Gay couples hope legislation makes Ha...

Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first Western state w...

There are 16154 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 22, 2009, titled Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first Western state w.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Hawaii , the state that adopted the nation's first "defense of marriage" constitutional amendment a decade ago, has now become the latest battleground in the fight for same-sex civil unions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#17038 Dec 28, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
How many were "rice christians"?
Most Christians who leave comfort and security for sacrificial service are expressing the fruit of their faith. I would surmise they are 'countless'.

Did you want to compare gays in denial?

Smile.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17040 Dec 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Christians who leave comfort and security for sacrificial service are expressing the fruit of their faith. I would surmise they are 'countless'.
Did you want to compare gays in denial?
Smile.
Let me rephrase ...

How many of the ostensible converts were "rice christians" ?

Location hidden

#17041 Dec 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that you validate your claim.
You are unable to do so with a credible source.
The dishonesty is all yours. Typical of gay twirl, isn't it.
Smirk.
First. NOT a "claim" but an "assertion".

I provided a source with substantial footnotes and further references and links, mostly to the sects themselves, from which the assertion was drawn.

The author of the summary, stated that the data is based upon the self reportage of the various sects and, as such, is not independently verifiable.

You imply that these data are unreliable.

Again, the sources are the sects themselves, therefore to you the sects themselves are unreliable.

These sects compose "christendom".

Ergo, "christendom" is unreliable in speaking of itself accurately and/or truthfully.

Ergo, "christendom" is unreliable and untruthful.

The sane response must be, "Some are, some are not, or some are more so and others less so."

All this regarding the topic regarding "most christians" being more or less interested in trappings of their club than the message of Yeshua.

According to the numbers supplied by the sects of "christendom" themselves, and the simple observable evidence, it appears that "most christians" DO prefer the trappings to the message, especially since the numbers provided suggest that "most christians" adhere to sects whose primary requirements and expression of membership are liturgical and formalistic in nature.

Location hidden

#17042 Dec 28, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me rephrase ...
How many of the ostensible converts were "rice christians" ?
Or members who showed up only on Christmas Eve & Easter?

You'd have to individually inspect the fruit, right?

Smile.

Location hidden

#17043 Dec 28, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
First. NOT a "claim" but an "assertion".
I provided a source with substantial footnotes and further references and links, mostly to the sects themselves, from which the assertion was drawn.
The author of the summary, stated that the data is based upon the self reportage of the various sects and, as such, is not independently verifiable.
You imply that these data are unreliable.
Again, the sources are the sects themselves, therefore to you the sects themselves are unreliable.
These sects compose "christendom".
Ergo, "christendom" is unreliable in speaking of itself accurately and/or truthfully.
Ergo, "christendom" is unreliable and untruthful.
The sane response must be, "Some are, some are not, or some are more so and others less so."
All this regarding the topic regarding "most christians" being more or less interested in trappings of their club than the message of Yeshua.
According to the numbers supplied by the sects of "christendom" themselves, and the simple observable evidence, it appears that "most christians" DO prefer the trappings to the message, especially since the numbers provided suggest that "most christians" adhere to sects whose primary requirements and expression of membership are liturgical and formalistic in nature.
I asserted nothing. The article you provided to validate your claim did no such thing.

You were caught in a deliberate attempt to deceive. Now you are gay twirling to avoid admitting it.

Typical of my experience with gays in denial.

Location hidden

#17044 Dec 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Or members who showed up only on Christmas Eve & Easter?
You'd have to individually inspect the fruit, right?
Smile.
Or "hatched, latched and dispatched" as the Italians are wont to say.

That is YOUR use of "fruit" which remains to be scripturally validated.

What was his meaning?

Location hidden

#17045 Dec 29, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Or "hatched, latched and dispatched" as the Italians are wont to say.
That is YOUR use of "fruit" which remains to be scripturally validated.
What was his meaning?
My wife and I attended the 50th anniversary celebration of a couple who spent their lives serving all over Africa with stints in Pakistan and Haiti. Some with a religious organization, and some with the US State Dept aid work.

She was a young widow with a 2 year old daughter when they met and married. Had one child together, and adopted 3 more (Caucasian, African, and Indian). The African & Indian stood and gave 10 reasons why they knew they were the children of the couple. Person after person related how they had served them, not in their profession, but personally. Powerful and precious.

Not sure how they relate to 'hatched, latched and dispatched', but they are typical of my experience with Christians.

You are typical of my experience with gays.

That's what I mean by fruit.

