Evangelicals: Keep gay issues out of ...

Evangelicals: Keep gay issues out of immigration

There are 27 comments on the KIMT story from May 8, 2013, titled Evangelicals: Keep gay issues out of immigration. In it, KIMT reports that:

Religious leaders are warning that including a gay rights amendment in a sweeping immigration bill could cost their support for the legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIMT.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#22 May 9, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack, with all due respect, if an American citizen legally marries a foreign national they are protected under our laws.
Same sex couple aren't because of the Defense of Marriage Act.
The law should apply equally to every American citizen and right now it doesn't.
Not rubbing anything in your face except the truth.
As soon as DOMA is struck down the equal protections clause in the constitution will cover this, but right now our immigration laws discriminate against gay people in more ways than you would think.
If our demanding to be treated equally under the law annoys you...good.
Maybe you'll think about long enough to realize that discrimination is wrong no matter who is being discriminated against.
I dont care. Seal the border, then we'll talk about what your bytch is. Until then do your gay rights shyt and stay out of the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION issue.
Quest

Dickerson, MD

#23 May 10, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>I dont care. Seal the border, then we'll talk about what your bytch is. Until then do your gay rights shyt and stay out of the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION issue.
Doesn't it make more sense to actually enforce our laws regarding HIRING illegals? After all, if so many fine taxpaying Americans are willing to do just about anything to lure illegals into the country in the first place, spending all of our time and money building a few thousand miles of "Berlin Wall" seems rather foolish.

And why in the world would you demand that other Americans stay out of ANY issue that is important to the entire country?

That's just nuts.
Quest

Dickerson, MD

#24 May 10, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
.......Do your "gay rights" shyt, but quit turning every issue into something gay, because it isn't......
Actually, gay folks are affected in the SAME ways for this, and most other issues. Sorry.

Trying to deny other taxpayers a say in how the country is run isn't American, is it?

Perhaps you might like to move to another country that supports your views, instead of telling others to do so for participating in, talking about, and debating the same things that EVERY American does.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#25 May 10, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't it make more sense to actually enforce our laws regarding HIRING illegals? After all, if so many fine taxpaying Americans are willing to do just about anything to lure illegals into the country in the first place, spending all of our time and money building a few thousand miles of "Berlin Wall" seems rather foolish.
And why in the world would you demand that other Americans stay out of ANY issue that is important to the entire country?
That's just nuts.
I know that all of you are not as stupid as the ones that show up on here, so I'll respond. Who said anything about a wall? That tells me you know nothing of your own security. You live in your own world which could blow up in your face because our government is allowing anybody to cross into our country illegally. All you little simple minded doughboys are worried about is your own little gayness, which means nothing to the rest of us. Trying to make every issue a gay issue just shows what a bunch of selfish little bytches you are and that's why nobody cares or pays any attention to your plight.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#26 May 10, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, gay folks are affected in the SAME ways for this, and most other issues. Sorry.
Trying to deny other taxpayers a say in how the country is run isn't American, is it?
Perhaps you might like to move to another country that supports your views, instead of telling others to do so for participating in, talking about, and debating the same things that EVERY American does.
The only thing you are being denied of is trying to deflect from the illegal immigration debate and turning it into something gay. You are spamming this forum. Go back to the gay marriage forum. Nobody here cares.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27 May 10, 2013
If the people are really in favor of same sex marriage, put it in the bill. Let's vote.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#29 May 11, 2013
Same sex marriage supporters like Lilith use irrational ad hominem arguments; I prefer reason. See her post above as proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 min Respect71 51,899
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 10 min neighbor 2,008
News Rhode Island becomes 10th state to ban 'ex-gay'... 19 min Wrong Move 1
News Gay Teen Vogue editor defends mag's anal sex guide 1 hr Big Duke 64
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 1 hr William P 403
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 7 hr General Zod 462
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 40
News Ancient Porn Found at Pompeii May Prove the New... 9 hr Marco R s Secret ... 1
More from around the web