Was a Gay Wis. GOP Activist Attacked for His Views?

Oct 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

An openly gay man who has been volunteering in the campaign for a Wisconsin Republican House candidate was beaten in his home.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

This sounds more like someone thought that, him being a gay republican, it was a contradiction (I personally think so as well) of interests of the sort. Though respect for this person's freedom of thought and speech is evidently lacking, for if you don't agree with someone, you have no right to prevent them from their own rights.

This could be one of a few things:
-A republican who doesn't want a gay individual running on their side
-A gay activist who doesn't want a gay individual running with the ones against their rights
-An anti-gay individual using this as an excuse to beat up a gay individual

There are probably more possible reasons, but I can't think of any at the moment.
Sadly, I think it's a gay activist who doesn't agree with this man's choice of who to run with. Some people think it's best to get their way by simply taking the choice from others, or attempting to change another's mind through threats and violence.

Whoever did this is a horrible person.
3OHY

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

The spin from The Edge and other gay propulsion enthusiasts will never reveal the much more common reality of gay on gay violence because of the gay community's prevalence to sadomasochism. It could have been simply one of the buff homosexuals beating on this guy because he refused to pseudo-hang himself, or as some of the gay Topix posters, balk at having sex with his cat.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Attacker wrote:
You should have kept your fucking mouth shut.
This actually doesn't sound like what someone would say in a politically motivated attack. It sounds more like the attacker wanted the victim to keep his secrets better.

I'll be watching for more details.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

" ... from gay liberals ..." ????

I'd say from a violent nut with impulse control problems.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
This actually doesn't sound like what someone would say in a politically motivated attack. It sounds more like the attacker wanted the victim to keep his secrets better.
I'll be watching for more details.
I'm thinking that that was in reference to posting a response to the dammage to his car on Facebook. As in he shouldn't have made a comment and shouldn't have said he'd never give in to violent demands. Though you might be right, that was my take on those words.
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Not enough information here as motive, he may have been attacked for just being out.

To the post about S&M, it is hardly prevalent in the gay community and often is more of a fashion statement than an actual fetish. While there is a leather community, part of going to a leather night is just to be around an older more masculine crowd.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

One has to wonder if this was actually an elaborate smear campaign against the Democrat. Gay republican activists are generally too few to be concerned with and I would think in Madison they would not count for much. Why bother to beat one up?

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

The Obamaniac probably ordered members of the Headcrushers Union over there.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

This is pretty odd and extreme, and it leaves me wondering if what it looks like on the surface is what it really is. I thinks it's a hate crime for sure, but by who? Some random individual? Groups like bash back might have pulled off something like this, but they usuall leave a "calling card", so to speak. Personally, I wonder if it was political gimmick by this man's employees. I mean, the circumstances surrounding it are just too in line with all the usual protestations and fear mongering rhetoric of social conservatives. It plays too nicely into the hands of a political opponent, that I wonder if somebody staged it to demonize the gay community right before the election.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Truth wrote:
To the post about S&M, it is hardly prevalent in the gay community and often is more of a fashion statement than an actual fetish. While there is a leather community, part of going to a leather night is just to be around an older more masculine crowd.
3OHY was, obviously, simply sharing his own fantasies. The posting had nothing whatever to say about this story.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear mongering rhetoric of social conservatives? Yeah, ok?
it is just a possibility, not a theory...

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

On the other hand, when I consider three possibilities,

1: a random individual
2: a left wing extremist
3: a right-wing extremist

I come to the following conclusion... A random individual is likely to have targeted a higher profile individual or group. Gay left wing extremists are rare because thy're too busy hugging trees. And, all this plays really well for right-wing politics and electing a non-gay representative. Hmm... In the absence of a suspect, detectives ideally look for incriminating evidence for those who might have a motive. Seems the most logical explanation that the right-wing pol or an affiliate decided to beat the crap out of a gay staffer to make the rest of the gay community look bad... Just saying... One thing that struck me was the vitriol of the statements made, and how closely those statements adhere to common rhetoric social conservatives use in their "they say this about even their own brethren" spiel.
Election Politics

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Democrats have always been good at keeping the minorities "in line", from blacks (KKK, Jim Crow Laws, etc), to the Indians (Trail of Tears, Prohibitions against most rights, etc) to Gays.

The Democrats won't allow any minority to wander off the plantation or reservation or nightclub without violence. They bash and condemn any minority who doesn't do as the Democrat Party says.
Richie

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

An openly gay man who has been volunteering in the campaign for a Wisconsin Republican House candidate was beaten in his home.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA !!!
A Watcher

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

It's probably just another fake anti-homosexual hate crime.
It's just what homosexuals do, regardless of their political affiliation.
For a queer to pretend to help the GOP is pretty much a suicide move.
Everything about this case smells to high heaven of fraud, because it involves someone saying they're a queer.
A Watcher

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Election Politics wrote:
Democrats have always been good at keeping the minorities "in line", from blacks (KKK, Jim Crow Laws, etc), to the Indians (Trail of Tears, Prohibitions against most rights, etc) to Gays.
The Democrats won't allow any minority to wander off the plantation or reservation or nightclub without violence. They bash and condemn any minority who doesn't do as the Democrat Party says.
Your other examples of racial and ethnic minorities vis-a-vis the Homocrat party are valid, however no analogies can be drawn with people who claim to engage in homosexual behavior and use it as a springboard for preferential treatment from government.
Homosexuals have no place outside the Homocrat party if all they want is to use government to 'celebrate' and affirm how queers like to have sex.

Truth be told, it's long past time for queers to get their bedrooms out of the government and especially the schools.
A Watcher

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Josh in New Orleans wrote:
On the other hand, when I consider three possibilities,
1: a random individual
2: a left wing extremist
3: a right-wing extremist
I come to the following conclusion... A random individual is likely to have targeted a higher profile individual or group. Gay left wing extremists are rare because thy're too busy hugging trees. And, all this plays really well for right-wing politics and electing a non-gay representative. Hmm... In the absence of a suspect, detectives ideally look for incriminating evidence for those who might have a motive. Seems the most logical explanation that the right-wing pol or an affiliate decided to beat the crap out of a gay staffer to make the rest of the gay community look bad... Just saying... One thing that struck me was the vitriol of the statements made, and how closely those statements adhere to common rhetoric social conservatives use in their "they say this about even their own brethren" spiel.
You're way-overthinking it.
The guy says he's a queer.
Runs to the media.
I think he's a bonafide queer and juiced-into the media.
All fake garbage.
This case is only instructive to the point that the media is going to continue to report on stuff about queers a week before the election because it will help Obama turn 4 more states queer.
Or so the OHomocrats think.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Cal In AZ wrote:
I was thinking just the opposite.
Donate2NOM

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Richie wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA !!!
It is pretty funny, ya gotta admit!

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Cal In AZ wrote:
I would not be shocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of42
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••