'Pro-Family' Group Wants To Keep Gay Couples Out Of Arlington National Cemetery

Feb 13, 2013 Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com 7

A "pro-family" group is up in arms over the fact that gay military couples might be buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

Full Story
David Traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#1 Feb 13, 2013
Hard to believe there still exist such sick , ridiculous people .. I suppose they fear the dead will feel uncomfortable and might ask to be moved to a better neighborhood .. And this in the twenty first century and after thousands of years of civilization .. Grotesque !!!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2 Feb 13, 2013
God love the American (heterosexuals only dammit) Family Association, they actually wonder why anyone would call them a hate group.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Feb 14, 2013
My husband & I will BOTH be buried at Arlington and their ain't SH!T the AFA can do about it.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#5 Feb 14, 2013
I was mentored when I first came out by an older gay couple. Well, they weren't all that old, but I was only 18 when I met them, so they seemed old. They were both veterans of WWII, one Navy, one Army. They both died in their 80's, and had been together since high school, with a break for the war. They were together for over 60 years, minus that 5 year break. They are both buried, side by side, in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery. I visit their graves twice a year. They were not activists, but they set an example that would be hard to beat. If there is an afterlife, I believe that their union will be eternal.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#6 Feb 14, 2013
I suppose some of these people still can't get over the fact that black people (e. g., Thurgood Marhsall) are buried there.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Feb 14, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully by then, you FAGG@TS will be buried at the county dump.
What's hilarious is WE are qualified to be buried at Arlington or any other national military cemetery, while YOU are not!

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Feb 14, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You really wouldn't know would you?
I know you never served in the military.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The sexuality pay gap: Lesbians earn 8% more th... 3 min Wimyum 3
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 4 min KARLA 68,497
Sugarland, promoter settle with state fair victims 13 min Fa-Foxy 14
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 21 min Static Charge 26,690
Longtime couple push gay marriage case in France (Jan '11) 27 min Rick in Kansas 32
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 29 min Rick in Kansas 5,455
US Supreme Court Won't Stop Gay Marriages ... 39 min Rainbow Cupid 3
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 1 hr Pietro Armando 4,998
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 1 hr NorCal Native 1,215
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 2 hr KiMare 2,835
More from around the web