Former Philadelphia Promoter is Latest Victim of Anti-Gay Violence in NYC

May 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

NYC's hate crime spree continued last night when former Philadelphia club promoter Dan Contarino was jumped, kicked and beaten in the East Village by an attacker who shouted anti-gay epithets.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Fascism rears it's ugly head.

And STILL the SCotUS thinks we don't deserve Suspect Classification?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Lamont wrote:
I'd say people are fed up with queers in NYC!
I'd say people are fed up with your lying false names, PIERRE, JOSH, CECIL, LUIGI, LAMONT, JOSH. When are you going to pick ONE name and stick with it, liar?

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Fascism rears it's ugly head.
And STILL the SCotUS thinks we don't deserve Suspect Classification?
It's sounding far too much like the Brown Shirts of Germany of another time. Little vicious thugs who are nobodies, getting a cheap thrill out of hurting others,roaming in little cowardly packs, like hyenas or weasels or some other vicious animals.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just NYC. Believe me we are only seeing the beginning of decent people fighting against the homosexual atrocity. There will be much more blood shed in the streets until decency and morality can be restored!
Hopefully your stinking green blood.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

According to the WINS Radio website, the perpetrator, who has not yet been arrested, has along criminal history.

One of the main problems in the U.S. is we have a revolving-door criminal justice system, where persistent felons are constantly released, and commit more violent crimes.

What we need is for EVERY STATE AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to have a MANDATORY "3-stikes-and-you're-out " law, to KEEP PERSISTENT FELONS IN PRISON FOREVER.

Steal a slice of pizza or a bicycle and it's your 3rd conviction ? THEN YOU'RE OUT !!!

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
According to the WINS Radio website, the perpetrator, who has not yet been arrested, has along criminal history.
One of the main problems in the U.S. is we have a revolving-door criminal justice system, where persistent felons are constantly released, and commit more violent crimes.
What we need is for EVERY STATE AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to have a MANDATORY "3-stikes-and-you're-out " law, to KEEP PERSISTENT FELONS IN PRISON FOREVER.
Steal a slice of pizza or a bicycle and it's your 3rd conviction ? THEN YOU'RE OUT !!!
Most states are thinking long and hard on the 3 strikes law. It is unwieldy and useless. Prisons are groaning under huge amounts of low level offenders. the tax loads are killing the economy. In fact, a lot of prisons are now letting low level offenders free, for it is just too many.

This country jails more prisoners than the next 20 countries combined. Even like China and Iran are not so prison happy.

I guess you don't feel as though your taxes are high enough and want to build MORE money pits of prisons.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
And, Inspector Javert, since you think Jean Valjean deserved 20 years for stealing a piece of bread, stealing a piece of pizza is NOT a felony. Nor is stealing a bike.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>And, Inspector Javert, since you think Jean Valjean deserved 20 years for stealing a piece of bread, stealing a piece of pizza is NOT a felony. Nor is stealing a bike.
That's right. But California's "3 strikes law" allowed the prosecutor to treat them as such. In Cali under the 3 strikes law, if a person has been convicted of 2 felonies, a conviction on a misdemeanor charge may be counted as a 3rd strike. I mentioned those to 2 items, in the 2 cases that SCOTUS decided regarding Cali's 3 strikes law, those are the items that were stolen, which resulted in a sentence of life in prison for the criminals.

California punished, up until 2011, shoplifting and similar crimes involving under $400 in property as felony petty theft if the person who committed the crime had one prior conviction of any form of theft, including robbery or burglary and who had served time in jail or prison for that offense.(The law was changed in 2011 to require three prior theft related convictions before a petty theft could be charged as a felony.)

As a result, some defendants have been given sentences of 25 years to life in prison for such crimes as shoplifting golf clubs (Gary Ewing, previous strikes for burglary and robbery with a knife), or, along with a violent assault, a slice of pepperoni pizza from a group of children (Jerry Dewayne Williams, previous convictions for robbery and attempted robbery.

On November 4, 1995, Leandro Andrade stole five videotapes from a K-Mart store in Ontario, California. Two weeks later, he stole four videotapes from a different K-Mart store in Montclair, California. Andrade had been in and out of state and federal prisons since 1982, and at the time of these two crimes in 1995, had been convicted of petty theft, residential burglary, transportation of marijuana, and escaping from prison. As a result of these prior convictions, the prosecution charged Andrade with two counts of petty theft with a prior conviction, which under California law can either be a felony or a misdemeanor. Under California's three-strikes law, any felony can serve as the third "strike" and thereby expose the defendant to a sentence of 25 years to life in prison.

