Gay marriage fight unlikely to disapp...

Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon

There are 344 comments on the Daily Reporter story from May 25, 2014, titled Gay marriage fight unlikely to disappear soon. In it, Daily Reporter reports that:

The most recent battle is being played out inside the Republican Party, as delegates to the party's upcoming convention ponder whether the GOP platform should support defining marriage as being between one man and one woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Reporter.

Shirvel s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#198 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a gap between my teeth.....homosexuality is clearly wrong and unnatural....You can change and go straight
Oh, you lost all your teeth.

Homosexuality is clearly just another on a spectrum of sexual orientations and exists throughout the natural world. When you reparations [sic] therapy types say "unnatural" you don't know and can't say what exactly you mean. It always has existed and does exist throughout the animal kingdom, humans included.

The going str8 thing you talibangelicals mention is some poor victim suppressing his or her sexual orientation for a period of time. It has nothing to do with "change" or "straight." For jaysus people, you trash sure like to lie a lot.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#199 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
Goes to show you the doc's can be wrong. By the way I'm one of them!
Sure you are.......... and I'm the queen of France.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#200 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suppose you read the Bible in its original written language? However, a penis is a penis n matter what you want to call it, suck on it. And that is still wrong you you reprobate.
Poor little chicken shit homophobe. Scared of the invisible boogie man in the sky..........
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#201 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that homosexuals can't reproduce should suffice. Who knows given enough time they will simple die out.
Where did you get he stupid idea that gay people are sterile?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#202 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a gap between my teeth. I bet you enjoy getting tea bagged.lol But, the point is this: homosexuality is clearly wrong and unnatural. And I know deep down you struggle with this. However, it's your choice to act on your impulses. You can change and go straight if you want to! It's up to you. AIDS is a horrible disease and started when some sicko had sex with a monkey.
hahahahahaha
ahhahahahaha

Working off your debt to NARTH, closet boy? How much did you pay them to cure you? Sucker.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#203 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
. AIDS is a horrible disease and started when some sicko had sex with a monkey.
Complete lie.

Gee, for someone who claims to be a doctor, you sure are stupid.
The Surgeon General

Grapevine, TX

#204 Jul 3, 2014
Shirvel s Shrivel wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an ignorant liar who out of racism just wants to pretend the US is the only country on the globe.
It is not disputable: Tens of millions of AIDS deaths since the start of the endemic among heterosexuals via heterosexual intercourse. Tens of thousands of AIDS death among gay men since the start of the epidemic..
Period. Now by your "logic" go start defaming heterosexuality, you pos, ignorant bigot.
Tell you what here are 2 different web sites with the same numbers and information.
www.avert.org .
AIDS.gov
Feel free to check those numbers out and get back with me. I'm not a liar I'm telling the truth.
In order to stop the deaths from the AIDS epidemic you must first stop the transmission of the AIDS virus. The most undisputable place to start is with the percentage of society that has the highest transmission rate. Male to male sexual encounters, that fact is undisputable by the research on those 2 web sites. You can call me a bigoted, racist, xenophobe all you want but, Any old farmer knows that if you want to kill the tree you have to cut the roots not the branches.
Shirvel s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#205 Jul 3, 2014
The Surgeon General wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what here are 2 different web sites
You're unable to distinguish one thing from another. The overwhelming majority of deaths from AIDS - tens of millions - were among heterosexuals from heterosexual intercourse.

We're not talking just about one year; we're not talking about just one corner of the globe. We're not talking about fundie / tee baggrz make believe data.

Go and defame heterosexuals by your "logic" on the basis of their spreading all this HIV. And for all the violent raping of women they do. Of course that is an insane "logic," which you apply only to groups you just happen to hate.

Oh, and it was right wing scum who blocked needle exchange and condom use and community based safer sex ed, you lying freeek. As a result it's now all about expensive retroviral therapy to enrich pharma.
Shirvel s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#206 Jul 3, 2014
anti retroviral
dawgs

London, KY

#207 Jul 3, 2014
Marcavage s Emission wrote:
<quoted text>You claim the former, falsely, on imaginary buybull grounds because you personally think / protest too much the latter.

