Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first Western state w...

Full story: The Morning Call

Hawaii , the state that adopted the nation's first "defense of marriage" constitutional amendment a decade ago, has now become the latest battleground in the fight for same-sex civil unions.
Comments
15,541 - 15,560 of 16,144 Comments Last updated Jun 25, 2014
Milo

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16422
Feb 28, 2012
 
And Marry-land makes it a Great Eight!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16423
Feb 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Milo wrote:
And Marry-land makes it a Great Eight!!!
One is pleased.
Mary Lande

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16424
Mar 1, 2012
 
"The first state law defining marriage as a union between a man and woman was adopted by Maryland in 1973."

How times have changed!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16425
Mar 1, 2012
 
Mary Lande wrote:
"The first state law defining marriage as a union between a man and woman was adopted by Maryland in 1973."
How times have changed!
One is still pleased.

“Country Girl”

Since: Oct 11

Elmo''s World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16426
Mar 1, 2012
 
ooookkkkkk
MEE2

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16428
Mar 3, 2012
 
Please to be too!
Our Next President

Bethel, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16429
May 10, 2012
 
My name is Barack Obama, and I endorse this message!
Obama Homosexual

California City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16431
Jun 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I just love an illegal beaner in my butt.
Rhode Island

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16433
Jan 25, 2013
 
Here!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16434
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Gay couples are a direct defective failure of the primary purpose of evolution. Literally 'unmarriage'.

Smile.
The Supremes

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16435
Apr 3, 2013
 
You CAN hurry love, you don't have to wait...after June, that is, when SCOTUS will approve!!

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16436
Apr 3, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
Marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Gay couples are a direct defective failure of the primary purpose of evolution. Literally 'unmarriage'.
Smile.
Ahh I see they let you out again.

It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, jew or gentile, Catholic or Protestant, Hindu, Sikh or Muslim, Buddhist Taoist Atheist or agnostic. Rock n' roll, R&B, funk, dance, electronica, jazz, country or western. Black, white Hispanic or Asian. This marriage proposal might make you cry.

And anyone who even SNIFFLES watching this can't deny they don't understand SAME SEX MARRIAGE isn't any different than what they see here in this AWESOME proposal (I love how he just kneels and waits for her answer, never says a word. I'm So Jealous)

It ain't the equipment any of us (gay or straight) want to commit to. It's the person INSIDE the body.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16437
Apr 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh I see they let you out again.
It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, jew or gentile, Catholic or Protestant, Hindu, Sikh or Muslim, Buddhist Taoist Atheist or agnostic. Rock n' roll, R&B, funk, dance, electronica, jazz, country or western. Black, white Hispanic or Asian. This marriage proposal might make you cry.
And anyone who even SNIFFLES watching this can't deny they don't understand SAME SEX MARRIAGE isn't any different than what they see here in this AWESOME proposal (I love how he just kneels and waits for her answer, never says a word. I'm So Jealous)
It ain't the equipment any of us (gay or straight) want to commit to. It's the person INSIDE the body.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cP-RDUmvBmUXX
Have no problem with love or commitment or even contracts.

But none of that changes the distinction of marriage from all other friendships.

Inside or out, ss couples are ever only a duplicated half of marriage.

Smile.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16438
Apr 9, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no problem with love or commitment or even contracts.
But none of that changes the distinction of marriage from all other friendships.
Inside or out, ss couples are ever only a duplicated half of marriage.
Smile.
Explain what distinguishes a "real marriage" in your mind. Procreation? That makes a lot of Senior citizens marriages "fake marriages" And if you insist only a man and woman make a real marriage then explain how a gay man marrying a straight woman and not informing her isn't a fake marriage.

Many are now trying to make the claim that SSC are only marrying for the benefits. Odd that I don't see you complaining about marriages with pre-nups being nothing but fake marriages for benefits. And what about women who marry just so their children have a "father figure". Sounds like a marriage for benefits to me.

The reason gays and lesbians want marriage equality is because we want the same rights and benefits and responsibilities our government gave our parents. We marry for the same reason our parents and anyone else does.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16439
Apr 9, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no problem with love or commitment or even contracts.
But none of that changes the distinction of marriage from all other friendships.
Inside or out, ss couples are ever only a duplicated half of marriage.
Smile.
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Explain what distinguishes a "real marriage" in your mind. Procreation? That makes a lot of Senior citizens marriages "fake marriages" And if you insist only a man and woman make a real marriage then explain how a gay man marrying a straight woman and not informing her isn't a fake marriage.
Many are now trying to make the claim that SSC are only marrying for the benefits. Odd that I don't see you complaining about marriages with pre-nups being nothing but fake marriages for benefits. And what about women who marry just so their children have a "father figure". Sounds like a marriage for benefits to me.
The reason gays and lesbians want marriage equality is because we want the same rights and benefits and responsibilities our government gave our parents. We marry for the same reason our parents and anyone else does.
I have explained the basic essence of marriage. You can't meet it, so you want to just ignore it.