Location hidden

#17046 Dec 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife and I attended the 50th anniversary celebration of a couple who spent their lives serving all over Africa with stints in Pakistan and Haiti. Some with a religious organization, and some with the US State Dept aid work.
She was a young widow with a 2 year old daughter when they met and married. Had one child together, and adopted 3 more (Caucasian, African, and Indian). The African & Indian stood and gave 10 reasons why they knew they were the children of the couple. Person after person related how they had served them, not in their profession, but personally. Powerful and precious.
Not sure how they relate to 'hatched, latched and dispatched', but they are typical of my experience with Christians.
You are typical of my experience with gays.
That's what I mean by fruit.
(DNF stop laughing! You'll hurt yourself)

So you are asserting that Yeshua meant the same thing that you do by "fruits".

Can you support that?

Location hidden

#17047 Dec 29, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
(DNF stop laughing! You'll hurt yourself)
So you are asserting that Yeshua meant the same thing that you do by "fruits".
Can you support that?
Those acts are not the fruit of their faith? Moreover, they don't count?

You think their life of sacrifice is funny?

How gay.

Location hidden

#17048 Dec 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Those acts are not the fruit of their faith? Moreover, they don't count?
You think their life of sacrifice is funny?
How gay.
That's not the question was it? That's interpretation, derived, and idiosyncratic.

Still waiting.
LOLreally

Sparta, TN

#17050 Mar 25, 2014
I've been to Hawaii. To me, it's paradise. A garden of Eden. God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. So much for the Rainbow State... literally.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#17051 Apr 10, 2014
LOLreally wrote:
I've been to Hawaii. To me, it's paradise. A garden of Eden. God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. So much for the Rainbow State... literally.
Live and let live, and by God (yes, you just made a deity blush), please update your talking points! If Steve did exist, Adam fell prey to a sic pack of beer!!!

Location hidden

#17052 Apr 11, 2014
Won't same sex couples feel inferior next to diverse gendered couples, especially when the latter have children?
A cultural relationship is defined by specific details. There is significant differences between a diverse gendered couple and a duplicate gendered couple. There is also a profound difference between a relationship that bears fruit, and one that never does.
An example for just part of the question is the difficulty a heterosexual couple unable to bear children experiences.

Location hidden

#17053 Apr 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Won't same sex couples feel inferior next to diverse gendered couples, especially when the latter have children?...
You'll just have to wait and ask them when you meet them.
KiMare

Philadelphia, PA

#17054 Apr 11, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll just have to wait and ask them when you meet them.
Good suggestion.
So far every single one has acknowledged a deep sense of inferiority.

Location hidden

#17055 Apr 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Good suggestion.
So far every single one has acknowledged a deep sense of inferiority.
"Inferiority in how they are treated socially and legally; in other words extrinsically, or intrinsically?

How was this expressed in words, literally?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#17057 Apr 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
Won't same sex couples feel inferior next to diverse gendered couples, especially when the latter have children?
No, why would we? And the former can have children as well, so that was just stupid adding that to your question.
KiMare wrote:
A cultural relationship is defined by specific details. There is significant differences between a diverse gendered couple and a duplicate gendered couple. There is also a profound difference between a relationship that bears fruit, and one that never does.
You adding "profound" doesn't make it so. And all couples have significant differences. You seem to think differences matter about something. They don't.
KiMare wrote:
An example for just part of the question is the difficulty a heterosexual couple unable to bear children experiences.
No that isn't an example, because that heterosexual couple doesn't feel inferior. Nor do they think their differences are profound.

You're an idiot Gregory Kirschmann.
Jonny

Cromwell, CT

#17059 May 21, 2014
So we're up to 18 states & DC w/legal same-sex marriage and three others where mixed-sex marriage has been struck down, now on appeal as of 5/20/2014 but surely to stand. This leaves 32 states explicitly banning gay marriage.

Notice how one total keeps going up and the other keeps going down...

Location hidden

#17060 May 21, 2014
Jonny wrote:
So we're up to 18 states & DC w/legal same-sex marriage and three others where mixed-sex marriage has been struck down, now on appeal as of 5/20/2014 but surely to stand. This leaves 32 states explicitly banning gay marriage.
Notice how one total keeps going up and the other keeps going down...
Notice how SS couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointless duplication gender halves of marriage? Inferior right off the bat.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#17061 May 23, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how SS couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointless duplication gender halves of marriage? Inferior right off the bat.
Notice how your opinions mean absolutely nothing to anyone other than yourself. And yes, you are inferior. You always have been.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'You can't have marriage equality without polyg... 2 min Reverend Alan 97
Did NE Jade get sun burned on his imaginary Gal... 6 min Frankie Rizzo 6
News 10 Questions for Christians Who Support Gay Mar... 6 min Reverend Alan 54
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 8 min Frankie Rizzo 7,104
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 13 min AMERICA UNDER GOD 387
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? 15 min Synque 144
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 16 min Suculent-dry 34,055
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 2 hr Fa-Foxy 596
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Reverend Alan 22,898
News Huckabee: 'Redefinition of love' threatens marr... 5 hr Rainbow Kid 49
More from around the web