Girl comes out to parents with help from a cake

Jan 30, 2013 | Posted by: DNF | Full story: news.yahoo.com

Coming out to your parents isn't usually easy, but Tumblr user ellende-generes (real name: Laurel) did her best to make the conversation a piece of cake. Actually, make that a whole cake. Accompanying the cake was a note: good morning parents, i'm gay. i've wanted to tell you for a long time. i thought doing it this way would be a piece of cake. i hope you still love me. i mean, it's hard not to love someone who baked you a cake. all my friends know and still love me. your acceptance would be the icing on the cake. i hope you, much like this cake, are not in tiers. i hope we can look back on this and say "boy, this one really takes the cake." it gets batter. love, laurel (sorry for so many puns) The coming-out cake did the job. Laurel posted an update saying, "My mom saw it and cried of happiness. We hugged and cried together. Then, we all ate the cake and talked. I am very luck to have such supporting parents and to have so much support from you guys. Thanks everyone! Have a gay day!"
Comments
21 - 32 of 32 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#23 Jan 30, 2013
Liquorice Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
People choose to do drugs
People choose to drink
People choose to overeat
People choose to smoke
People choose to molest children
People choose to sleep with a family member
People choose to have sex with an animal
Do you realize how stupid this argument is and how sick and gd tired I am of explaining it to retards like yourself?
Well? DO YOU!!!
Do you realize how tired all of us are of explaining to you why your wife left you for another woman?

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#24 Jan 30, 2013
David Traversa wrote:
<quoted text>Boring.. and not a bit funny.. Are you SURE you weren't dropped on your head as a baby.. or something..?
Now we know why Mommy calls him her "bouncing baby boy!"

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#25 Jan 30, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it...since i'm straight.
And I'm so glad to have finally met such a purely heterosexual male that can't resist talking about gay sex more than any other guy I've known.

Well except for NoQ and Lipstick.
David Traversa

Argentina

#26 Jan 30, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it...since i'm straight.
Thank you. I just knew there must be a reason..
David Traversa

Argentina

#27 Jan 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>And I'm so glad to have finally met such a purely heterosexual male that can't resist talking about gay sex more than any other guy I've known.
Well except for NoQ and Lipstick.
Right.. Let's dub them "The Gay Adorers"..
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#28 Jan 30, 2013
David Traversa wrote:
<quoted text>Right.. Let's dub them "The Gay Adorers"..
David, I actually feel kind of sorry for you. Well, kind of sort of. You seem to be the Rodney Dangerfield of homosexuals. It seems like nobody, gay or straight, seems to give a sh!t about your posts.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#29 Jan 30, 2013
Liquorice Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
People choose to do drugs
People choose to drink
People choose to overeat
People choose to smoke
People choose to molest children
People choose to sleep with a family member
People choose to have sex with an animal
Do you realize how stupid this argument is and how sick and gd tired I am of explaining it to retards like yourself?
Well? DO YOU!!!
Here's another explanation for you moron...
People choose to be bigots
people choose to not think for themselves
people choose religion
people choose to be hateful
people choose to be judgmental
people choose to be asstrolls
People DON'T choose their sexuality!
David Traversa

Argentina

#30 Jan 30, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
David, I actually feel kind of sorry for you. Well, kind of sort of. You seem to be the Rodney Dangerfield of homosexuals. It seems like nobody, gay or straight, seems to give a sh!t about your posts.
Then why do YOU bother..? You're just a silly, pathetic fake..

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#31 Jan 31, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you do.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#32 Jan 31, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd coming from you. You are completely obsessed with gay folks, the sex you imagine they are having, and getting attention from anyone who is gay.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#33 Jan 31, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd coming from you. You are completely obsessed with gay folks, the sex you imagine they are having, and getting attention from anyone who is gay.
Four hours have elapsed Quest and no response to your post. So I thought I would respond so you won't feel like Rodney Dangerfield.
NAMBLA n Gays

Pittsfield, MA

#35 Jan 31, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it when David strays further into his "Age of consent should be lowered argument."
Telling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 5 min Cale 6
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min the real Jonah1 49,467
Residents see Europe best for gays and lesbians... 14 min TomInElPaso 28
Judge critical of states defending gay marriage... 15 min concersuxs 63
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 22 min Ethan Allen 885
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 27 min Wondering 82
Walking Dead creator hints Daryl could be gay 34 min Gremlin 31
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 38 min TomInElPaso 502
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 386
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Reverend Alan 54,845
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search