Problem is, real marriages are practiced in every culture around the world. Have been for over 8000 years.

Moreover, there are always abuses of good things. That doesn't disqualify those that marry for the right reasons. Nor do those failures justify allowing violently duplicated half to claim identity. It is amazing that you are using people who abuse marriage to justify calling ss couples married...

Smile.
8000 YEARS

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16440
Apr 9, 2013
 
So you are saying arranged marriage/polyandry/polygymy/ex ogamy/exchange of goods for bride/sister or daughter exchange/pubescent brides should all be the norm?

All of these currently-frowned-upon types of marrage have existed in various societies over the past 8000 years. Ever hear of Nero? Multiple times as both bride AND groom including groom to a pre-pubescent boy. There is at least one reference in medieval church documents to male/male marriage.

So to which of these particular 8000 years are you referring?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16441
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

8000 YEARS wrote:
So you are saying arranged marriage/polyandry/polygymy/ex ogamy/exchange of goods for bride/sister or daughter exchange/pubescent brides should all be the norm?
Where did I say that?
8000 YEARS wrote:
All of these currently-frowned-upon types of marrage have existed in various societies over the past 8000 years. Ever hear of Nero? Multiple times as both bride AND groom including groom to a pre-pubescent boy. There is at least one reference in medieval church documents to male/male marriage.
So to which of these particular 8000 years are you referring?
And are frowned upon. Not as much as ss couples, but still rare.

Nero claimed to be married two times. It was never legally recognized and he was mocked by his own political peers for it. You were saying...

Arranged marriage is more common today than not. In fact, studies have shown it creates the strongest and happiest marriages. Check it out.

Two names, claimed to both be male, pulled out of a little church in Spain. At the same time, two females were run out of Spain for claiming to be married. You calling that proof of what?

I'm referring to the incredibly vast majority in every culture that were a man and a woman. Still the case today.

Smile.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16443
Apr 10, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no problem with love or commitment or even contracts.
But none of that changes the distinction of marriage from all other friendships.
Inside or out, ss couples are ever only a duplicated half of marriage.
Smile.
<quoted text>
I have explained the basic essence of marriage. You can't meet it, so you want to just ignore it.
Problem is, real marriages are practiced in every culture around the world. Have been for over 8000 years.
Moreover, there are always abuses of good things. That doesn't disqualify those that marry for the right reasons. Nor do those failures justify allowing violently duplicated half to claim identity. It is amazing that you are using people who abuse marriage to justify calling ss couples married...
Smile.
In other words you see that your explanation of a "real marriage" is full of holes so you write another non response.

Got it. BTW you still have yet to explain how you know the fetus you absorbed in-utero was a lesbian.

We're done.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16444
Apr 10, 2013
 
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
<quoted text>
And are frowned upon. Not as much as ss couples, but still rare.
Nero claimed to be married two times. It was never legally recognized and he was mocked by his own political peers for it. You were saying...
Arranged marriage is more common today than not. In fact, studies have shown it creates the strongest and happiest marriages. Check it out.
Two names, claimed to both be male, pulled out of a little church in Spain. At the same time, two females were run out of Spain for claiming to be married. You calling that proof of what?
I'm referring to the incredibly vast majority in every culture that were a man and a woman. Still the case today.
Smile.
The over 50% worldwide divorce rate shows your "vast majority" for what it is. Fantasy on your part.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16445
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that?
<quoted text>
And are frowned upon. Not as much as ss couples, but still rare.
Nero claimed to be married two times. It was never legally recognized and he was mocked by his own political peers for it. You were saying...
Arranged marriage is more common today than not. In fact, studies have shown it creates the strongest and happiest marriages. Check it out.
Two names, claimed to both be male, pulled out of a little church in Spain. At the same time, two females were run out of Spain for claiming to be married. You calling that proof of what?
I'm referring to the incredibly vast majority in every culture that were a man and a woman. Still the case today.
Smile.
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The over 50% worldwide divorce rate shows your "vast majority" for what it is. Fantasy on your part.
I thought we were 'done'.

Your statistic is wrong.

No-fault (easy) divorce brought about a devastating rise in divorce. That was the last time the government intervened in marriage...

Smirk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas: Gay-marriage ban best for children 31 min Democratic USA 745
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 34 min Mississippi Man 49,266
Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage 58 min Frankie Rizzo 3,971
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 67,876
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Gerbil 54,826
Biggest Gay Lies 1 hr Gerbil 1,541
HIV is a Gay Disease (Oct '06) 2 hr lgbt is silly 285
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 5 hr Frankie Rizzo 154

Search the Gay/Lesbian Forum:
•••