Church boycotts Wal-Mart

Full story: Daily Herald 82
Pastor Carol Jacobs addresses her congregation at Trinity Family Church Wednesday night regarding the church's boycott on Wal-Mart stores because of the corporation's partnership with a homosexual business ... Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
rdg1234

Pottstown, PA

#1 Oct 29, 2006
What I think of *most* organized religion is unprintable on these boards, and I can certainly and authoritatively state that I have no more respect for it anymore. I think it makes too many people seriously sick in the head and categorically, pathologically obsessed with seriously sick, insecure, pathetic ideals that seem to be a goal *no matter the cost to fellow human beings*. Oh, did I mention yet that it's actually, genuinely sickening and, to me, makes my fellow human beings look like crying babies.
new teneessen girl

United States

#2 Oct 29, 2006
what??????????
Mel

Mickleton, NJ

#3 Oct 29, 2006
So let's look at this idiotic move. The church and it's members boycott a company because they choose to do business with homosexuals. Let's say it works. People stop shopping there....stores close...people are out of jobs....can't afford housing or food and are on the streets. Wal-mart buys less from manufacturers....those companies start laying off people and so on and so on and so on.

Isn't that exactly what Jesus would do? If people don't see that this is out of control then this country is in a sad state.
new teneessen girl

United States

#4 Oct 29, 2006
Mel wrote:
So let's look at this idiotic move. The church and it's members boycott a company because they choose to do business with homosexuals. Let's say it works. People stop shopping there....stores close...people are out of jobs....can't afford housing or food and are on the streets. Wal-mart buys less from manufacturers....those companies start laying off people and so on and so on and so on.
Isn't that exactly what Jesus would do? If people don't see that this is out of control then this country is in a sad state.
if we would shop there we would sopport the gays and thats wrong so if we didnt shop at walmart they would lose buisness and they would know why so they would fire the gays
Rikki S

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Oct 29, 2006
new teneessen girl wrote:
<quoted text>
if we would shop there we would sopport the gays and thats wrong so if we didnt shop at walmart they would lose buisness and they would know why so they would fire the gays
Gorsh, That there is some really intelligent thinkin' there new teneessen girl! I shore do wish that I'd uv thunk of that!

Get real! Get an education. Gay, lesbian, transgender is not a choice. It is not a disease that one can catch. It is a product of some screwed up hormones from the mother when in the womb! You can boycott all you want. You can deny our existence all you want, but the truth is we are real. We live among you and you don't even know it. What is it that has you so scared of our existence? You silly little petty boycotts only hurt you! I have a job that isnt threatened in the least by your boycott as do most other gay, lesbian and transgendered. Boycott and then explain to your friends and neighbors why they lost their jobs!
Mel

Mickleton, NJ

#6 Oct 29, 2006
new teneessen girl wrote:
<quoted text>
if we would shop there we would sopport the gays and thats wrong so if we didnt shop at walmart they would lose buisness and they would know why so they would fire the gays
Oh and wouldn't that be American. Someone is trying to make an honest living doing their job and they get fired because they don't live in the same fashion as you do...hmmmm can you say discrimination?
rdg1234

Pottstown, PA

#7 Oct 30, 2006
new teneessen girl wrote:
<quoted text>
if we would shop there we would sopport the gays and thats wrong so if we didnt shop at walmart they would lose buisness and they would know why so they would fire the gays
I wondered if this post was a joke.*AFTER* it was clearly *pointed out to you* that *logically*, this is *not* how the situation would play out,*you* proceeded to "stay in the comfort" of your own prejudice and *insist* that a negative outcome would accrue *solely* to homosexuals, which is *patently illogical*. In fact, what was *omitted* in the previous posts -- on no "deliberate" part of those far more sensible -- was that the boycott probably *will* have little effect, as *many* people will recognize this group for their *true* intentions.
new teneessen girl

United States

#8 Oct 30, 2006
Rikki S wrote:
<quoted text>
Gorsh, That there is some really intelligent thinkin' there new teneessen girl! I shore do wish that I'd uv thunk of that!
Get real! Get an education. Gay, lesbian, transgender is not a choice. It is not a disease that one can catch. It is a product of some screwed up hormones from the mother when in the womb! You can boycott all you want. You can deny our existence all you want, but the truth is we are real. We live among you and you don't even know it. What is it that has you so scared of our existence? You silly little petty boycotts only hurt you! I have a job that isnt threatened in the least by your boycott as do most other gay, lesbian and transgendered. Boycott and then explain to your friends and neighbors why they lost their jobs!
ok i stand up 4 what i want to so back off loser
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#9 Oct 30, 2006
Let the homophobes boycott Wal-Mart. Just exactly where do they think they are going to shop? The vast majority of Fortune 500 companies have gay-friendly policies. Almost every major oil company is gay-friendly, as are all major airlines.(Guess those homophobes are going to sit at home a lot!) Exelon/ComEd, which supplies electrity in my state, is very gay-friendly; homophobes in my area are going to have boycott their electrical appliances. It is laughable that in this day and age, some hatemongers are still threatening to boycott businesses over adopting policies of fairness and equality.
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#10 Oct 30, 2006
Target has a strong anti-discrimination policy which includes sexual orientation as a protected category. Sears has an in-house organization for gay and lesbian employees and celebrates GLBT Pride Week. K-Mart contributes to the Human Rights Campaign. Where, oh, where is a homophobe to shop??
new teneessen girl

