Catholic Archbishop Claims Same-Sex Marriage Will Destroy Society

Sep 21, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

It has been a constant charge from those opposed to same-sex marriage that marriage equality will lead, somehow, to the collapse of society.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Tag Youre It wrote:
Homosexual acts will destroy society. Amazingly homosexuals seem to relish and revere in the fact that by numbers heterosexuals now have more hiv cases than gays. But if gays were the same amount in numbers to heterosexuals this world would be perilously in danger. The deadly game of tag continues.
It never fails. Some boob brings up HIV and AIDS on nearly every thread dealing with the civil rights of gays and lesbians.

And invariably they try to paint gays and lesbians as demons. If you honestly believe anyone, gay or straight, is happy to know someone has contracted HIV, your moral compass is more messed up than the child molesting priests and those who protected them.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

jcofe wrote:
He is sooo full of it, I wonder if his eyes are brown.
Yes, a unique shade of Brian Brown.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Tag Youre It wrote:
Homosexual acts will destroy society. Amazingly homosexuals seem to relish and revere in the fact that by numbers heterosexuals now have more hiv cases than gays. But if gays were the same amount in numbers to heterosexuals this world would be perilously in danger. The deadly game of tag continues.
Whose fault is it that your heteros get infected? Tell THEM to stop opening their legs to strangers and they will just be fine.

I've been sexually active since the 70's and am PERFECTLY FINE, HIV NEGATIVE, never had an STD, or anything like that for I have always practiced safe sex, even before it was necessary. Why don't YOU try safe sex if you are so frightened?

Or are you worried about your wife whoring around behind your back? If I were married to you, well, suicide, but if that was not an option, I would turn to others for affection, obviously YOU are incapable of love or affection.

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Whose fault is it that your heteros get infected? Tell THEM to stop opening their legs to strangers and they will just be fine.
I've been sexually active since the 70's and am PERFECTLY FINE, HIV NEGATIVE, never had an STD, or anything like that for I have always practiced safe sex, even before it was necessary. Why don't YOU try safe sex if you are so frightened?
Or are you worried about your wife whoring around behind your back? If I were married to you, well, suicide, but if that was not an option, I would turn to others for affection, obviously YOU are incapable of love or affection.
I agree. I've been sexually active since the 70's also, and I'm hiv negative and never had an std. People who contract an std usually contract it because they were irresponsible and did not use any protection, or their partner is irresponsible.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I've been sexually active since the 70's also, and I'm hiv negative and never had an std. People who contract an std usually contract it because they were irresponsible and did not use any protection, or their partner is irresponsible.
Smart to be careful & responsible!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It never fails. Some boob brings up HIV and AIDS on nearly every thread dealing with the civil rights of gays and lesbians.
And invariably they try to paint gays and lesbians as demons. If you honestly believe anyone, gay or straight, is happy to know someone has contracted HIV, your moral compass is more messed up than the child molesting priests and those who protected them.
This place needs compassion. I mistakenly thought that's what a religion forum would be like. Everybody here just trying to hurt someone - well, almost everyone.

“NOW will ya give me”

some fightin' room ? !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
This place needs compassion. I mistakenly thought that's what a religion forum would be like. Everybody here just trying to hurt someone - well, almost everyone.
but this is cross-posted in the Gay/Lesbian forum and vicisousness is SOP here.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
but this is cross-posted in the Gay/Lesbian forum and vicisousness is SOP here.
I wasn't saying YOU have no compassion, sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was speaking only generally.

I don't sleep well at all and I won't take sleeping pills. It's 5:53 a.m., may I ask what time you have?

“NOW will ya give me”

some fightin' room ? !

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't saying YOU have no compassion, sorry I didn't make myself clear. I was speaking only generally.
I don't sleep well at all and I won't take sleeping pills. It's 5:53 a.m., may I ask what time you have?
I know you weren't referring to me specifically. I was being general also.

3.02am in AZ here.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you weren't referring to me specifically. I was being general also.
3.02am in AZ here.
Oh, okay :) Nice to meet you by the way.

I never sleep well, plus I totaled our car the other day (nobody hurt thank God) and I'm still very shook up. Can't eat or sleep, can't stop crying. And due to all our med bills, getting another car is out of the question. I feel HORRIBLE.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
This article was posted on multiple forum boards, not just the "Religion" forum.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

kathleen mcfadden wrote:
How we could bring about the end to society eludes me. Does the church think that if gay marrage were legal everybody would magically turn gay?...
You know, I believe that's exactly what they think.

Weird, huh?

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
Having one's brain located in one's d!khed is the cause of cognitive disability.
You above all others should know.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, okay :) Nice to meet you by the way.
I never sleep well, plus I totaled our car the other day (nobody hurt thank God) and I'm still very shook up. Can't eat or sleep, can't stop crying. And due to all our med bills, getting another car is out of the question. I feel HORRIBLE.
Be thankful that no one DID get hurt. Horrible things happen in car accidents. I know it is tiresome now, but at least you are OK. It was just a car. Something will come up for you soon, I hope.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
This is obvious since society has been TOTALLY DESTROYED in Iowa, Massachusetts, New York, and New Hampshire due to gay marriage.
Nonsense

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Can someone explain how society here in Canada is collapsing? It has been almost ten years since gay marriage was made legal here, the first country that did so.

There are construction cranes all over the city of Toronto while the construction industry in the States is idle. Housing prices all over Canada have skyrocketed while many places in the States have seen a decline. The prime minister closed off immigration for most people as too many people wanted to legally immigrate here. Pray tell, how is Canadian society "collapsing?"

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

TucksunJack wrote:
This is obvious since society has been TOTALLY DESTROYED in Iowa, Massachusetts, New York, and New Hampshire due to gay marriage.
I'll bet you've never even set foot in any of those states, let alone recently.

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Juanpaul wrote:
Religion will be the downfall of society. It is the cause of all societys problems.
Not quite, though many of them. Greed, territorialness and lust for power must share the honours.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

kathleen mcfadden wrote:
How we could bring about the end to society eludes me. Does the church think that if gay marrage were legal everybody would magically turn gay? We do need the heterosexuals too birth us gays you know ; ). REALLY ALL YOU STRAIGHT PEOPLE ARE YOU AFRAID YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO RESIST BEING GAY OR WHAT?
It all comes down to money. The RCC consists of misogynistic snakes. They are against abortion and gays because no babies means no future Catholics donating money to support the Vatican cesspool of snakes.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Be thankful that no one DID get hurt. Horrible things happen in car accidents. I know it is tiresome now, but at least you are OK. It was just a car. Something will come up for you soon, I hope.
I appreciate your kind heart :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••