Pennsylvania Republicans Silence Gay ...

Pennsylvania Republicans Silence Gay Lawmaker

There are 30 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Jun 29, 2013, titled Pennsylvania Republicans Silence Gay Lawmaker. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

The Pennsylvania Republicans not only silenced an openly gay lawmaker and his allies, but stand in the way of marriage equality in that state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#1 Jun 29, 2013
Ah, yes, DEMOCRACY in action !

:)

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 29, 2013
More oppression by the "small government" Rebublicans.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 29, 2013
My favorite sentence:

"“A few months ago I reminded this House that we put our hands on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution, not the other way around."

That's the most quotable line I've encountered in quite a long time.

A variant of that needs to be put out on buttons, bumperstickers and t-shirts.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#4 Jun 29, 2013
snyper wrote:
My favorite sentence:
"“A few months ago I reminded this House that we put our hands on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution, not the other way around."
That's the most quotable line I've encountered in quite a long time.
A variant of that needs to be put out on buttons, bumperstickers and t-shirts.
I prefer: "SHOOT THE POLITICIANS !"

:)

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5 Jun 29, 2013
"Lawyer Ruth E. Harlow said that “Pennsylvania isn’t going to be as attractive for progressive businesses and gay and lesbian couples, and I think that’s going to grow into a more significant issue than the state may have realized.”

And that, my friends will be the death-knell to anti Marriage Euality states. You cannot support the costs of running a state on just the taxes from Chic-Fil-A and a few family run local shops.
Little Oakland Annie

Hayward, CA

#6 Jun 29, 2013
snyper wrote:
My favorite sentence:
"“A few months ago I reminded this House that we put our hands on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution, not the other way around."
That's the most quotable line I've encountered in quite a long time.
A variant of that needs to be put out on buttons, bumperstickers and t-shirts.
I've always liked that and remember hearing it years ago. As far back as I can trace it is Jesse Jackson Jr. in 1997. Here's the original (?) quote:

“When I came here, I put my hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. I didn’t put my hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible.”

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

Happy Pride to All!
Sick of Bigots

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jun 29, 2013
How about a Constitutional amendment outlawing Republicans? Oh, right, it's called the mid-term elections in 2014.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Jun 29, 2013
Oh, but Ralph, they don't WANT the State to function in terms of any services that can be withheld to force people to turn to THEIR churches and pretend to believe for food, or medicine, etc.

Any who will not, can experience the troubles that come from not submitting to their dominion.

They have always disliked the escape clause that Government-based programs afford those who do not care to live under Mrs. Grundy's thumb.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#9 Jun 29, 2013
Sick of Bigots wrote:
How about a Constitutional amendment outlawing Republicans? Oh, right, it's called the mid-term elections in 2014.
Gee, in the 1994 mid-term election, the Republicans made their biggest gains in 48 years, and were elected to a majority in the House by the American people.

In the very next mid-term election, the American people returned the Republicans to the majority. In the very next mid-term election, the American people returned the Republicans to the majority ONCE AGAIN.

In the very next mid-term election, the American people returned the Republicans to the majority ONCE AGAIN.

And in the last mid-term election, not only did the American people ONCE AGAIN return the Republicans to a majority the House, but they did so with eh LARGEST GAINS since 1938.

Yup, the American people sure don't like electing Republicans in mid-term elections.

Why should the next midterm election be any different ?

And if Congress required it's members to take a "loyalty test" to be seated, that would exclude ALL the Democrats (also known as "socialists", "communists", "pinkos", and "The Old Evil Ones").

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#10 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
Why should the next midterm election be any different ?
Because the Republicans have become little more than a stump in the road blocking even the most reasonable of legislation and grounding the business of government to a halt, largely at the urging of their extremist tea party lunatic fringe.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#11 Jun 29, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the Republicans have become little more than a stump in the road blocking even the most reasonable of legislation and grounding the business of government to a halt, largely at the urging of their extremist tea party lunatic fringe.
Well, I'm certainly in favor of that, and apparently most Americans are, since they keep reelecting them in midterm elections.:))

And please tell me why The Obamaniac suffered the WORST midterm election defeat of ANY POTUS in 72 years if The Obamaniac and his policies are so POPULAR with the American people (The Joseph Stalin-inspired "OBAMACARE" comes to mind).

