Ky. Baptist church ordains openly gay man

May 29, 2012 Full story: WAVE-TV Louisville 235

An eastern Louisville Baptist church has ordained an openly gay man as a minister with unanimous support from church members.

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#1 May 29, 2012
WOO-HOO !

:)

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2 May 29, 2012
Congratulations, Bojangles! Sort of makes you want to sing and dance...

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#3 May 29, 2012
Revelations

United States

#4 May 29, 2012
Being openly gay preacher, I mean if he is struggling with this feeling of being gay or he embraced it is two different things, however to be a minister of gods word as Paul said, ''YOU MUST RESIST SIN.'' welcome to the days of Noah
Rory

Lacon, IL

#6 May 29, 2012
No truly Christian church can affirm what God condemns:

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#7 May 29, 2012
Rory wrote:
No truly Christian church can affirm what God condemns:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9(NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Jude 1:6-7 (NASB)- And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day, just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.
Why do you keep changing your name? The Sybil factor, again?

Why don't you have a job?
Revelations

United States

#8 May 29, 2012
pretty plain to me

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9 May 29, 2012
Oh dear! Now we have dueling Phelpses !
Revelations

United States

#10 May 29, 2012
the whole point of being baptised is for the transformation of your spirit to do gods will, and to ''die to yourself daily'' so openly gay preacher is not right, he must deny himself.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 May 29, 2012
Revelations wrote:
the whole point of being baptised is for the transformation of your spirit to do gods will, and to ''die to yourself daily'' so openly gay preacher is not right, he must deny himself.
Only if Saul the heretic was correct in his assessments, and our understanding of his thoughts is also correct.

There is a lot of scholarship that says otherwise.

"My Father's house has many mansions".

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#12 May 29, 2012
--The-Mayor-- wrote:
Thank God for Topeka, KS...they aint got no queer Preachers in their Churchs.
Fred Phelps for President in 2012!!!
Hopefully that old coot will be dead and buried soon enough. The snake will die when its head is cut off, for that heinous hideous daughter won't be able to hold it together for a week. Fred may be vile, but at least he has some creepy charisma. Shirley is as charismatic as an asshole, but she's uglier and probably smells worse.

And, Cletus, it's spelled CHURCHES, not the ignorant way you scrawled it up there.

Sigh, why are you pretty ones always so DUMB?
Revelations

United States

#13 May 29, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if Saul the heretic was correct in his assessments, and our understanding of his thoughts is also correct.
There is a lot of scholarship that says otherwise.
"My Father's house has many mansions".
so you really think the ''many mansions'' means you can blatantly ignore gods command and be gay and still get eternal life? Many mansions obviously refers to ''it has enough room for all who have faith AND do the will of the father.'' dont twist scripture to fit human desires and beliefs....homosexuality is wrong, and you will be judged according to the word. Dont be ignorant.
Niall

Lacon, IL

#14 May 29, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if Saul the heretic was correct in his assessments, and our understanding of his thoughts is also correct.
There is a lot of scholarship that says otherwise.
"My Father's house has many mansions".
The Apostle Paul was no heretic.

You are.
John E

Geneseo, NY

#15 May 29, 2012
Rory wrote:
No truly Christian church can affirm what God condemns:
Leviticus 18:22 - You are all loved by God. Each and everyone one of his children is loved unconditionally
You left out the "cruel lie" part again. You're slipping.
John E

Geneseo, NY

#16 May 29, 2012
Niall wrote:
<quoted text>The Apostle Paul was no heretic.
You are.
The "bible" was written by man and does not dictate law in a secular society. The only worthwhile phrase from it is "love thy neighbor as thyself" which none of you crack pots seem to endorse or repeat over and over again.
John E

Geneseo, NY

#17 May 29, 2012
Revelations wrote:
the whole point of being baptised is for the transformation of your spirit to do gods will, and to ''die to yourself daily'' so openly gay preacher is not right, he must deny himself.


And a magical elf comes out and looks for his lucky charms. Only to fall in love with the first fairie he sees.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19 May 29, 2012
Revelations wrote:
<quoted text> so you really think the ''many mansions'' means you can blatantly ignore gods command and be gay and still get eternal life? Many mansions obviously refers to ''it has enough room for all who have faith AND do the will of the father.'' dont twist scripture to fit human desires and beliefs....homosexuality is wrong, and you will be judged according to the word. Dont be ignorant.
I can't agree with most of what you've written there. Your definitions are so different.

For example, you seem to have conflated "eternal life" with "immortality in heaven".

They are not the same.

Further, Yeshua is recorded as teaching the criteria by which we shall be judged. Do you remember what those are?

My take is that YOU are ignorant by your own definition, hypocrite.

You don't actually know what you think you know. Parroting a tradition is not the same as know the roots of that tradition. Neither does it equate to an active capacity to extrapolate principles.

Saul was a plagiarist of Plato and the Stoics. He did not credit them in his writings. Worse, he taught them as though they were prophetic utterance. These are acts of deception.

Saul lacks credibility on so many levels.
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

#20 May 29, 2012
I hope that church is constructed of stone or brick and not wood....

Still, the ordination blows a few stereotypes I have rattling around in my mind away.
Mormon Dead Jew Baptisms

Souderton, PA

#21 May 29, 2012
Rory wrote:
No truly Christian....
No, not the jelly kind of "Ky." You misunderstood. There's nothing of real interest to you here.
Morton

Lacon, IL

#22 May 29, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't agree with most of what you've written there. Your definitions are so different.
For example, you seem to have conflated "eternal life" with "immortality in heaven".
They are not the same.
Further, Yeshua is recorded as teaching the criteria by which we shall be judged. Do you remember what those are?
My take is that YOU are ignorant by your own definition, hypocrite.
You don't actually know what you think you know. Parroting a tradition is not the same as know the roots of that tradition. Neither does it equate to an active capacity to extrapolate principles.
Saul was a plagiarist of Plato and the Stoics. He did not credit them in his writings. Worse, he taught them as though they were prophetic utterance. These are acts of deception.
Saul lacks credibility on so many levels.
Your ridiculous fiction has positively nothing to do with the Bible or anything Christian.

Have you ever even read the Bible?

No Christian discounts the Epistles of Paul, which most scholars consider to be closest to Jesus chronologically. They form a majority of the New Testament and are fully authorized by all Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ACLU sues to allow gay club in Indiana school 4 min moe 43
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 54 min NorCal Native 5,169
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 1 hr NorCal Native 21
Join the Best Bisexual Dating Site and Date Bis... 1 hr Bisexual support 1
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr Rick in Kansas 3,021
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr WasteWater 26,904
New Blood Donation Rules Would Still Exclude Ma... 1 hr Otter in the Ozarks 10
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr KiMerde 6,076
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 hr Poopdeck Pappy 68,588
More from around the web