You have a psychosexual issue.

If it weren't a psychosexual issue then you'd be railing about all the things which are obviously featured more prominently in scripture, such as the _Commandments_ about taking the lawd's name in vain or disrespecting one's parents.

Okay, cafeteria christianist, simple enough yet?
With every sin there are multiple levels of why it's offensive to God and to be avoided. The simplest is clearly to say the Bible says it is. And we should start there; and if we can go deeper, that's good.

I think it's implied clearly and spoken clearly in Romans 1:24-29 that homosexuality is wrong and to be avoided. And I think Paul in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 lists a very unusual phrase about homosexuality where he says, "Those who do such things"-and he lists it along with greed and covetousness and other sins, so it's not unique by itself in this-"those who do such things will not enter the kingdom of heaven."

In other words, if you know that it's wrong and you say, "I don't care that it's wrong. I don't care what God says. I'm going to do that thing," that's an indication that you're not going into the kingdom of heaven.

Now, that's just the "It's wrong, don't do it" authority answer. The question "Why would the Bible say that?" is also multi-layered.

1) The Bible sets up at the beginning that a man and a woman become one flesh. That's God's way of doing sexuality.

Sexuality is God's idea, and we should learn from God what it is. It's a man and a woman created in beautifully complementary ways so that they form one flesh. And to try to do it another way is a distortion. It's a corruption. It's a dysfunction of the way God made it.

2) As I reflect on Romans 1 and the way Paul unpacks the problem with homosexuality, it appears to me that Paul is saying something like this: When you exchange the glory of God for idols, the main one that you exchange the glory of God for is yourself. The idol that you have is yourself. Well, what sex is yourself? My sex is male. If you're a woman watching this, your sex is female. And he seems to draw out the fact that in exchanging God for our most cherished idol, which is usually self, we are prone to fall in love with the same sex.

So, implication: same-sex attraction is a dysfunctional form of idolatry. Now there are other kinds! Don't hear me saying that homosexual temptations are the only way that kind of self-idolatry emerges. But go to Romans 1:24-29 and just think that through yourself-ask how verse 23, the exchange of God for created things, relates to the exchange talked about in verse 26 ("They exchanged the natural for the unnatural"). The same words "exchanged" are used throughout that passage.

The deepest thing that I've ever hit upon for why God would disapprove of this is not just that the Bible says "Don't do it," and not just that God created male and female. Deep down there is a kind of idolatry involved in same-sex relationships that is very profound.

I'm sure there are other reasons why it's bad for us. And God loves us and he calls us not to do it.

Before I turn away from that question, let me say to those of you who struggle with this that this is not hard for me to empathize with or imagine. I don't want those of you who are wrestling with this to feel like, "O, this is just the worst possible thing imaginable." I don't feel that way.
Shirvel s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#209 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
With every sin there are multiple levels of why it's offensive to God and to be avoided.
Hey ignorant hater, speaking of "multiple levels" I was referencing the _Commandments_ which speak of those who covet, take the lawd's name in vain, disrespect their parents.

The headlining Commandments.

Yet you've got your dck wrapped up in this buried passages which you've never read in context or in the original languages. You talibangelicals never equally bray about or try to disfranchise unrepentant coveters.

Therefore it's all about your slightly buried homosexual issues and other personal biases, nothing more.
Jumper The wise

Owensboro, KY

#210 Jul 3, 2014
Sounds more like a slap fight between two sissy guys.
dawgs

London, KY

#211 Jul 3, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you're CLOSE to the worst possible thing imaginable.
You will burn in hell forever. However, you have a choice.
Shirvel s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#212 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
You will burn in hell forever. However, you have a choice.
That is absolutely a departure from your own professed religion's beliefs for you to claim to pass that judgment upon anyone. You're not the party who decides such things, by the tenets of your own (claimed) religion.

On top of which it's really sick to say something like that. And sanctimonious.