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2006
THEAprof wrote:
Let the homophobes boycott Wal-Mart. Just exactly where do they think they are going to shop? The vast majority of Fortune 500 companies have gay-friendly policies. Almost every major oil company is gay-friendly, as are all major airlines.(Guess those homophobes are going to sit at home a lot!) Exelon/ComEd, which supplies electrity in my state, is very gay-friendly; homophobes in my area are going to have boycott their electrical appliances. It is laughable that in this day and age, some hatemongers are still threatening to boycott businesses over adopting policies of fairness and equality.
no there hirering the gays and giving them married couples rights
THEAprof

Plainfield, IL

#12 Oct 30, 2006
To what or whom are you referring? Posting coherent and grammatically-correct messages would help.
new teneessen girl wrote:
<quoted text>
no there hirering the gays and giving them married couples rights
rdg1234

Pottstown, PA

#13 Oct 31, 2006
new teneessen girl wrote:
<quoted text>
no there hirering the gays and giving them married couples rights
So you deliberately *support* disenfranchising others and *robbing* them of equality. Oh, ok.
TN girl with a CLUE

Nashville, TN

#14 Oct 31, 2006
Please don't post ridiculous messages that make all of us Tennesseans sound like uneducated idiots! oh and btw it is said that homophobes are just suppressing their own homosexual desires. I just wanted to let you know its okay you can come out of the closet now.
TN girl with a CLUE

Nashville, TN

#15 Oct 31, 2006
Oh and learn how to spell...Its Tennessee!
Mel

Berkeley Heights, NJ

#16 Oct 31, 2006
TN girl with a CLUE wrote:
Please don't post ridiculous messages that make all of us Tennesseans sound like uneducated idiots! oh and btw it is said that homophobes are just suppressing their own homosexual desires. I just wanted to let you know its okay you can come out of the closet now.
We have our share of idiots here in NJ...don't sweat the small stuff :)
rdg1234

Pottstown, PA

#17 Oct 31, 2006
I think southern people are elegant and intelligent, but when they *are* prejudiced, they are the *worst*.
Rikki S

Florence, CO

#18 Oct 31, 2006
new teneessen girl wrote:
<quoted text>
ok i stand up 4 what i want to so back off loser
OOOOHHHHH!! I must have really upset you! So sad! It is so ridiculous to think that the old days of KKK type hatred and boycotting can work today. I bet that you do lots of business with gay, lesbian and transgender people and don't even know it. I know that if you came to my place of business, you would not know that I lived my first 51 years on this earth as male and am now female! Kinda scary isn't it??
Tim

Burlingame, CA

#19 Nov 1, 2006
So are all the companies that are considered gay friendly in Theaprof's post. The term we homosexuals use to describe the firms that hire us and give us "married couples rights" include as stated previously, Target, Kmart, Sears, Ford, most Fortune 500 companines, most major oil companies, Kraft, Disney, all of the major TV networks. See, if you want to boycott companies that treat all of their employees equally, you will end up with very few choices in life. Good for you for standing up for your beliefs. I am glad also that I won't have to encounter people like you when I shop at these places. It makes life for homosexuals so much easier when you and people like you stay home in your closet where you feel safe.
new teneessen girl wrote:
<quoted text>
no there hirering the gays and giving them married couples rights
rdg1234

Pottstown, PA

#20 Nov 1, 2006
Those bigots are seriously panicking and becoming ridiculous because now that blacks have equality (in theory), and gay rights are expanding and expanding, all they can do is claw at the walls of their own self-imposed world and scream all day long about it.

So glad I'm not them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 7 min Vitez 1,959
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 31 min KiMare 473
Has Gaga Lost the Gays? 1 hr Big mike 8
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 2 hr Pro Ukraine 1,455
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr Fa-Foxy 139
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,883
Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer sold to Russians! 3 hr Poof1 9
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 5 hr SHIRLEY 55,985
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 5 hr SHIRLEY 1,214
Biggest Gay Lies 6 hr OLD SARGE 2,029
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••