Pa. Sues To Stop Issuance Of Gay Marr...

Pa. Sues To Stop Issuance Of Gay Marriage Licenses

There are 1086 comments on the CBS Local story from Jul 30, 2013, titled Pa. Sues To Stop Issuance Of Gay Marriage Licenses. In it, CBS Local reports that:

State officials in Pennsylvania are asking a court to stop a rogue county from issuing marriage licenses to gay couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#27 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with mating? LOL
What mythology have I mentioned?
Virtually everything you claim to be "scientific" is nothing but mythology. Also no, marriage has zero to do with mating, and never has. You need to learn your history.

Here's a good starting point for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

But you'd have to actually do research to learn more details and validate the information there, and I know you hate research.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#28 Jul 31, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Virtually everything you claim to be "scientific" is nothing but mythology. Also no, marriage has zero to do with mating, and never has. You need to learn your history.
Here's a good starting point for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage
But you'd have to actually do research to learn more details and validate the information there, and I know you hate research.
Please quote where that site establishes that 'the primary basis for marriage was treaties and land until recently.'

This is the very first paragraph of your site. It's primary subject is how mating behavior is constrained by marriage;

"Marriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws.[1] The definition of marriage varies according to different cultures, but it is principally an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged. When defined broadly, marriage is considered a cultural universal. In many cultures, marriage is formalized via a wedding ceremony. In terms of legal recognition, most sovereign states and other jurisdictions limit marriage to opposite-sex couples or two persons of opposite gender in the gender binary, and a diminishing number of these permit polygyny, child marriages, and forced marriages."

And you said mating behavior has 'nothing' to do with marriage???

LOL

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#29 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no such claim.
Please provide post and quote.
Smile.
The review board did not help write it. They were peers however.

Yes, I am a lesbian trapped in a straight man's body.

I didn't absorb anything, that is purely your claim. I am a genetic chimera.

I don't remember what you are talking about regard Spitzer.

I will, God willing, keep confronting gay twirl lies and denial.

The Bible describes a day when people will call black white, and white black. You are that depiction.

post # 59
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TU9MFD710...

Busted!

Location hidden

#30 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The review board did not help write it. They were peers however.
The Bible describes a day when people will call black white, and white black. You are that depiction.
post # 59
Busted!
Just what is your point?

The word 'absorb'? I don't use it. The article did, but not the way you presented it.

Look up genetic chimera, there is plenty of info to educate yourself.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#31 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The review board did not help write it. They were peers however.
post # 59
Busted!
The review board that did the peer review were the same people that hired him!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#32 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what is your point?
The word 'absorb'? I don't use it. The article did, but not the way you presented it.
Look up genetic chimera, there is plenty of info to educate yourself.
Oh so now you're mad that I did what you said, did the research, answered you, and you don't like what I found.

Got it.

My point is you lie. Frequently. And when caught you go to great lengths to muddy the waters hoping people will forget the bunch of crap you post.

I nailed you on your claim that you had gone to bed. I posted the threads you were on and people could see and compare the times.

You then tried to wiggle out of that faux pas.

Location hidden

#33 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The review board that did the peer review were the same people that hired him!
Not true. The study was funded outside the university.

Just what do you think a peer review is?

Their opinions are printed for all to see. Do you have a specific disagreement?

Location hidden

#34 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh so now you're mad that I did what you said, did the research, answered you, and you don't like what I found.
Got it.
My point is you lie. Frequently. And when caught you go to great lengths to muddy the waters hoping people will forget the bunch of crap you post.
I nailed you on your claim that you had gone to bed. I posted the threads you were on and people could see and compare the times.
You then tried to wiggle out of that faux pas.
1. You quoted me as saying something the article said.

2. List the times.

Smile.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#35 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. The study was funded outside the university.
Just what do you think a peer review is?
Their opinions are printed for all to see. Do you have a specific disagreement?
It was FUNDED by NARTH. NARTH did the peer review.

A peer review is when people that have no biased interest in authenticating a study, review it and make a conclusion.

That didn't happen with Regenerus's study or Spitzer's.