Kevin Weber was sentenced to 25 years to life for the crime of burglary (previous strikes of burglary and assault with a deadly weapon). Prosecutors said the six-time parole violator broke into a restaurant to rob the safe after a busy Mother's Day holiday, but triggered the alarm system before he could do it. When Weber was arrested, his pockets were full of cookies he had taken from the restaurant.

Santos Reyes in California committed a burglary as a juvenile with no jury trial (strike one); the second strike was a robbery which didn't involve injury to anybody; after ten years had passed without incident, Reyes was convicted of perjury for submitting a false application while under oath and, as a result of the three-strikes law, he was sentenced to 26 years to life.

On March 5, 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court held by a 54 majority that such sentences do not violate the Eighth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which prohibits "cruel and unusual punishment." In two separate opinions handed down on the same day, the court upheld California's three-strikes law against an attack on direct appeal from conviction, Ewing v. California, 538 U.S. 11, and a collateral attack through a petition for habeas corpus, Lockyer v. Andrade, 538 U.S. 63 (2003).

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

3 VIOLENT felonies makes sense.

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Foxy, you quack more like a rightwing republican all the time.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
Foxy, you quack more like a rightwing republican all the time.
Sorry. I know you wackazoid Libs support crime and support criminals, but I don't.

What I DO support is locking up habitual criminals for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time to keep them away from us non-criminal citizens.

I FULLY SUPPORT sentences of 25 years to life for anyone convicted of at least 2 felonies.

I've never committed a felony. Have you ?

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

And SCOTUS has ruled that it is PERFECTLY CONSTITUTIONAL to lock up a criminal for life for petty theft. I FULLY SUPPORT THAT.

I also support the Death Penalty, for murder, treason, espionage, terrorism, piracy, rape, fraud, robbery, and many other crimes.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Most states are thinking long and hard on the 3 strikes law. It is unwieldy and useless. Prisons are groaning under huge amounts of low level offenders. the tax loads are killing the economy. In fact, a lot of prisons are now letting low level offenders free, for it is just too many.
This country jails more prisoners than the next 20 countries combined. Even like China and Iran are not so prison happy.
I guess you don't feel as though your taxes are high enough and want to build MORE money pits of prisons.
Too many prisons make profit for having a 'full house'.

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I know you wackazoid Libs support crime and support criminals, but I don't.
What I DO support is locking up habitual criminals for a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time to keep them away from us non-criminal citizens.
I FULLY SUPPORT sentences of 25 years to life for anyone convicted of at least 2 felonies.
I've never committed a felony. Have you ?
No.

Now you're just trolling.

What has any of this to do with what happened to Dan?

It's as if you and your crap is more important than what happened to one of our brothers.

(Back ON topic)

We need a nationwide campaign to get ALL of our brothers and sisters to carry pepper spray.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Too many prisons make profit for having a 'full house'.
Of course, it is big business now and they are one of the more powerful DC lobbyist groups. Prisons are money factories. Jan Brewer, guv of Arizona..home to FaFooey, is ITCHING to open new prisons in that state for more MOOLA.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
It's as if you and your crap is more important than what happened to one of our brothers.
(Back ON topic)
We need a nationwide campaign to get ALL of our brothers and sisters to carry pepper spray.
I'm finding this new born homophobia highly disturbing and scary.

When I used to go to New York a lot I walked through the Village streets with absolutely NO fear, even late at night, now, I would think long and hard before that and would NOT without at least two or three companions. Better to grab a cab! So much for lovely evening New York walks back to the hotel.

It's a direct result of all the ruckus of long held beliefs being changed, old dusty cages being rattled.

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
(Back ON topic)
Are you THAT stupid ??? "What has any of this to do with what happened to Dan?" ???!!!

The criminal arrested for this assault, Gornell Roman, has a long criminal history and served time for attempted murder. Perhaps if this criminal had been LOCKED UP LONGER, this crime wouldn't have happened !

But I know you Libs DON'T BELIEVE in putting criminals in prison because they're simply "misunderstood".

“... from a ...”

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you THAT stupid ??? "What has any of this to do with what happened to Dan?" ???!!!
The criminal arrested for this assault, Gornell Roman, has a long criminal history and served time for attempted murder. Perhaps if this criminal had been LOCKED UP LONGER, this crime wouldn't have happened !
But I know you Libs DON'T BELIEVE in putting criminals in prison because they're simply "misunderstood".
I am perfectly comfortable with putting someone in prison after they beat the crap out of you or took your life.

There. Feel better?

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I am perfectly comfortable with putting someone in prison after they beat the crap out of you or took your life.
There. Feel better?
Ah, you liberals brook NO DISSENT ! Papa Joe Stalin, your patron saint, is smiling up from Hell at you.:)

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you ONE thing that we all do NOT understand, about 90% of your posts, the rest bore us to death.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••