It's all a part of your hateful and bigoted behavior, which has nothing to do with Christianity whatsoever. It only has to do with selecting out what portions of mistranslated scripture to wield as a cover for your purely personal psychological issues.

Now, go bray equally about those _headlining Commandments_ as you do about your homosexual fears, you trash.
Clergy man

Terre Haute, IN

#213 Jul 3, 2014
dawgs wrote:
<quoted text>
With every sin there are multiple levels of why it's offensive to God and to be avoided. The simplest is clearly to say the Bible says it is. And we should start there; and if we can go deeper, that's good.
I think it's implied clearly and spoken clearly in Romans 1:24-29 that homosexuality is wrong and to be avoided. And I think Paul in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 lists a very unusual phrase about homosexuality where he says, "Those who do such things"-and he lists it along with greed and covetousness and other sins, so it's not unique by itself in this-"those who do such things will not enter the kingdom of heaven."
In other words, if you know that it's wrong and you say, "I don't care that it's wrong. I don't care what God says. I'm going to do that thing," that's an indication that you're not going into the kingdom of heaven.
Now, that's just the "It's wrong, don't do it" authority answer. The question "Why would the Bible say that?" is also multi-layered.
1) The Bible sets up at the beginning that a man and a woman become one flesh. That's God's way of doing sexuality.
Sexuality is God's idea, and we should learn from God what it is. It's a man and a woman created in beautifully complementary ways so that they form one flesh. And to try to do it another way is a distortion. It's a corruption. It's a dysfunction of the way God made it.
2) As I reflect on Romans 1 and the way Paul unpacks the problem with homosexuality, it appears to me that Paul is saying something like this: When you exchange the glory of God for idols, the main one that you exchange the glory of God for is yourself. The idol that you have is yourself. Well, what sex is yourself? My sex is male. If you're a woman watching this, your sex is female. And he seems to draw out the fact that in exchanging God for our most cherished idol, which is usually self, we are prone to fall in love with the same sex.
So, implication: same-sex attraction is a dysfunctional form of idolatry. Now there are other kinds! Don't hear me saying that homosexual temptations are the only way that kind of self-idolatry emerges. But go to Romans 1:24-29 and just think that through yourself-ask how verse 23, the exchange of God for created things, relates to the exchange talked about in verse 26 ("They exchanged the natural for the unnatural"). The same words "exchanged" are used throughout that passage.
The deepest thing that I've ever hit upon for why God would disapprove of this is not just that the Bible says "Don't do it," and not just that God created male and female. Deep down there is a kind of idolatry involved in same-sex relationships that is very profound.
I'm sure there are other reasons why it's bad for us. And God loves us and he calls us not to do it.
Before I turn away from that question, let me say to those of you who struggle with this that this is not hard for me to empathize with or imagine. I don't want those of you who are wrestling with this to feel like, "O, this is just the worst possible thing imaginable." I don't feel that way.
As you stand before God what will be your justification for your actions against your fellow man.

“Seems fishy to me!”

Since: Sep 13

Pool the Stream and Sea

#214 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
You have no idea what you've said from one post to the next.
Yeah well..... Your comprehending skills lack a lot of desire.
Shirvel s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#215 Jul 3, 2014
Fishy Face wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well..... Your comprehending skills lack a lot of desire.
No, I read fine, within the limits of your disordered posts.

You were making some bizarre complaint about heterosexuals of the same sex marrying one another to get the benefits of marriage.

It doesn't make sense they would do that, but since heterosexual couples (man and woman) can already marry only in order to get the benefits of marriage you were not saying anything in this fear of yours of two heterosexuals of the same sex marrying.

Unless, contrary to your unbelievable claims, you are not on the "fence" regarding marriage equality, but are making arguments to undermine marriage equality.

And that's among other problems in your posts.

“Seems fishy to me!”