Even Spitzer now admits it!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#36 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. List the times.
Smile.
do your own research. I gave you the posts already and the links.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#37 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. List the times.
Smile.
BTW what religion do you follow?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#38 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
2. List the times.
Smile.
NO I quoted the article you told me to find. Your twisting things again and lying.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#39 Jul 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no need to 'figure' anything.
Science has determined I am a genetic chimera. The full DNA of a male and a female. Not just that, but a hermaphrodite to top it off. Literally a lesbian trapped in a straight man.
More than a freak, a monster mutation.
Thank you for your sympathy and acceptance.
Smirk.
Right, and I don't need some freak of nature lecturing me on the effect of same-sex couples marrying.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#40 Jul 31, 2013
Chance wrote:
<quoted text>
A poll that was very likely taken only in Philadelphia, maybe Pittsburgh, too. They certainly didn't ask me. Anyone violating Pennsylvania law should be charged with a crime. That includes Kane and that rogue clerk.
I posted on many threads KY has a civil union law. I was mistaken and regret my error.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#41 Jul 31, 2013
does it really REALLY matter to those against the whole concept of single sex marriage which person they've never met nor know is marrying that other person they've never met nor know? you really want to be in those peoples' business but you refuse to even understand it. some think it's choice, some think they'll convert others to the lifestyle. get your head out yer ass & stop fearing people. they're simply something you're not..HAPPY.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#42 Jul 31, 2013
Wow, what a waste of money. It's funny, isn't it, that the party that claims to want smaller less intrusive government and less government spending is willing to authorize funding lawyers to fight for larger more intrusive government as it pertains to same sex marriage.

Tawas City, Michigan

#43 Jul 31, 2013
lides wrote:
Wow, what a waste of money. It's funny, isn't it, that the party that claims to want smaller less intrusive government and less government spending is willing to authorize funding lawyers to fight for larger more intrusive government as it pertains to same sex marriage.
At least the anti-gays in Congress have decided to stop wasting taxpayer money to defend DOMA anymore.

Of course this is more of a legal strategy to keep the next case from getting to the SCOTUS than it is some magical change of heart.

As we've seen with Prop 8, if no one defends DOMA, then the SCOTUS won't accept the next case which would likely overturn all remaining marriage bans nationwide.

They're crafty little bigots, but in the end it won't matter. There will be conflicting decisions from different appeals courts and the SCOTUS will have no choice but to accept one of them sooner or later.

I'm banking on later, but it will happen.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#44 Jul 31, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the anti-gays in Congress have decided to stop wasting taxpayer money to defend DOMA anymore.
Of course this is more of a legal strategy to keep the next case from getting to the SCOTUS than it is some magical change of heart.
As we've seen with Prop 8, if no one defends DOMA, then the SCOTUS won't accept the next case which would likely overturn all remaining marriage bans nationwide.
They're crafty little bigots, but in the end it won't matter. There will be conflicting decisions from different appeals courts and the SCOTUS will have no choice but to accept one of them sooner or later.
I'm banking on later, but it will happen.
It just depends how political the court wishes to be. The challenges are mounting in multiple jurisdictions, and ultimately the flurry of judicial activity is likely undesirable to the state and federal courts. Hopefully, there will be an outbreak of common sense, and they will deal with the issue, sooner rather than later, realizing that it isn't going to go away.

Tawas City, Michigan

#45 Jul 31, 2013
We're almost certain to get all the remaining states in the 9th circuit (HI, OR, AK, MT, ID, NV, AZ) later this year or early 2014.

The SCOTUS will likely refuse to accept any appeal.

Sometime in 2014 or 2015 we're likely to get an opposing ruling from the 6th circuit (MI, OH, TN, KY) where cases are furthest along.

That will set up the final battle royal in the SCOTUS sometime in 2016.

Location hidden

#46 Jul 31, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It just depends how political the court wishes to be. The challenges are mounting in multiple jurisdictions, and ultimately the flurry of judicial activity is likely undesirable to the state and federal courts. Hopefully, there will be an outbreak of common sense, and they will deal with the issue, sooner rather than later, realizing that it isn't going to go away.
What won't go away is that a SS couple will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage

A mating behavior defect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 21 min Fit2Serve 8,569
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 3 hr Frindly 1,176
News Trump bans transgender people from military 3 hr The Troll Stopper 373
News 2 Texas men plead guilty to hate-crime assaults... 4 hr NOM s Waffle House 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr TomInElPaso 53,867
News Catholic Church threatens to fire gay teachers ... 5 hr EMMETT TILL 28
News Alleged Discrimination Against Gay Couple by D.... 5 hr NOM s Waffle House 17
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 12 hr Tre H 588
More from around the web