Official prayers for Obama are a political hot potato

Jan 18, 2013 Full story: The Northwestern in Oshkosh 32

First lady Michelle Obama, President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, his wife Jill Biden attend the inaugural prayer service at the Washington National Cathedral in Washington, Wednesday, Jan.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#1 Jan 18, 2013
It's his second term. No more elections. Why not have an Imam? Boy, wouldn't that blow up some heads. Personally, I don't see why there has to be any prayers at all, but then, if that's what they want, o.k.
Just poppin in for a bit

Watsonville, CA

#2 Jan 18, 2013
I don't like that there are prayers at ANY Publicly-funded or Government functions.
AzAdam

Scottsdale, AZ

#3 Jan 18, 2013
I'd live to see him call it a breakfast and drop the prayer word. Don't invite a pastor at all. What an ANAZING idea. Keeping god out if the government. Wish I had thought if it.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#4 Jan 18, 2013
RalphB wrote:
It's his second term. No more elections. Why not have an Imam? Boy, wouldn't that blow up some heads. Personally, I don't see why there has to be any prayers at all, but then, if that's what they want, o.k.
I think what might be even worse, is if he would invite the 'good reverend Wright' for the inaugeration..........

God damn America..........

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#5 Jan 18, 2013
I dont really care if there are prayers there and i'm no christian. To each his own. But if he ever says 'God told me' I'll start to worrying.
david traversa

San Miguel De Tucuman, Argentina

#6 Jan 18, 2013
" 'historic', biblical Christianity"..? Legendary, biblical Christianity would be more accurate; so much there fit only for the very, very gullible..

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Jan 18, 2013
Just poppin in for a bit wrote:
I don't like that there are prayers at ANY Publicly-funded or Government functions.
I agree. What ever happened to the "eall of separation between church and state" ? The civil goverments' functions should be completely separated from religion. Not doing so is a violation of the First Amendment.

The Obamaniac is a profoundly Evil man and should be impeached immediately as some members of congress have already called for.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#8 Jan 18, 2013
they really want to piss off the religious right they should have Rev.Elder Darlene Gardner be the speaker after all shes just north in Maryland

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#9 Jan 18, 2013
Just poppin in for a bit wrote:
This is not publicly funded tickets are sold you can stand in the mall area for $ 249.00 or have a nice almost up front seat for a mire $5250.00 and yes there are tickets still available can we put you down for 2
AzAdam

United States

#10 Jan 18, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not publicly funded tickets are sold you can stand in the mall area for $ 249.00 or have a nice almost up front seat for a mire $5250.00 and yes there are tickets still available can we put you down for 2
You're going to take the position that this isn't an official government function? Are you sure about that?

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Get FREE tickets from your Senator or Congress person...I DID! I have been to an Inauguration. Albeit GW BUSH....went with my mother. Had to be in DC for a funeral on the 19th and so we stayed over. That is ok. Lots of standing and cold feet.

Coolidge, AZ

#12 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
In inauguration IS a public function. And they're CHARGING AMERICAN CITIZENS TO WITNESS A PUBLIC FUNCTION ?!

IMPEACH THIS BUM !

NEXT !

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
In inauguration IS a public function. And they're CHARGING AMERICAN CITIZENS TO WITNESS A PUBLIC FUNCTION ?!
IMPEACH THIS BUM !
NEXT !
You really are stupid.

Coolidge, AZ

#14 Jan 18, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>You really are stupid.
No. Because I am ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced.

:)

(And several congressman just this week have suggested impeaching this BUM.)

#16 Jan 18, 2013
How does this guy think that this gets paid for???With HIS TAX DOLLARS!?

#15 Jan 18, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Because I am ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced.
:)
(And several congressman just this week have suggested impeaching this BUM.)
Just because you don't like something does not make it impeachable...LIST THE CHARGES.

Yes, they charge for front row seats at the Inauguration.

Coolidge, AZ

#18 Jan 18, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you don't like something does not make it impeachable...LIST THE CHARGES.
Yes, they charge for front row seats at the Inauguration.
The inauguration is a PUBLIC ACT. He MUST be sworn into office to be POTUS. CHARGING MONEY by an elected political official for the U.S. CITIZENS to witness an official public act IS IMPEACHABLE.

IMPEACH THIS BUM !

NEXT !

(If the mayor of the city I live in charged the citizens to witness his public swearing in, do you think THAT is legal ?!)
Sunshine

Waldorf, MD

#19 Jan 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I wouldn't pay a plug nickel.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jan 18, 2013
Sunshine wrote:
<quoted text> I wouldn't pay a plug nickel.
I wouldnt go if it was free.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#21 Jan 18, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldnt go if it was free.
don't worry... you won't be missed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 3 min Pro-Ukraine 1,349
Once more on fascism knocking on the Balkan doo... (Aug '09) 7 min Tubal Cain 1,788
John Barrowman Proud Of Gay Kiss At Commonwealt... 26 min Beauty Queen 23
Single Women Raise Gay Sons: Pat Robertson short 2 hr NorCal Native 38
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 2 hr NorCal Native 7
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 3 hr DebraE 386
We Need More Gay Sex on TV 4 hr Fa-Foxy 77
Web filter lifts block on gay sitesWeb filter l... 5 hr Professor Jumper 15
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 6 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 609
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 hr Cali Girl 2014 55,889
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 10 hr WeTheSheeple 751
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••