Maryland voters' support for same-sex marriage slips

Nov 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ft. Meade Leader

Maryland, which just a month ago appeared poised to become the first state in the country to back gay marriage by popular vote, is now reported to be deadlocked on the issue, in part because of a drop in support from religious blacks.

Comments
41 - 60 of 156 Comments Last updated Nov 10, 2012

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Oh what an original strawman you have constructed here.
No, an answer to the statement: "They will still be allowed to preach whatever they want and not face any legal action as long as it doesn't incite a riot or harm others!!!"

Keeping marriage as is, that's the moderate centrist position. Radically redefining marriage or criminalizing same sex marriage are the extremes.

Same sex marriage is Fin de siecle fad.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, an answer to the statement: "They will still be allowed to preach whatever they want and not face any legal action as long as it doesn't incite a riot or harm others!!!"
Keeping marriage as is, that's the moderate centrist position. Radically redefining marriage or criminalizing same sex marriage are the extremes.
Same sex marriage is Fin de siecle fad.
Marriage as is? It's not defined by the laws, therefore there is no "as is" anyway. That means same sex marriage is already legal, by your own logic. Which again leads to the fact that changing the definition to specify gender is modifying the the definition as well as increasing the size of the government.

Spin it all you want, you're wrong, and your religious notions are simply in the way of progress. Do not deny you are basing it all on religious ideas, that is the only way you can justify your stance.
Daddy

San Marcos Tlapazola, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Ive had my fill of the anti God anti Jesus crowd. Our country was founded upon Judeo/Christian beliefs and the morality of these damn queers and lesbians shoving their nasty inmoral principles upon us is bullshit! The damn courts have ostracized our God and taken prayer away from the children all the while the queers promote their evil agenda of homosexual behavior on television etc. I dont mind offending any of the silly bastards wherever I meet them. Just stay the hell outa my path and you may survive. Marriage is for a man and wom,an period! And getting rid of an "evolved" president will be a great first step. Maybe he can trade Moochelle off for a muslim queer and feel better!
Bucky

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If same sex marriage becomes law, those same Church Ministers, Pastors or any other Church representative would be treated as extremists. Keeping marriage as is, between male and female, is the moderate position; changing the law to allow two men or two women to be considered married is the extreme position.
Vote no on six, to keep the status quo.
The homosexuals went scorched-earth against the black lady @ Gallaudet University for signing a political petition that the homosexuals don't like regarding putting 6 on the ballot.
The homosexuals wasted no time, piled on, and got the university to fire her within days of discovery.
A deaf black woman.
Amazing.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're right. An better route would be to have SCOTUS rule that under teh full faith and credit clause, ALL states must legally recognize ALL teh marriages of other states, without exception. What would be the CONSTITUTIONAL reason for not making such a ruling ? "We don't like it." ?
And I think a comparison of this to interracial marriage (which some states allowed and others did not) and cousin marriage (which some states allow, and some states STILL don't allow), is a perfectly valid comparison from a federal constitutional perspective. LEGALLY, there is no such thing as an "inter-racial marriage", nor a "cousin marriage", nor a "gay marriage". There is ONLY "MARRIAGE".
For once you're right, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on the SCOTUS. When the SCOTUS overturns the remaining marriage bans, it will be under equal protection or due process, just like they did with inter-racial marriage bans. But that's not likely to happen any time soon; at least not while the conservatives have the majority on the court.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Daddy wrote:
Ive had my fill of the anti God anti Jesus crowd. Our country was founded upon Judeo/Christian beliefs and the morality of these damn queers and lesbians shoving their nasty inmoral principles upon us is bullshit! The damn courts have ostracized our God and taken prayer away from the children all the while the queers promote their evil agenda of homosexual behavior on television etc. I dont mind offending any of the silly bastards wherever I meet them. Just stay the hell outa my path and you may survive. Marriage is for a man and wom,an period! And getting rid of an "evolved" president will be a great first step. Maybe he can trade Moochelle off for a muslim queer and feel better!
Your god is dead, that's what happens when myths are exposed for mythology.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Bucky wrote:
<quoted text>The homosexuals went scorched-earth against the black lady @ Gallaudet University for signing a political petition that the homosexuals don't like regarding putting 6 on the ballot.
The homosexuals wasted no time, piled on, and got the university to fire her within days of discovery.
A deaf black woman.
Amazing.
She wasn't fired.

