Is Sexual Orientation Innate?

Nov 9, 2012 Read more: www.huffingtonpost.com 55

A central tenet of modern neuroscience is that for every difference in behavior, whether between groups of people or within an individual person over time, there must be some corresponding differences in the structure or function of the brain.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Nov 9, 2012
It's as innate as one's chirality.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Nov 9, 2012
The list of discussants and topics on this site is fascinating.

https://www.msu.edu/~youlove/schedule.html
david traversa

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Why else would we put up with so much stupidity?
Donate2NOM

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Ask Jerry Sandusky.

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
Ask Jerry Sandusky.
Why don't you? Record the interview. I'd be curious enough to listen to it.
Donate2NOM

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Nov 9, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you? Record the interview. I'd be curious enough to listen to it.
Jerry isn't responsible for his actions.
Even though he was an adult in his 30 40s 50s having homosexual relations with little boys, Jerry was just born gay.
Not responsible.

So sad for Jerry that President Obama won another term.
Now Jerry has to wait 4 more long years until he gets his presidential pardon.

Location hidden

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
<quoted text>Jerry isn't responsible for his actions.
Even though he was an adult in his 30 40s 50s having homosexual relations with little boys, Jerry was just born gay.
Not responsible.
Who says? I mean, besides YOU?

Go interview him and see if that's what HE says.

I mean, go do something REAL ... for once.
Donate2NOM

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 10, 2012
david traversa wrote:
Why else would we put up with so much stupidity?
Homosexual pedophiles are proving they were born that way and can't be held accountable.
The severity of punishment for their crimes is prima facie evidence that adult homosexuals like Jerry Sandusky are the actual victims in these cases.
These homosexual child molesters don't have any choices or control over their behaviors because they were born that way.
Holding homosexual child molesters to account for touching kids is a hate crime, right?

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#10 Nov 10, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexual pedophiles are proving they were born that way and can't be held accountable.
The severity of punishment for their crimes is prima facie evidence that adult homosexuals like Jerry Sandusky are the actual victims in these cases.
These homosexual child molesters don't have any choices or control over their behaviors because they were born that way.
Holding homosexual child molesters to account for touching kids is a hate crime, right?
Does your warped reasoning apply to str8 molesters too, who by the way overpopulate per capita the statistics more than the gay ones?

Your voice becomes more irrelevant as time passes.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#11 Nov 10, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexual pedophiles are proving they were born that way and can't be held accountable.
Who said Sandusky was homosexual?
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 10, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
Not responsible.
Jerry wasn't born gay, he was born a pedophile and being an adult he should have sought out treatment to control his urges for innocent children which are criminal.

Homosexuals however have no reason to seek treatment or change behavior because they are involved with consenting adults.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#13 Nov 10, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
Why are you more worried about criminals who harm children of their same gender, than criminals that harm children of the opposite gender?

Are't the all just as evil?

Your agenda is showing.

And it's not rational, is it? Where YOU harmed at some point by someone of your same gender? That seems the most likely scenario for what broke you.

In all truth - seek some help.

You aren't hurting a single gay person with endlessly this stuff, since it doesn't apply to us, but it is a sign that you are hurting yourself, every time you post.

Do you really want to keep living this way?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#14 Nov 10, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
Only in your mind.

Even a pedophile who is only attracted to children, can make the choice not to harm them.

Harm.

Do you understand what that means?

When straight adults form sexual relationships with other straight adults, there is no inherent harm in it. When gay adults form sexual relationships with other gay adults, there is no inherent harm in it.

When a pedophile tried to form a sexual union with any child, the harm is inherent to that child.

Do you understand now? I know you have difficulty understanding the difference between adult and children, but most other people do not. Your inability to grasp this simple concept makes me uneasy that you might be untrustworthy around kids.

As I've said before - you really need to seek treatment.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#15 Nov 10, 2012
There are some things in that article that I didn't know at all. They're very interesting.

Also, someone in the comments of the article made a point about how religious types use choice as an excuse to discriminate. Even though it hasn't been proven a choice and is unlikely, whereas religious beliefs are a choice, that is a fact.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#16 Nov 10, 2012
FTA: "Homosexual males have penises that are larger, on average, than those of heterosexual males."

Now I know why so many "straight" men hate us; its' Penis Envy. Who would have thought? Are you reading this, Trolls?
john e

Geneseo, NY

#17 Nov 10, 2012
Donate2NOM wrote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz
you need some new material. you're really getting boring and irrelevant to any conversation. good for you for still trying.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#18 Nov 10, 2012
Lacez wrote:
There are some things in that article that I didn't know at all. They're very interesting.
Also, someone in the comments of the article made a point about how religious types use choice as an excuse to discriminate. Even though it hasn't been proven a choice and is unlikely, whereas religious beliefs are a choice, that is a fact.
I have read that even as late as the 20th century in the U.S., some schoolchildren had their left arms tied behind their backs because being left-handed was considered at the time to be immoral and\or "not normal behaviour".

btw, the word "sinister" is Latin for "left-handed". In ancinet latin, it simply meant the fact that a person was left-handed, not evil, as the word means today in modern English.

Montreal

#20 Nov 10, 2012
Franz wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has to SAY it! He raped little boys! He's GAY! How stupid are you!!!
How stupid are YOU?
You're the one who doesn't know the difference between a sexual orientation and a paraphilia.

Montreal

#21 Nov 10, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read that even as late as the 20th century in the U.S., some schoolchildren had their left arms tied behind their backs because being left-handed was considered at the time to be immoral and\or "not normal behaviour".
btw, the word "sinister" is Latin for "left-handed". In ancinet latin, it simply meant the fact that a person was left-handed, not evil, as the word means today in modern English.
Religions have always advocated discriminating against minorities.
It's disgusting.

Though don't get me wrong, many religious individuals are loving and caring people. My above statement is directed at those who have, throughout centuries, abused religion, using it to get as much power as they can. I am also directing the statement at those who dislike someone or something, then try to use their religion as an excuse to hate and discriminate against those things.

Montreal

#22 Nov 10, 2012
RalphB wrote:
FTA: "Homosexual males have penises that are larger, on average, than those of heterosexual males."
Now I know why so many "straight" men hate us; its' Penis Envy. Who would have thought? Are you reading this, Trolls?
I am going to use that so many times..."You're just jealous of my bigger penis."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Marriage' Rooted in Fraud, Child Rape 2 min Festis 8
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 2 min woodtick57 206
Are the mods fair and balanced? 5 min Frankie Rizzo 461
News Gay 'marriage': A recipe for anarchy 9 min RalphB 32
News Youths tackle gay marriage issue 13 min Wondering 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min Frankie Rizzo 19,167
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 26 min Frankie Rizzo 2,610
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 2 hr doty 803
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 2 hr Brian_G 38
More from around the web