Christians Need To Face It: We're All...

Christians Need To Face It: We're All Gay

There are 17 comments on the Switched story from Jun 15, 2013, titled Christians Need To Face It: We're All Gay. In it, Switched reports that:

I was disappointed, although not entirely surprised, when the Southern Baptist Convention resolved to withdraw its support of the Boy Scouts because of their recent affirmation of the inclusion of children regardless of their sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Switched.

World Creator

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jul 3, 2013
No. We are not all gay. Maybe YOU are.
World Creator

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 3, 2013
Fortunately the Baptist know what is right!
Mallard

United States

#3 Jul 6, 2013
It's amazing. People will say and believe anything.
But they will not believe that which they need to:
"except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish".

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 6, 2013
World Creator wrote:
GOD ORDERS A MAN TO PURCHASE HIS WIFE: "The Lord said to me,'Go show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adultress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods.... So I brought her for 15 shekels of silver and about a homer and a half of barley. Then I told her,'You are to live with me many days...." (Hosea 3:1-3).

Buying a wife is right, two men loving one another is wrong. You Christians are really retarded.

Location hidden

#5 Jul 6, 2013
Mallard wrote:
Practice what you preach!

Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."

Jesus guarantees that if two agree to have gay sex with one another his father accepts it. This is something YOU need to believe.
Mallard

United States

#6 Jul 6, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Practice what you preach!
Matt. 18:19-20,[GW] "I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it."
Jesus guarantees that if two agree to have gay sex with one another his father accepts it. This is something YOU need to believe.
Is it completely lost on you that Jesus says "two of you" ???????

Two of WHOM, may I ask?
(I will.)

No God does not approve of gang rape, burglary, and burning live kittens just because two or more people were involved, and agreed to do it.

"Two of you" who are God's born again, blood bought children is a different matter. Agree in prayer, and TWO OF YOU can move God we are told.

I do not know or care what "GW" stands for, but I am sure you selected your Bible version carefully. It does read a little differently in the King James, and the meaning is certainly clearer:

"..if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
(Matt 18:19-20)

I see you have the atheists' talking-points website bookmarked. You speak of dowries now. Soon I expect we'll read about shellfish and mixed-material clothing.

Are you a real atheist? Or are you one of those Wiccans or Satanists who LIES, pretending to be an atheist?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 6, 2013
World Creator wrote:
Pushing children away from activities that are good for them? Denying children god's love? Teaching young boys that religion is based on irrational hate of natural characteristics?

Location hidden

#8 Jul 6, 2013
Mallard wrote:
What are the children repenting of, exactly?

Location hidden

#9 Jul 6, 2013
Mallard wrote:
<quoted text> ..
"..if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
So, when gay Christians gather, God is in their midst? Then why do so many churches try to drive them out?
Wallace

Anonymous Proxy

#11 Jul 6, 2013
Who in their right mind would support the Boy Scouts now that they condone homosexual perversion?

Think of the message they are sending to boys now - that it's ok, acceptable and normal to suck each others d!cks and stick their d!cks up each others asses.
Mallard

United States

#12 Jul 6, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the children repenting of, exactly?
It's the adults spreading their homoganda that need to repent. Children, while born with an inherent sin nature, are far more innocent than adults are. Quit trying to give them something to repent of. Leave their innocence alone, and let it remain for as long as possible.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching young boys that religion is based on irrational hate of natural characteristics?
It isn't irrational.
It isn't hate.
Homosexuality does not consist of "natural characteristics".
God is the lawgiver and judge - not you.
You are the lawbreakers. Quit advocating putting children in harm's way. Christ pronounces a stern warning on this. His sentences are eternal.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when gay Christians gather, God is in their midst? Then why do so many churches try to drive them out?
Because those churches know "gay Christian" is an oxymoron. Those who say differently are not even churches. They are just organizations which wrongfully appropriate the name.
Gays can be saved. But salvation means God's Spirit indwells you - and gives you the ability to repent.

And non-gays can be damned. Many are.
Homosexuality is not the only sexual sin that separates people from God. It's just the only one that appears to have lobbying powers advocating for and demanding societal approbation.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 8, 2013
Mallard wrote:
<quoted text> Is it completely lost on you that Jesus says "two of you" ???????
Two of WHOM, may I ask?
(I will.)
"Two of you" who are God's born again, blood bought children is a different matter. Agree in prayer, and TWO OF YOU can move God we are told.
You can add words to the text to make it say anything you want. The verse does not say what you wish it said. You apologists make me sick.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 8, 2013
Mallard wrote:
<quoted text>
No God does not approve of gang rape, burglary, and burning live kittens just because two or more people were involved, and agreed to do it.
Who cares what God approves of or not. Jesus promises if two agree on anything God accepts it. Maybe Jesus should not have been such an idiot to been so careless.

Just because it does not say what you wished it said do not mean it doesn't say what it says. It says what it says.

Your apologetic dog and pony show is not going to save the verse.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 8, 2013
Mallard wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know or care what "GW" stands for, but I am sure you selected your Bible version carefully.?
There are 233 English translations/versions in existence. The GW is God's Word. Certainly you pathetic apologists do the "version hop" often enough that you should know this. Your biblical ignorance astounds me.

1 SAM. 6:19

("But God smote of the men of Beth-shemesh...50,070.... "--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT)

versus

("...he slew 70 men of them"--RS, LB, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NI) versus ("the Lord smote 5,070 men of the people"--LV).

Whether God killed 70 people or over 50,000 for a relatively innocuous act bears directly on the biblical teaching in Deut. 32:4, Psalm 9:8, etc. that God is just and righteous. Apparently this troubles scholars and accounts for the dramatic reduction in numbers in many recent translations.

Location hidden

#16 Jul 8, 2013
Mallard wrote:
<quoted text> It does read a little differently in the King James, and the meaning is certainly clearer:
You are using your personal opinion and claiming it is fact. You apologists are truly despicable.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 8, 2013
Wallace wrote:
Who in their right mind would support the Boy Scouts now that they condone homosexual perversion?
Think of the message they are sending to boys now - that it's ok, acceptable and normal to suck each others d!cks and stick their d!cks up each others asses.
That is all normal behaviour. The Scouts are evolving and trying to catch up with the real world. Old dinosaurs like yourself will soon die off and be replaced with people who grew up with gay people and find it completely normal, different yes, but normal and acceptable. You bigots can't die off soon enough to suit me.
Mallard

Smartt, TN

#18 Jul 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares what God approves of or not.
"Who cares what God approves of or not"

Do you even realize what you have said? The answer to your rhetorical question is that I care, and many others do also. But these are YOUR WORDS:

"Who cares what God approves of or not"??????

And one day you will look up and see a Great White Throne. And the books will be opened. Imagine the sheer terror - the knocking of your knees and the chattering of your teeth - as your own words are read for all to hear:

Matthew 12:36 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus promises if two agree on anything God accepts it. Maybe Jesus should not have been such an idiot to been so careless.
The "careless idiot" - is it JESUS or YOU????

We know the answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 3 min Rosa_Winkel 582
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 6 min OK Barry 894
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 28 min WasteWater 9
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 34 min Tequila 374
News Drag queens raise holy hell in Jerusalem's only... 40 min rampart 3
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 42 min WasteWater 12,948
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr TomInElPaso 37,239
News Man Accused Of Firing Paintballs At Stockton Ga... 2 hr Uncle Festus 47
More from around the web