Former Marine waitress denied tip for...

Former Marine waitress denied tip for lesbian 'lifestyle'

There are 3 comments on the WFTV Orlando story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Former Marine waitress denied tip for lesbian 'lifestyle'. In it, WFTV Orlando reports that:

Donations are pouring in for a New Jersey waitress and Marine Corps veteran after she received an insulting note in place of a tip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFTV Orlando.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Nov 17, 2013
Does anyone here remember the murder of Kitty Genovese ?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 17, 2013
fr Fa-Foxy:

>Does anyone here remember the murder of Kitty Genovese?<

I know of it. I know it happened in 1964; I was 8 at the time. The fact that NOBODY tried to help is despicable.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Nov 17, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Fa-Foxy:
>Does anyone here remember the murder of Kitty Genovese?<
I know of it. I know it happened in 1964; I was 8 at the time. The fact that NOBODY tried to help is despicable.
Recently her murderer and rapist, was up for parole, and once again it was denied. I was also 8 years old at the time of her murder, and really didn't know anything much about it, except the bare outlines of the story, until one of my junior high school teachers taught about the murder, and onlookers' inaction, about 7 years after the fact.

While reading the article about her rapist and killer being denied parole again, I learned for the first time that Kitty Genovese was an out lesbian and lived with her girlfriend at the time of her murder. And I found an mp3 on the web of an interview with her girlfriend about the murder.

As I just learned this recently, and the interview with her girlfriend took place decades after the murder, and considering it was the early 60's, I surmise that the press covered up the fact that she was a lesbian and was living with her girlfriend.

I hope her murderer NEVER gets out of prison.

You can find the interview in mp3 format here: http://soundportraits.org/on-air/remembering_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 min cpeter1313 51,482
News Gay pride parades sound a note of resistance _ ... 19 min Lawrence Wolf 16
News Supreme Court sides with same-sex couples in Ar... 28 min Gremlin 15
News Serbia gays say election of gay PM to be historic 32 min Gremlin 4
News Support for gay marriage surges, even among gro... 34 min Gremlin 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 39 min No Surprise 6,886
News California AG bans state travel to Texas, 3 oth... 42 min Gremlin 93
News Supreme Court to decide whether a Colorado bake... 1 hr Truth 44
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 69,552
Great Gays in History 3 hr Gay Learning Channel 1
More from around the web