Why did that happen ?
Little Oakland Annie

Hayward, CA

#12 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm certainly in favor of that, and apparently most Americans are, since they keep reelecting them in midterm elections.:))
And please tell me why The Obamaniac suffered the WORST midterm election defeat of ANY POTUS in 72 years if The Obamaniac and his policies are so POPULAR with the American people (The Joseph Stalin-inspired "OBAMACARE" comes to mind).
Why did that happen ?
Allow me to amend my previous "Happy Pride to All" to exclude you. As rarely as I come here, I always find you on almost every thread being obnoxious to everyone. It takes a really low person to be offensive to 100% of the population, but somehow you manage. Grow up.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#13 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
Well, I'm certainly in favor of that, and apparently most Americans are, since they keep reelecting them in midterm elections.:))
And please tell me why The Obamaniac suffered the WORST midterm election defeat of ANY POTUS in 72 years if The Obamaniac and his policies are so POPULAR with the American people (The Joseph Stalin-inspired "OBAMACARE" comes to mind).
Why did that happen ?
We will simply have to wait and watch. Personally, I think the Tea Party has poisoned the GOP, and so long as they pander to their base, they will continue to lose ground.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#14 Jun 29, 2013
Little Oakland Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to amend my previous "Happy Pride to All" to exclude you. As rarely as I come here, I always find you on almost every thread being obnoxious to everyone. It takes a really low person to be offensive to 100% of the population, but somehow you manage. Grow up.
Care to address any of the FACTS I stated ?
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#15 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, in the 1994 mid-term election, the Republicans made their biggest gains in 48 years, and were elected to a majority in the House by the American people.
In the very next mid-term election, the American people returned the Republicans to the majority. In the very next mid-term election, the American people returned the Republicans to the majority ONCE AGAIN.
In the very next mid-term election, the American people returned the Republicans to the majority ONCE AGAIN.
And in the last mid-term election, not only did the American people ONCE AGAIN return the Republicans to a majority the House, but they did so with eh LARGEST GAINS since 1938.
Yup, the American people sure don't like electing Republicans in mid-term elections.
Why should the next midterm election be any different ?
And if Congress required it's members to take a "loyalty test" to be seated, that would exclude ALL the Democrats (also known as "socialists", "communists", "pinkos", and "The Old Evil Ones").
You ask, "Why should the next midterm election be any different?"

Because up until these past few years, the Republicans could be counted on for doing at least some decent things in government. Nowadays they have all morphed into obstructionist and delusional god loving freaks.(by the way: there is no god) The people can see the truth now, and things will change!

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#16 Jun 29, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask, "Why should the next midterm election be any different?"
Because up until these past few years, the Republicans could be counted on for doing at least some decent things in government. Nowadays they have all morphed into obstructionist and delusional god loving freaks.(by the way: there is no god) The people can see the truth now, and things will change!
Well, The American people seem to like to keep voting them into the majority in the House.:)
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#17 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, The American people seem to like to keep voting them into the majority in the House.:)
That's because those people are not educated as to what is really going on in the country and they buy the lies that the conservative ads tell.
They've been duped, but eventually they will get it.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#18 Jun 29, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because those people are not educated as to what is really going on in the country and they buy the lies that the conservative ads tell.
They've been duped, but eventually they will get it.
But for the previous 40 consecutive years when the Democrats had a stranglehold on the House, the American people WERE educated, rite ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#19 Jun 29, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm certainly in favor of that, and apparently most Americans are, since they keep reelecting them in midterm elections.:))
And please tell me why The Obamaniac suffered the WORST midterm election defeat of ANY POTUS in 72 years if The Obamaniac and his policies are so POPULAR with the American people (The Joseph Stalin-inspired "OBAMACARE" comes to mind).
Why did that happen ?
That one's easy ....

Brian

Attleboro, MA

#20 Jun 30, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
But for the previous 40 consecutive years when the Democrats had a stranglehold on the House, the American people WERE educated, rite ?
Yes, TV and religion are making them dumber every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Towsday Night JADE Thread 16 min Rainbow Kid 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 39 min Respect71 38,526
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 56 min Poof1 14,766
News Actress who played TV psychic, Miss Cleo, dies ... 7 hr Fa-Foxy 2
News FDA Signals Relaxing Gay Blood Donation Policy 7 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 2
News All gay and bisexual men should get meningitis ... 7 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 3
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 158
More from around the web