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

An openly gay man who has been volunteering in the campaign for a Wisconsin Republican House candidate was beaten in his home.

Comments
21 - 40 of 42 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2012

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
This sounds more like someone thought that, him being a gay republican, it was a contradiction (I personally think so as well) of interests of the sort. Though respect for this person's freedom of thought and speech is evidently lacking, for if you don't agree with someone, you have no right to prevent them from their own rights.
This could be one of a few things:
-A republican who doesn't want a gay individual running on their side
-A gay activist who doesn't want a gay individual running with the ones against their rights
-An anti-gay individual using this as an excuse to beat up a gay individual
There are probably more possible reasons, but I can't think of any at the moment.
Sadly, I think it's a gay activist who doesn't agree with this man's choice of who to run with. Some people think it's best to get their way by simply taking the choice from others, or attempting to change another's mind through threats and violence.
Whoever did this is a horrible person.
At the risk of making myself ill, this time I agree with you.

I have always said that no one has the right to touch anyone nor their property.

The problem that I have with hate crime laws, besides that so many are bogus and this one might be , is that White straight people are not included and gives one group special treatment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Hashton Kusher wrote:
#### GAYS
Than you go against the word of God. This is a political battle NOT more than that.
We win on laws, legislation,etc but do not go beyond that.

I have been involved in politics long enough to tell you that what you are saying can influence some so don't say it.

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been involved in politics long enough to tell you that what you are saying can influence some so don't say it.
Sitting on a lawn cahur holding an tiny anerican flage dosn't qualify are being politically active neither does spamming TOPIX with your crazy accusations and fear bating.

But it's so adorable, you actually think that spamming your teabaggger "talking point" all over TOPIX is going to influence the OUT COME of this election!

God bless YOU and God bless America... except of course, the blacks, the Jews,the Muslims,the Gays, the main stream media or those dirty "libs". Amen.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

A Watcher wrote:
Or so the OHomocrats think.
Homocrat... I like that.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Hashton Kusher wrote:
*reported abuse

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Than you go against the word of God. This is a political battle NOT more than that.
We win on laws, legislation,etc but do not go beyond that.
What a wonderful political allies you have.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

*What wonderful political allies you have.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
Homocrat... I like that.
The word "Obamaniacs" is more inclusive and more accurate.

(And is a word that the President's own supporters have used and promote.(It's a synonym for "wackazoid".))
I Smell A Rat

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Sounds like just another hate crime staged by the gays to garner sympathy.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "Obamaniacs" is more inclusive and more accurate.
(And is a word that the President's own supporters have used and promote.(It's a synonym for "wackazoid".))
Nah, I like that Homocrat word a lot. I registered independent because I'm not a Democrat and I cannot trust Republicans with my rights. Unfortunately, yeah, that makes me a one-issue voter on the matter of equal rights for the LGBT community. I guess you could call me a Homocrat then.

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nah, I like that Homocrat word a lot. I registered independent because I'm not a Democrat and I cannot trust Republicans with my rights. Unfortunately, yeah, that makes me a one-issue voter on the matter of equal rights for the LGBT community. I guess you could call me a Homocrat then.
I registered Libertarian, voted for Gary Johnson for POTUS here (and in 30 other states :)) and while I am a firm supporter of equal rights for LGBT Americans, I believe that there are other issues of equal importance (such as voting The Obamaniac out of office and kicking his A$$ back to Kenya where it belongs).

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

A Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>Your other examples of racial and ethnic minorities vis-a-vis the Homocrat party are valid, however no analogies can be drawn with people who claim to engage in homosexual behavior and use it as a springboard for preferential treatment from government.
Homosexuals have no place outside the Homocrat party if all they want is to use government to 'celebrate' and affirm how queers like to have sex.
Truth be told, it's long past time for queers to get their bedrooms out of the government and especially the schools.
I think it's more like the gov't needs to get out of people's bedrooms.

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's more like the gov't needs to get out of people's bedrooms.
The gov't isn't in people's bedrooms (at least not here in People's Bushes, Arizona where I live) to the best of my knowledge. If you disagree, care to point out any examples ?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of making myself ill, this time I agree with you.
I have always said that no one has the right to touch anyone nor their property.
The problem that I have with hate crime laws, besides that so many are bogus and this one might be , is that White straight people are not included and gives one group special treatment.
Actually, white people and straight people can have hate crimes performed on them as well.
If a white or straight individual is attacked with the motive of the crime being that they are white or straight, it is a hate crime.

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, white people and straight people can have hate crimes performed on them as well.
If a white or straight individual is attacked with the motive of the crime being that they are white or straight, it is a hate crime.
I agree, but it's often not possible to prove and teh perp may say it was an attempted robbery or some other thing.

Why not just puish the overt act instead of the motivation ?

Supposing a bully beats up a smaller kid in school. Is it a "hate crime" because he beat up someone BECAUSE he was smaller than he ?

What if a Missouri Synod Lutheran beats up an ELCA Lutheran ? Same question.

etc....

Beat somebody up ? Go to jail ! Get convicted of 3 or more crimes ? Go to jail for life !

If you elect me King, I will rule with an Iron Sceptre. but ALWAYS be Fair. And Balanced.

:)
A Watcher

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

<quoted text>
Homocrat... I like that.
I even capitalized it because it is an identifiable ideology using real-world institutions.
It's a meme that should stick, because it's true.
Glad you like it.
Spread the meme.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
The gov't isn't in people's bedrooms (at least not here in People's Bushes, Arizona where I live) to the best of my knowledge. If you disagree, care to point out any examples ?
They shouldn't be making any type of law based on people's sexual orientation. I.e., gay marriage should be legal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Hey Gays,
Maybe this gay lied and none of this happened as it seems this is now the norm or perhaps it always was?

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
They shouldn't be making any type of law based on people's sexual orientation. I.e., gay marriage should be legal.
Gay marriage has nothing to do with what goes on in peoples' bedrooms. And gay marriage IS legal in many places. Where have you been ????

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
Hey Gays,
Maybe this gay lied and none of this happened as it seems this is now the norm or perhaps it always was?
I think it was a political gimmick, but I don't think the guy was none the wiser about his part in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••