Pool the Stream and Sea

#216 Jul 3, 2014
<quoted text>
Whether you actually know that now or did when you first broached your bizarre idea, it has nothing to do with the issue of marriage equality either way.
Because heterosexuals already do what you're pretending to be worried about...and you don't bray about preventing _them_ marrying someone of the opposite sex only for the rights and benefits of marriage.
So there's no difference if, in your singularly bizarre concept, heterosexuals marry for just that reason but to someone of the same sex. Unless you object to people of the same sex marrying one another._Then_ your screw loose idea can at at least be explained in terms of from whence it arose.
You're not on the fence. You're coming up with the most unhinged attempt at an argument against marriage equality we have yet heard. And that's really saying something, cos there's been some real morons on the right coming up with nuttiness on the topic for decades now.
Liar.
Some people who wish to enter into this country do so through the guise of marriage. Good or bad, there ARE checks and balances. Those regulations may not always work but there is an attempt to curb an influx in those who wish to abuse HETEROSEXUAL marriage.I also understand at some point there were blood test to ensure you didn't marry your sister or cousin. There are or have been checks and balance regulations in HETEROSEXUAL marriage.

So ....somewhere at some point someone said "hey what if?" I suppose, maybe, those where bazzrO ideas too.

I understand there has been and IS some ludicrous reasoning spewed about. I'm looking at it all over this forum. Hostility, resentment and anger from either side makes you a fool. Just a suggestion, you may want to dial it back a bit so you don't fit into that category. That is, if you don't fit the criteria.
Shirvel s Shrivel

Philadelphia, PA

#217 Jul 3, 2014
Fishy Face wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people who wish to enter into this country do so through the guise of marriage.
Again, whether the couple doing this are of the same gender or different genders makes no difference in terms of their doing this.

That is the simple point. Your babbling about immigrants or benefits has nothing to do with marriage equality. Because the scenarios you're coming up with already are in play without marriage equality everywhere.

So you're not "on the fence" about marriage equality. You're making up nonsense, invalid reasons not to have marriage equality, but, since you're so confused, are really just as much about not having marriage, period.

BTW, people who are "on the fence" about equal rights are opposed to equal rights. You're merely disingenuous...to the extent that you can understand the implications of your own attempted "arguments."

I really hate stupid people.

“Seems fishy to me!”

Pool the Stream and Sea

#218 Jul 3, 2014
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that "all the concerns" have not been addressed, surely, you must have some idea of what those concerns may be. This discussion has been going on for some years now, and people keep bringing up these unintended consequences. How long has Mass. had Marriage Equality now, and how many unintended consequences have come about? And straight people marrying the same sex has not to my knowledge affected the status quo in Mass. Let's at least try to deal with what we know is fact, and if any of those consequences should arise, we can deal with them at the time. By the way, I would wonder if someone is really "on the fence", why would they take the time and trouble to seek out an on line discussion? Seems a lot of trouble for someone who doesn't really care.
No I'm not certain every concern has been dealt with. Most I ever hear are the real loons. The biblethumpers, homophobes, LGBT and whatever else. Most all seem so to the extreme to me. Seldom does it seem I meet or talk with or read anything from someone who is level headed. There are a few put it is sparse. As far as Mass. The way I see it...That is a very small area and all this is all very new, the changing laws that is. It would be hard to poll or gauge even now if it was being abused even now and that is small area of the US.

I didn't "seek out" this discussion I regularly visit the politic section and I saw the topic. I do however have concerns, thoughts, ideas on this subject I would have like to have addressed and discussed. How could I ever conclude a Yea or Nay if I didn't convey those to be addressed. When I say "I don't really care" That is meaning I don't care about anyone's sexual orientation or what they do with that. IF it has no adverse effect on me personally. It would be the same as your religion or what you had for lunch today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 27 min Lips9945 35,857
News North Carolina's rush to bigotry 30 min Fit2Serve 1,818
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 38 min The Stealth 368
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 1 hr cpeter1313 1,611
News Openly gay rock singer changing tune on Mormon ... 1 hr david traversa 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 34,222
JADE Saturday night thread 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 5
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr Gregory 10,679
More from around the web