The Panic Over Whether Religion Is 'E...

The Panic Over Whether Religion Is 'Even Legal'

There are 158 comments on the Religion Dispatched story from Dec 13, 2013, titled The Panic Over Whether Religion Is 'Even Legal'. In it, Religion Dispatched reports that:

There's a new ripple of panic this week about religious freedom. In the National Review , Kathryn Jean Lopez, reacting to the American Civil Liberties Union's lawsuit against the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, asks : "Is religion even legal?" Lopez worries that the lawsuit , which seeks to hold the USCCB liable for providing substandard medical ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Religion Dispatched.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1 Dec 13, 2013
Thought I'd toss this one out here and see what happens.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#2 Dec 13, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Thought I'd toss this one out here and see what happens.
the Lopez chick is off her crucifix...

she needs to realize that when you play in the real world, you have to play by real world rules..

keep your cult bullshit in your tax subsidized houses of worship...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#3 Dec 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the Lopez chick is off her crucifix...
she needs to realize that when you play in the real world, you have to play by real world rules..
keep your cult bullshit in your tax subsidized houses of worship...
Hi :)

Am I stalking you?

PROVE it ...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#5 Dec 13, 2013
:)
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Dec 13, 2013
The anti-religion, homosexual leadership of the German Reich found ways to have their jurisprudence lackeys and legislative drones enact laws diminishing human individual and religious rights, too. Once a dumbed-down populace allows atheists, pagans, homosexuals and other deviant sub-minorities to control the society, those minorities will attempt to validate their deviance and inhuman ideas by making laws and rulings to support those twisted and damaging ideas.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#7 Dec 14, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The anti-religion...
Since you, yourself, would be representative of a society as dumbed down as it could possibly ever get and still considered a society, another hysterical, hyperbolic theory goes out the window.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#8 Dec 14, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The anti-religion, homosexual leadership of the German Reich found ways to have their jurisprudence lackeys and legislative drones enact laws diminishing human individual and religious rights, too. Once a dumbed-down populace allows atheists, pagans, homosexuals and other deviant sub-minorities to control the society, those minorities will attempt to validate their deviance and inhuman ideas by making laws and rulings to support those twisted and damaging ideas.
in fact, the further a society today gets from religious cults, the better off they are. look at the least religious developed nations today, they have the happiest, healthiest people, they have the best educated kids and the highest standards of living...

time to keep these ancient forms of thinking in their tax subsidized churches , mosques, and temples where they belong...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#9 Dec 14, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The anti-religion, homosexual leadership of the German Reich found ways to have their jurisprudence lackeys and legislative drones enact laws diminishing human individual and religious rights, too........
As long as religious rights aren't given precedence over individual rights, there's no problem.

When that balance tips, expect a fight.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#10 Dec 14, 2013
The problem isn't with religious freedom, it's with those that don't like it.
It's part of society, get over it. It's also protected by the 1st amendment.

Everyone has an alternative. If Catholic hospitals won't provide abortions, go to one that will. If Catholic churches won't do gay weddings, go to one that will. Easy. Choice is always better.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#11 Dec 14, 2013
Wondering wrote:
The problem isn't with religious freedom, it's with those that don't like it.
It's part of society, get over it. It's also protected by the 1st amendment.
Everyone has an alternative. If Catholic hospitals won't provide abortions, go to one that will. If Catholic churches won't do gay weddings, go to one that will. Easy. Choice is always better.
no, the problem is with religious cults pushing their beliefs into the public sector. keep it in your tax subsidized churches where i belongs.
Cat74

Oswego, IL

#12 Dec 14, 2013
Damn that pesky Constitution, always getting in the way of Democrats trying to force their need for Abortions on the whole country. We still have freedom of religion, and we can have places to kill the unborn, and places that won't take part. I would much rather go to a Catholic Hospital where they respect life, including mine, then some Godless hospital that would just as soon kill their patients as not. This broad should just go to the County Hospital where she will feel more comfortable. I want this to go to the Supreme Court so we can finish it once, and for all.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#13 Dec 14, 2013
Religion is legal and everyone is free o there religion. BUT KEEP RELIGION OUT OF LAW AND OUT OF GOVERNMENT LIKE THE CONSTITUTION SAYS.
Cat74

Oswego, IL

#14 Dec 14, 2013
There should be no law that allows us to kill the unborn child unless the life of the mother is threatened. To kill for the thrill is what led to the killings in our major cities where they use each other for target practice every weekend

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#15 Dec 14, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Damn that pesky Constitution, always getting in the way of Democrats trying to force their need for Abortions on the whole country. We still have freedom of religion, and we can have places to kill the unborn, and places that won't take part. I would much rather go to a Catholic Hospital where they respect life, including mine, then some Godless hospital that would just as soon kill their patients as not. This broad should just go to the County Hospital where she will feel more comfortable. I want this to go to the Supreme Court so we can finish it once, and for all.
just as many republicans have abortions as democrats.
why can't you see what is happening in the real world, kitten?
Tax the Churches

Alpharetta, GA

#16 Dec 14, 2013
Enough is enough
.
Religion will have to stop practicing hate discrimination or start packing
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#17 Dec 14, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
There should be no law that allows us to kill the unborn child unless the life of the mother is threatened. To kill for the thrill is what led to the killings in our major cities where they use each other for target practice every weekend
UNBORN,,,,,get that not alive yet....No one has abortion for a thrill. Anway FREEDOM is great. If you don't like FREEDOM,maybe move to Iran you would fit right in.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#18 Dec 14, 2013
Tax the Churches wrote:
Enough is enough
.
Religion will have to stop practicing hate discrimination or start packing
True....If enough people get sick of the hate and bigotry the religious are spewing they will rise up and CRUSH the religious. Back off FUNDIES or face destruction.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#19 Dec 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the problem is with religious cults pushing their beliefs into the public sector. keep it in your tax subsidized churches where i belongs.
That's what gays are doing. Keep it in your closets.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#20 Dec 14, 2013
Tax the Churches wrote:
Enough is enough
.
Religion will have to stop practicing hate discrimination or start packing
the religious cults will just change the word of their god...again...

they are businesses and will look out for their best interest. not the best interest of their cult members, we have seen that proven time and time again over the centuries and even in today's world...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#21 Dec 14, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
UNBORN,,,,,get that not alive yet....
Every time I think you can't get any dumber you prove me wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Austin Loses 'A Safe Space for Gay Men to Go Ha... 32 min Frankie Rizzo 26
News All gay and bisexual men should get meningitis ... 54 min Sheldon 9
Looking for excitement in 79701 zip code 1 hr Christy 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 38,664
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 1 hr TerriB1 238
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 2 hr Rocky 436
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr who cares 15,038
More from around the web