Catholic Archbishop Claims Same-Sex Marriage Will Destroy Society

There are 20 comments on the Sep 21, 2012, lezgetreal.com story titled Catholic Archbishop Claims Same-Sex Marriage Will Destroy Society. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

It has been a constant charge from those opposed to same-sex marriage that marriage equality will lead, somehow, to the collapse of society.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#1 Sep 21, 2012
He is sooo full of it, I wonder if his eyes are brown.

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#2 Sep 21, 2012
This is obvious since society has been TOTALLY DESTROYED in Iowa, Massachusetts, New York, and New Hampshire due to gay marriage.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Sep 21, 2012
How many children has the good bishop sexually abused over the years? How many pedophiles has he hidden from justice.

NEVER trust a man in a black dress with a white collar......

“A Militant Homosexual”

Since: Jan 07

West Hollywood, California

#4 Sep 21, 2012
Well he ought to know about destroying societies. The Catholic Church has been doing that for centuries. Of course, like with everything else they "believe," he's wrong...
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Sep 21, 2012
I wonder now what the catholic church will do now that their reasoning for discriminating against women who would like to be priests (and women in general0 has been punctured by an ancient document stating that Jesus had a female disciple (aka. Priest) and that he was married.
And if Jesus was married what would that do to that would be silly celibacy vow that attracts and encourages pedophilia?
SHYKORA ARTs paul

Calgary, Canada

#6 Sep 21, 2012
...maybe so...maybe...eh..

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Sep 21, 2012
Truth wrote:
I wonder now what the catholic church will do now that their reasoning for discriminating against women who would like to be priests (and women in general0 has been punctured by an ancient document stating that Jesus had a female disciple (aka. Priest) and that he was married.
And if Jesus was married what would that do to that would be silly celibacy vow that attracts and encourages pedophilia?
It's probably better than the alternative, which was Jesus was gay.
SHYKORA ARTs paul

Calgary, Canada

#8 Sep 21, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
..hogwash ..nonsense...eh..

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#9 Sep 21, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't gay ???

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#10 Sep 21, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
This is obvious since society has been TOTALLY DESTROYED in Iowa, Massachusetts, New York, and New Hampshire due to gay marriage.
And let's remember that the first time a ban on SSM was raised in AZ it failed!
Junior Esquire

El Segundo, CA

#11 Sep 21, 2012
I concur with the Archbishop.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#12 Sep 21, 2012
Didn't Cardinal Thomas Dolan, head of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops recently say the church should stay out of politics?

http://www.faithinpubliclife.org/blog/

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#13 Sep 21, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
I concur with the Archbishop.
40,000 Call on Cardinal Dolan to Keep Partisan Politics out of Church

http://www.faithinpubliclife.org/blog/40000-c...

Since: Feb 09

Southern California

#14 Sep 21, 2012
Religion will be the downfall of society. It is the cause of all societys problems.
Junior Esquire

El Segundo, CA

#15 Sep 21, 2012
Juanpaul wrote:
Religion will be the downfall of society. It is the cause of all societys problems.
Having one's brain located in one's d!khed is the cause of cognitive disability.
Tag Youre It

Huntington, MA

#16 Sep 21, 2012
Homosexual acts will destroy society. Amazingly homosexuals seem to relish and revere in the fact that by numbers heterosexuals now have more hiv cases than gays. But if gays were the same amount in numbers to heterosexuals this world would be perilously in danger. The deadly game of tag continues.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#17 Sep 21, 2012
Tag Youre It wrote:
Homosexual acts will destroy society..
Which acts? Working? Going to soccer games? Doing the dishes? Weeding the garden? Kissing?

There are a thousand acts engaged in by each gay person every day, and they are all the same ones that everyone else engages in.

Which will destroy society simply because a person who can only be attracted to the same gender engages in them?

The idea seems rather silly to me, but perhaps you can explain.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#18 Sep 21, 2012
Cowardly Trolls are mentally disturbed individuals.

It must be awful being you.
Tag Youre It wrote:
Homosexual acts will destroy society. Amazingly homosexuals seem to relish and revere in the fact that by numbers heterosexuals now have more hiv cases than gays. But if gays were the same amount in numbers to heterosexuals this world would be perilously in danger. The deadly game of tag continues.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#19 Sep 21, 2012
Junior Esquire wrote:
<quoted text>
Having one's brain located in one's d!khed is the cause of cognitive disability.
Have you considered surgery?
kathleen mcfadden

Bedford, IN

#20 Sep 21, 2012
How we could bring about the end to society eludes me. Does the church think that if gay marrage were legal everybody would magically turn gay? We do need the heterosexuals too birth us gays you know ; ). REALLY ALL YOU STRAIGHT PEOPLE ARE YOU AFRAID YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO RESIST BEING GAY OR WHAT?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay NYC businessmen who hosted Ted Cruz try to ... 29 min Clayton 1
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 29 min DebraE 184
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 30 min LuxGurl 32,058
Poll NoHo or NorCOW: Who Has Bigger Balls? 33 min Elijah 2
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 41 min Elijah 2,145
News Printing co. apologizes for Georgia franchise t... 48 min A Little Dab Will... 4
News Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby With Lesbian Moms 48 min cpeter1313 1,234
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 59 min Prep-for-Dep 19,990
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 hr Elijah 669
News Top U.S. court appears on cusp of declaring rig... 5 hr Fa-Foxy 25
More from around the web