Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first Western state w...

Hawaii , the state that adopted the nation's first "defense of marriage" constitutional amendment a decade ago, has now become the latest battleground in the fight for same-sex civil unions. Full Story
Milo

Ashburn, VA

#16422 Feb 28, 2012
And Marry-land makes it a Great Eight!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#16423 Feb 28, 2012
Milo wrote:
And Marry-land makes it a Great Eight!!!
One is pleased.
Mary Lande

United States

#16424 Mar 1, 2012
"The first state law defining marriage as a union between a man and woman was adopted by Maryland in 1973."

How times have changed!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#16425 Mar 1, 2012
Mary Lande wrote:
"The first state law defining marriage as a union between a man and woman was adopted by Maryland in 1973."
How times have changed!
One is still pleased.

“Country Girl”

Since: Oct 11

Elmo''s World

#16426 Mar 1, 2012
ooookkkkkk
MEE2

Tokyo, Japan

#16428 Mar 3, 2012
Please to be too!
Our Next President

Bethel, CT

#16429 May 10, 2012
My name is Barack Obama, and I endorse this message!
Obama Homosexual

California City, CA

#16431 Jun 17, 2012
I just love an illegal beaner in my butt.
Rhode Island

New Britain, CT

#16433 Jan 25, 2013
Here!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16434 Jan 25, 2013
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are a direct defective failure of the primary purpose of evolution. Literally 'unmarriage'.

Smile.
The Supremes

Seymour, CT

#16435 Apr 3, 2013
You CAN hurry love, you don't have to wait...after June, that is, when SCOTUS will approve!!

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#16436 Apr 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are a direct defective failure of the primary purpose of evolution. Literally 'unmarriage'.
Smile.
Ahh I see they let you out again.

It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, jew or gentile, Catholic or Protestant, Hindu, Sikh or Muslim, Buddhist Taoist Atheist or agnostic. Rock n' roll, R&B, funk, dance, electronica, jazz, country or western. Black, white Hispanic or Asian. This marriage proposal might make you cry.

And anyone who even SNIFFLES watching this can't deny they don't understand SAME SEX MARRIAGE isn't any different than what they see here in this AWESOME proposal (I love how he just kneels and waits for her answer, never says a word. I'm So Jealous)

It ain't the equipment any of us (gay or straight) want to commit to. It's the person INSIDE the body.

Location hidden

#16437 Apr 4, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh I see they let you out again.
It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, jew or gentile, Catholic or Protestant, Hindu, Sikh or Muslim, Buddhist Taoist Atheist or agnostic. Rock n' roll, R&B, funk, dance, electronica, jazz, country or western. Black, white Hispanic or Asian. This marriage proposal might make you cry.
And anyone who even SNIFFLES watching this can't deny they don't understand SAME SEX MARRIAGE isn't any different than what they see here in this AWESOME proposal (I love how he just kneels and waits for her answer, never says a word. I'm So Jealous)
It ain't the equipment any of us (gay or straight) want to commit to. It's the person INSIDE the body.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cP-RDUmvBmUXX
Have no problem with love or commitment or even contracts.

But none of that changes the distinction of marriage from all other friendships.

Inside or out, ss couples are ever only a duplicated half of marriage.

Smile.

DNF

#16438 Apr 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But none of that changes the distinction of marriage from all other friendships.
Smile.
Explain what distinguishes a "real marriage" in your mind. Procreation? That makes a lot of Senior citizens marriages "fake marriages" And if you insist only a man and woman make a real marriage then explain how a gay man marrying a straight woman and not informing her isn't a fake marriage.

Many are now trying to make the claim that SSC are only marrying for the benefits. Odd that I don't see you complaining about marriages with pre-nups being nothing but fake marriages for benefits. And what about women who marry just so their children have a "father figure". Sounds like a marriage for benefits to me.

The reason gays and lesbians want marriage equality is because we want the same rights and benefits and responsibilities our government gave our parents. We marry for the same reason our parents and anyone else does.

Location hidden

#16439 Apr 9, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Explain what distinguishes a "real marriage" in your mind. Procreation? That makes a lot of Senior citizens marriages "fake marriages" And if you insist only a man and woman make a real marriage then explain how a gay man marrying a straight woman and not informing her isn't a fake marriage.
Many are now trying to make the claim that SSC are only marrying for the benefits. Odd that I don't see you complaining about marriages with pre-nups being nothing but fake marriages for benefits. And what about women who marry just so their children have a "father figure". Sounds like a marriage for benefits to me.
The reason gays and lesbians want marriage equality is because we want the same rights and benefits and responsibilities our government gave our parents. We marry for the same reason our parents and anyone else does.
I have explained the basic essence of marriage. You can't meet it, so you want to just ignore it.