So you're saying the University has no right to decide who works for them?

Interesting position for a supposed "conservative".
Bucky

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is dead, that's what happens when myths are exposed for mythology.
Of course there can't possibly be a God to anyone else.
You're still working on the fact that you rejected yourself and everyone else is supposed to wait until you get all that figured out, if ever.
Get real, sir.
Bucky

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't fired.
So you're saying the University has no right to decide who works for them?
Interesting position for a supposed "conservative".
No, I just like the metrics of the poll and am speculating as to possible reasons.
The big media splash of the queers getting the black lady professor fired for signing a petition outside her church was quite effective.
Good job!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Bucky wrote:
<quoted text>Of course there can't possibly be a God to anyone else.
You're still working on the fact that you rejected yourself and everyone else is supposed to wait until you get all that figured out, if ever.
Get real, sir.
Ah, a lame attempt at an insult. I wish I was a sir, then you testosterone breeders would actually consider me more than a sex toy.

I reject your mythology, that is the only correct stance anyone can take.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Bucky wrote:
<quoted text>No, I just like the metrics of the poll and am speculating as to possible reasons.
The big media splash of the queers getting the black lady professor fired for signing a petition outside her church was quite effective.
Good job!
Funny that you cannot prove your assertion with anything more than rumors and false accusations.
No means Maybe

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>If it's defeated, we'll just be back next year, and the next, and the next, and the next, and the next until it DOES pass or until the courts overturn the bans.
So... This question put to the voters will never end?
nomad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

in a marrage between a man and a woman the marrage is consummated in conjugal intercourse shuitable for procreation where the male puts his penis in the woman's virginal ontell compleation. That is the legal and religious understanding.

So what would that be for say two men or two Weman would both men have to do what ever it is that they do one at a time to each other.

would the use of some sort of devise between two Weman be considered consummation

And if the law was changed to to include gay marrage how does that afect the laws on marrage consummation is clear its pointed right at the church becouse legal partnerships are available to gays right now giveing them every right but religious can a law make the public swallow the gay agenda becouse they think it can it does change what has been understood from the beginning

Of our civilization marrage consummation between a man and a woman seals the marrage in a blood .

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

No means Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
It ends by 2020 when the SCOTUS overturns the remaining state bans.
Bucky

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

No means Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to shut queers up is to put the question on the ballot to the voters to amend their state constitution in the next election.
Are we going to recognize marriage or erase the definition?
Without fail, the majority of voters, even Democratic voters in solid blue states, are sick of queers whining for still more special rights and still more preferential treatment.
Majorities of voters have the legitimate and final say on this issue, case closed.
Vote to defeat what queers want and you know you're doing the right thing.
Bucky

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you cannot prove your assertion with anything more than rumors and false accusations.
Look at the polls.
Bucky

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Daddy wrote:
^So well said I can't add to it
Holy crap, what a great rant!
So right on.^
nomad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Will there be a list of what acts the gay community consider the consummation of a marrage and god help us do we really need to know.

Or will they demand it be removed compleatly which is more likely and that's steps across the line on separation of church and state.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It ends by 2020 when the SCOTUS overturns the remaining state bans.
I certainly hope, and expect, that it happens long before the Year 2020.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

iamcuriousnow wrote:
but... it's a life style....no it's a mutant gene...
no it's because mommie beat daddy up in front of the kids. That causes all kinds of warped behavior.
The U.S. Constitution specifically protects one's chosen "lifestyle".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••