Justice Scalia’s Appeal To US Founder...

Justice Scalia’s Appeal To US Founders A Load Of Cow Pies

There are 16 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Dec 15, 2012, titled Justice Scalia’s Appeal To US Founders A Load Of Cow Pies . In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Justice Antonin Scalia likes to tell himself a comforting lie. The reality is that he is not an Originalist. That is, he is not someone who interprets the Constitution as the Founders would have because, in all honesty, he cannot know how they collectively would have thought. This is because, collectively, they did not think as a collective.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

david traversa

Rosario, Argentina

#1 Dec 15, 2012
Some of these founders were atheists to begin with; just as some present day politicians are shamefully ignorant.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#2 Dec 15, 2012
david traversa wrote:
Some of these founders were atheists to begin with; just as some present day politicians are shamefully ignorant.
REALLY ?! And who were the atheist FOUNDERS of the U.S.?

And don't you ave ANY problems in Argentina to worry about instead of constantly criticizing people in the U.S.?

We should've gone down there in the Falklands War and kicked your A$$ too.

Sei

Since: Nov 08

Rutland, VT

#3 Dec 15, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
We should've gone down there in the Falklands War and kicked your A$$ too.
Only if you're really into sheep. There's no other real reason to own the Falklands.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Dec 15, 2012
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you're really into sheep. There's no other real reason to own the Falklands.
Well, I agree. Why did the Argentinians insist on sacraficing so many men there to invade and occupy it, including the sinking of the ARA General Belgrano ?(ex-USS Phoenix CL-46, which was a Brooklyn-class light cruiser. It is the only ship known to have ever been deliberately sunk by a nuclear-powered submarine, the HMS Conquerer S-48.)

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Sei wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you're really into sheep. There's no other real reason to own the Falklands.
Or to maintain what is left of an empire.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Dec 15, 2012
jcofe wrote:
<quoted text>
Or to maintain what is left of an empire.
Well no, that's not the reason. The Falkland Islands are sovereign British territory, and you can't let a tin-horn dictator, like Galtieri was, or anybody else for that matter, to invade your territory and occupy it.

If a country invaded and occupied Midway Island, which is a U.S. territory with no permenant inhabitants at all, the U.S. certainly would not allow that.
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Getting off topic here, boys.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#8 Dec 15, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY ?! And who were the atheist FOUNDERS of the U.S.?
And don't you ave ANY problems in Argentina to worry about instead of constantly criticizing people in the U.S.?
We should've gone down there in the Falklands War and kicked your A$$ too.
Pardon me, ma'am, your nationalism is showing, and it's not pretty. The fact that someone writes from Argentina does not automatically mean they are Argentinian -- have you never travelled outside the United States or resided temporarily in another country? Perhaps that's your problem. You need to travel more and read more. Haven't you ever read Thomas Jefferson's "atheist" writings? The last time I checked he qualified as a founding father.

Furthermore, if Scalia wanted to follow the Constitution as the founders intended it then he should insist on his right to buy himself a slave or two, and deprive his wife of her right to vote.

Since: Jan 08

Providence, UT

#9 Dec 16, 2012
Hopefully, there will be a movement to call attention to Scalia's scurrilous behavior and insist that the recuse himself.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#10 Dec 16, 2012
Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me, ma'am, your nationalism is showing, and it's not pretty. The fact that someone writes from Argentina does not automatically mean they are Argentinian -- have you never travelled outside the United States or resided temporarily in another country? Perhaps that's your problem. You need to travel more and read more. Haven't you ever read Thomas Jefferson's "atheist" writings? The last time I checked he qualified as a founding father.
Furthermore, if Scalia wanted to follow the Constitution as the founders intended it then he should insist on his right to buy himself a slave or two, and deprive his wife of her right to vote.
I have never travelled outside of the U.S., nor resided temporarily in another country. I do not believe any American should do that until they have at least visited each of the 50 states in this great country.(So far I have only resided in, visited, or passed thru, 34 of the 50 states).

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Dubya wrote:
Hopefully, there will be a movement to call attention to Scalia's scurrilous behavior and insist that the recuse himself.
I hope so. Can you impeach a judge?
catter

Hayden, ID

#12 Dec 16, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never travelled outside of the U.S., nor resided temporarily in another country. I do not believe any American should do that until they have at least visited each of the 50 states in this great country.(So far I have only resided in, visited, or passed thru, 34 of the 50 states).
Stop touring the u.s. bathroom stalls with your toe tapping. Some of us gay men have morals and find that disgusting.
hoodathunkit

De Graff, OH

#13 Dec 16, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never travelled outside of the U.S., nor resided temporarily in another country. I do not believe any American should do that until they have at least visited each of the 50 states in this great country.(So far I have only resided in, visited, or passed thru, 34 of the 50 states).
I have to disagree with you. I see no need to visit Montana, North or South Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, and several other states. I grew up on a farm and already know what sheep, cows, corn, and snow looks like.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#14 Dec 16, 2012
hoodathunkit wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you. I see no need to visit Montana, North or South Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, and several other states. I grew up on a farm and already know what sheep, cows, corn, and snow looks like.
You obviously have never driven the Beartooth Highway, hiked in the Tetons, watched the wolves chase the antelope, elk, and buffalo in Yellowstone, visited the hot springs and geysers, or the glaciers and animals in Glacier Waterteron International Peace Park, or Alaska. There are some amazing sights out there.

The trick is in spending your money in ways that support those who support equal rights, rather than those who promote prejudice and discrimination.

(But yes, you can skip Kansas, ND, and most of the southeastern states.)

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#15 Dec 16, 2012
hoodathunkit wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you. I see no need to visit Montana, North or South Dakota, Wyoming, Kansas, Alaska, and several other states. I grew up on a farm and already know what sheep, cows, corn, and snow looks like.
I lived in Wyoming, and have visited Montana, Kansas, and South Dakota (one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL states I have ever seen).

:)

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#16 Dec 18, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never travelled outside of the U.S., nor resided temporarily in another country. I do not believe any American should do that until they have at least visited each of the 50 states in this great country.(So far I have only resided in, visited, or passed thru, 34 of the 50 states).
I rest my case. You probably feel the same way about books -- won't read anything else until you have read each of the 40 books of the Bible? And so far you're halfway through ... let me guess ... Leviticus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Flower4985 23,877
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min Jade Dragon Soy S... 4,943
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 26 min tbird19482 44,013
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 41 min Jade Dragon Soy S... 69,498
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 2 hr Big Donald Fan 12,607
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 2 hr Rose_NoHo 193
News Homosexuality against natural law (Sep '09) 5 hr The Worlds Bigges... 1,431
News Jennifer Holliday withdraws from Trump pre-inag... 11 hr Imprtnrd 28
More from around the web