Problem is, real marriages are practiced in every culture around the world. Have been for over 8000 years.

Moreover, there are always abuses of good things. That doesn't disqualify those that marry for the right reasons. Nor do those failures justify allowing violently duplicated half to claim identity. It is amazing that you are using people who abuse marriage to justify calling ss couples married...

Smile.
8000 YEARS

Seymour, CT

#16440 Apr 9, 2013
So you are saying arranged marriage/polyandry/polygymy/ex ogamy/exchange of goods for bride/sister or daughter exchange/pubescent brides should all be the norm?

All of these currently-frowned-upon types of marrage have existed in various societies over the past 8000 years. Ever hear of Nero? Multiple times as both bride AND groom including groom to a pre-pubescent boy. There is at least one reference in medieval church documents to male/male marriage.

So to which of these particular 8000 years are you referring?

Location hidden

#16441 Apr 9, 2013
8000 YEARS wrote:
So you are saying arranged marriage/polyandry/polygymy/ex ogamy/exchange of goods for bride/sister or daughter exchange/pubescent brides should all be the norm?
Where did I say that?
8000 YEARS wrote:
All of these currently-frowned-upon types of marrage have existed in various societies over the past 8000 years. Ever hear of Nero? Multiple times as both bride AND groom including groom to a pre-pubescent boy. There is at least one reference in medieval church documents to male/male marriage.
So to which of these particular 8000 years are you referring?
And are frowned upon. Not as much as ss couples, but still rare.

Nero claimed to be married two times. It was never legally recognized and he was mocked by his own political peers for it. You were saying...

Arranged marriage is more common today than not. In fact, studies have shown it creates the strongest and happiest marriages. Check it out.

Two names, claimed to both be male, pulled out of a little church in Spain. At the same time, two females were run out of Spain for claiming to be married. You calling that proof of what?

I'm referring to the incredibly vast majority in every culture that were a man and a woman. Still the case today.

Smile.

DNF

#16443 Apr 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
I have explained the basic essence of marriage. You can't meet it, so you want to just ignore it.
Problem is, real marriages are practiced in every culture around the world. Have been for over 8000 years.
Moreover, there are always abuses of good things. That doesn't disqualify those that marry for the right reasons. Nor do those failures justify allowing violently duplicated half to claim identity. It is amazing that you are using people who abuse marriage to justify calling ss couples married...
Smile.
In other words you see that your explanation of a "real marriage" is full of holes so you write another non response.

Got it. BTW you still have yet to explain how you know the fetus you absorbed in-utero was a lesbian.

We're done.

DNF

#16444 Apr 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
<quoted text>
Nero claimed to be married two times. It was never legally recognized and he was mocked by his own political peers for it. You were saying...
Arranged marriage is more common today than not. In fact, studies have shown it creates the strongest and happiest marriages. Check it out.
Two names, claimed to both be male, pulled out of a little church in Spain. At the same time, two females were run out of Spain for claiming to be married. You calling that proof of what?
I'm referring to the incredibly vast majority in every culture that were a man and a woman. Still the case today.
Smile.
The over 50% worldwide divorce rate shows your "vast majority" for what it is. Fantasy on your part.

Location hidden

#16445 Apr 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
<quoted text>
Smile.
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The over 50% worldwide divorce rate shows your "vast majority" for what it is. Fantasy on your part.
I thought we were 'done'.

Your statistic is wrong.

No-fault (easy) divorce brought about a devastating rise in divorce. That was the last time the government intervened in marriage...

Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sugarland, promoter settle with state fair victims 5 min Homo1 10
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 7 min Louis 1,214
Apple CEO Donating to Gay Rights Campaign in South 10 min Louis 10
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Brian_G 5,454
ACLU drops Wisconsin gay marriage lawsuit 22 min Pope Bennie s Closet 4
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 25 min Pope Bennie s Closet 4,993
Alaska's 1st known gay marriage in Arctic town 29 min Pope Bennie s Closet 44
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 45 min KiMerde 2,834
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 1 hr chris toal 26,681
More from around the web