Lawmaker Calls LGBTs 'Intolerant,' Le...

Lawmaker Calls LGBTs 'Intolerant,' Legislators Laugh

There are 8 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 14, 2014, titled Lawmaker Calls LGBTs 'Intolerant,' Legislators Laugh. In it, EDGE reports that:

A conservative Indiana lawmaker sent the House Judiciary Committee into fits of paroxysm when he accused those of supporting marriage equality "intolerant."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

david traversa

Argentina

#1 Jan 14, 2014
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the idiot didn't know the difference between tolerant and in........ ; lack of brains being a prerequisite in the making of a bigot ..
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jan 14, 2014
He looks like David Letterman's mother.

Although I am sure she is a much better person.

But he gets more laughs than she does....

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 Jan 14, 2014
Even 10 years ago, Bopp's style of forked-tongue double-speak would have been quietly tolerated, if not tacitly endorsed. To think that such nonsense is now being greeted with the open derision it so richly deserves shows that a dramatic and positive shift has taken place in the American consciousness. Excellent.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 14, 2014
Being laughed AT in a House Committee meeting is no small thing.

A real case of PADD ... Political Acumen Deficit Disorder.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#5 Jan 14, 2014
david traversa wrote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the idiot didn't know the difference between tolerant and in........ ; lack of brains being a prerequisite in the making of a bigot ..
This reminds me of one of ours from Florida. When she read about animal husbandry she thought it was about bestiality!
Funny thing is her stupidity caused Florida to FINALLY ban sex with animals (several years AFTER they banned two men or two women from being able to marry).
It's a sign of the times when lawmakers start laughing openly at the bigots.
And for him to say WE are intolerant while he supports a law that would jail ministers for practicing their faith is the height of hypocrisy.
I originally came up with this as a response for Kimare but it fits Jim Bopp so well.
The Definition of being Two- Faced.
When the two cheeks you show people are squeezing out a smile, while the two cheeks people experience are the ones squeezing out a load of crap.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#6 Jan 14, 2014
snyper wrote:
Being laughed AT in a House Committee meeting is no small thing.
A real case of PADD ... Political Acumen Deficit Disorder.
Love it.
david traversa

Argentina

#7 Jan 15, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>This reminds me of one of ours from Florida. When she read about animal husbandry she thought it was about bestiality!
Funny thing is her stupidity caused Florida to FINALLY ban sex with animals (several years AFTER they banned two men or two women from being able to marry).
It's a sign of the times when lawmakers start laughing openly at the bigots.
And for him to say WE are intolerant while he supports a law that would jail ministers for practicing their faith is the height of hypocrisy.
I originally came up with this as a response for Kimare but it fits Jim Bopp so well.
The Definition of being Two- Faced.
When the two cheeks you show people are squeezing out a smile, while the two cheeks people experience are the ones squeezing out a load of crap.
Just so , tiger ..
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#8 Jan 15, 2014
This speaks volumes about the IQ of the average homophobe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Masturbation, sharing beds lead to homosexualit... 2 min Marcavage s Trick 5
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 10 min Wondering 139
News Gay couple, devout baker take cake fight to hig... 13 min Wondering 99
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min positronium 14,970
News Kentucky Baptists issue threat regarding hiring... 48 min white n blue 7
Jade's Pickled Pig Peckers 51 min Jade NE 1
News Trump Renominates Lesbian to EEOC, and the Righ... 53 min inbred Genius 12
News Ten Commandments judge faces runoff in Alabama ... 56 min Tin Foil 362
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr June VanDerMark 58,465
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 14 hr GodSmacked 26,930
More from around the web