Despite same-sex marriage shift, oppo...

Despite same-sex marriage shift, opponents fight on

There are 176 comments on the CBS News story from Mar 26, 2013, titled Despite same-sex marriage shift, opponents fight on. In it, CBS News reports that:

This week, as the Supreme Court prepares to hear two landmark cases concerning same-sex marriage, momentum appears to be on the side of gay rights: A recent poll shows support for gay marriage at an all-time high; voters in Maine and Maryland approved same-sex marriage at the ballot box last November; and in the past few weeks, a slew of ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#165 Apr 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Still you believe it is OK to own another human? sad that you are so immoral because your cult tells you it is OK.
very sad...
Can you show me a post mr. twister that says I approve of slavery, but first Forrest give us your definition of slavery. Run Forrest Run.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#166 Apr 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if i didn't prove them, why are you talking about the slavery in the bible, pooks?
Hmmmm..... seems your lack of brains trips you up again...you simply are not smart enough to lie, Au contrair...
You low information voters don't know anything past a twitter account.

Galatians 3:28 ESV / 66 helpful votes
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#167 Apr 1, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Al Gore and KKK Byrd were two of the biggest liberal black haters.
They actually hated, equally, Hispanics, Asians, Gays, Jews, and White Appalachian Trailer Trash as well.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#168 Apr 2, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>
They actually hated, equally, Hispanics, Asians, Gays, Jews, and White Appalachian Trailer Trash as well.
Its better that all the charlatans and gays come out of the closet at the same time. It saves wear and tear on the door.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#169 Apr 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You low information voters don't know anything past a twitter account.
Galatians 3:28 ESV / 66 helpful votes
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
so was your cult god wrong the first time in Leviticus when he clearly stated that people can own other humans as slaves? i didn't think your cult thought your god could be wrong...

hmmm...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#170 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so was your cult god wrong the first time in Leviticus when he clearly stated that people can own other humans as slaves? i didn't think your cult thought your god could be wrong...
hmmm...
What do you call a slave.....it's not what Obama's relatives sold America 400 years ago.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#172 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so was your cult god wrong the first time in Leviticus when he clearly stated that people can own other humans as slaves? i didn't think your cult thought your god could be wrong...
hmmm...
It is either that or God isn't wrong but...
All of the ice holes that attempt to interpret have political agendas that renders them useless as sources of truth.
This fact was observed by the founding fathers who saw faith as a personal guide not a political template.

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law"
-- Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Dr. J. Cooper dated 2-10-1814

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#173 Apr 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>What do you call a slave.....it's not what Obama's relatives sold America 400 years ago.
when you own another human...not that hard to comprehend. and your cult god says that is OK...not a great moral guide. in fact, the bible is one of the worst moral guides around...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#174 Apr 2, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
It is either that or God isn't wrong but...
All of the ice holes that attempt to interpret have political agendas that renders them useless as sources of truth.
This fact was observed by the founding fathers who saw faith as a personal guide not a political template.
"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law"
-- Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Dr. J. Cooper dated 2-10-1814
the god of that cult says it is OK to own other humans...yes, that is wrong, no question about it.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#175 Apr 2, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brain is defective.
So is your pity party.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#176 Apr 2, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
It is either that or God isn't wrong but...
All of the ice holes that attempt to interpret have political agendas that renders them useless as sources of truth.
This fact was observed by the founding fathers who saw faith as a personal guide not a political template.
"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law"
-- Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Dr. J. Cooper dated 2-10-1814
A watchful eye must be kept on ourselves lest while we are building ideal monuments of Renown and Bliss here we neglect to have our names enrolled in the Annals of Heaven.
Letter to William Bradford (9 November 1772)

I have sometimes thought there could be no stronger testimony in favor of Religion or against temporal Enjoyments even the most rational and manly than for men who occupy the most honorable and gainful departments and are rising in reputation and wealth, publicly to declare their unsatisfactoriness by becoming fervent Advocates in the cause of Christ, & I wish you may give in your Evidence in this way. Such instances have seldom occurred, therefore they would be more striking and would be instead of a "Cloud of Witnesses."

Letter to William Bradford (September 1773), quoted in The Lustre of Our Country : The American Experience of Religious Freedom (2000) by John Thomas Noonan, p. 66

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#178 Apr 2, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity party? I'm not a republican.
Good. We don't want marxist.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#179 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so was your cult god wrong the first time in Leviticus when he clearly stated that people can own other humans as slaves? i didn't think your cult thought your god could be wrong...
hmmm...
run, little jimmy, run!

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#181 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the god of that cult says it is OK to own other humans...yes, that is wrong, no question about it.
Jefferson reached the same conclusion.
However at least he was wise enough to see faith in its proper light.
Not even Jefferson was right all the time

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#182 Apr 2, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
A watchful eye must be kept on ourselves lest while we are building ideal monuments of Renown and Bliss here we neglect to have our names enrolled in the Annals of Heaven.
Letter to William Bradford (9 November 1772)
I have sometimes thought there could be no stronger testimony in favor of Religion or against temporal Enjoyments even the most rational and manly than for men who occupy the most honorable and gainful departments and are rising in reputation and wealth, publicly to declare their unsatisfactoriness by becoming fervent Advocates in the cause of Christ, & I wish you may give in your Evidence in this way. Such instances have seldom occurred, therefore they would be more striking and would be instead of a "Cloud of Witnesses."
Letter to William Bradford (September 1773), quoted in The Lustre of Our Country : The American Experience of Religious Freedom (2000) by John Thomas Noonan, p. 66
" Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

Do not be frightened from this inquiry by any fear of its consequences. If it ends in a belief that there is no God, you will find incitements to virtue in the comfort and pleasantness you feel in its exercise, and the love of others which it will procure you."

"that you should read all the histories of Christ, as well of those whom a council of ecclesiastics have decided for us, to be Pseudo-evangelists, as those they named Evangelists. Because these Pseudo-evangelists pretended to inspiration, as much as the others, and you are to judge their pretensions by your own reason, and not by the reason of those ecclesiastics. Most of these are lost."

From Jefferson's letter to Peter Carr 8\19\1785

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#183 Apr 3, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. Marxist..... hahahahahaha... you're a clueless idiot.
Low information voters don't know how to read, google or comprehend facts........otherwise you wouldn't be so stupid and living on the government teat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ireland same-sex marriage 1 hr American_Infidel 361
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 2 hr Brian_G 349
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 5,748
News The right therapy for LGBT youth 3 hr HumanSpirit 285
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Brian_G 51,761
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 3 hr pearl 3,826
News Can Rick Santorum escape his past? 3 hr kuda 36
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr NoahLovesU 21,822
Are the mods fair and balanced? 14 hr Friend of Poof1 842
More from around the web