Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#681 Jul 22, 2013
Homosexuality is a sin of the flesh. The flesh is at enemity with God. All Christians are to repent of sin and turn away from behaviour that is disgusting and vile in the sight of God. There are some sins that are more abhorrent to God and he does have hatred toward same sex relationships. The ways of the flesh will lead to hell fire if repentance does not take place. Jesus Christ has been given power to forgive all manner of sin if sinners repent and ask for his help and foriveness. That is just the way it is. If you want to go with Jesus, you must not adhere to what is an abomination in the sight of God, no matter what you think or feel about it.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#682 Jul 22, 2013
We've still got some tidying up to do in the UK. 26 bishops get to sit in our upper house unelected. When the pressure to add unelected imams grows, the best thing to do will be to remove the bishops from the legislature.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we need a separation between church and state b/c people are too easily influenced and corruptible.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#683 Jul 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Homosexuality is a sin of the flesh. The flesh is at enemity with God. All Christians are to repent of sin and turn away from behaviour that is disgusting and vile in the sight of God. There are some sins that are more abhorrent to God and he does have hatred toward same sex relationships. The ways of the flesh will lead to hell fire if repentance does not take place. Jesus Christ has been given power to forgive all manner of sin if sinners repent and ask for his help and foriveness. That is just the way it is. If you want to go with Jesus, you must not adhere to what is an abomination in the sight of God, no matter what you think or feel about it.
You misspelled "behaviour", there is no "u" in this country.

How do you feel about "the loophole"?

Since: Jul 13

Almada, Portugal

#684 Jul 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Thank you for the advice but i think I'll pass.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#685 Jul 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT also misspelt "enemity", there is no second "e" in this country or yours.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled "behaviour", there is no "u" in this country.
How do you feel about "the loophole"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5VRxlBVmvM4XX

Everett, WA

#686 Jul 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
FREE SERVANT also misspelt "enemity", there is no second "e" in this country or yours.
<quoted text>
Yes, I didn't want to tear the whole thing apart. Sometimes religious American's try to use British spelling to give a word extra impact. There is his use of "behaviour", in a very related way there is the spelling of "Saviour" (always with an upper case "S" of course). There are probably others, but I can't think of them right now.

Check out the video. You will enjoy it.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#687 Jul 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I didn't want to tear the whole thing apart. Sometimes religious American's try to use British spelling to give a word extra impact. There is his use of "behaviour", in a very related way there is the spelling of "Saviour" (always with an upper case "S" of course). There are probably others, but I can't think of them right now.
I don't have spell check on my phone, I am doing this on the fly.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#688 Jul 22, 2013
Good effort! Affords a whole new meaning to "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)"
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#690 Jul 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Try telling that to Thomas Jefferson, one of the two main authors of the Constitution:[] http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html
From the citation above:

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.
Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#691 Jul 22, 2013
CH2O2 wrote:
Except the available data suggests the opposite. Even if homossexuality is not caused by a single gene, homossexuals and individuals with homossexual relatives tend to produce a higher number of homossexual offspring when compared with the general population.
This sort of data is utterly unreliable.

The prevalence of homosexuality among similar genetic groups in San Francisco vs Wyoming would result in wildly different data being collected.

Especially going back generations.

The male offspring of male homosexuals are no more likely to be homosexual than the male offspring of a heterosexual. Male homosexuality is determined by the MOTHER not the father.

Further, it's not a genetic trait in the offspring, but rather a condition of the mother's pregnancy.

Could the cause of this condition have a genetic component? Maybe. However, the trigger for such a component is multiple male children, so in order to "breed it out" you would have to allow a woman to have enough children until one comes out gay, then sterilize the entire lineage lest her heterosexual sons pass along this alleged gene to their female offspring who then would not be gay, but would potentially produce gay offspring assuming they had enough male children.

The point is this: When people talk about a "gay gene" they are talking about something which is present IN the gay male, which can be tested for and or selected out.

That's not the case here. Gay men are not caused by a gay gene present in them. Testing them for such a gene is fruitless.

Testing women to try and isolate such a gene would likely be fruitless as well, as a woman who is a carrier may not have sufficient children to trigger. Or she may have sufficient children who have not admitted their homosexuality. Or she may have only girls. etc etc etc.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#692 Jul 22, 2013
The Bible tells us that with every temptation there will be a way of escape. If we pray as Jesus taught us, to be delivered from evil, over time we can be made free of anything we know is wrong.

Everett, WA

#693 Jul 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>From the citation above:
I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.
Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
What does that have to do with the subject?

You are ignoring the part that debunked your cliam.

Everett, WA

#694 Jul 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Good effort! Affords a whole new meaning to "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)"
<quoted text>
Ouch!
Amused

Gloucester, MA

#695 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. That would demonstrate that Christians really don't understand Vishnu.
Then we can add Vishnu to a very, very long list entitled "Things Christians Don't Understand". I think the bible itself is on that list.
Amused

Gloucester, MA

#696 Jul 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us that with every temptation there will be a way of escape. If we pray as Jesus taught us, to be delivered from evil, over time we can be made free of anything we know is wrong.
The bible also tells you to kill anyone who works on the sabbath. Do you follow that command as well?

The bible also tells you to kill children who sass their parents. Do you follow that command as well?

The bible tells you that foreskins make an excellent dowry. Do you agree?

The bible tells you not to eat pork products or shell fish. Do you eat them?

The bible tells you not to wear clothing made of two different fibers. If we check your closet, will your clothes please Jehovah?

If not, why do you think you can pick and choose which commands to obey and which to ignore?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#697 Jul 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I wrote:
There's nothing wrong with homosexual or homosexuality but that doesn't mean we have to rewrite marriage laws.
Actually?

It does **exactly** mean we **must** rewrite marriage laws!

Religious bigotry cannot be enforced by hatelaws.

And anti-homosexual **anything** is religious bigotry...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#698 Jul 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Nice list, by the way :)
<quoted text>
Thank you. I was a member of C. Dennis McKinsey's Biblical Errancy Panel for over 20 years. All issues of Biblical Errancy are still circulating on the internet. I promised Dennis before his death that I would continue getting this information in front of theists for the purpose of getting them to stop claiming the Bible is the word of their imaginary invisible sky fairy.
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#699 Jul 22, 2013
Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible also tells you to kill anyone who works on the sabbath. Do you follow that command as well?
The bible also tells you to kill children who sass their parents. Do you follow that command as well?
The bible tells you that foreskins make an excellent dowry. Do you agree?
The bible tells you not to eat pork products or shell fish. Do you eat them?
The bible tells you not to wear clothing made of two different fibers. If we check your closet, will your clothes please Jehovah?
If not, why do you think you can pick and choose which commands to obey and which to ignore?
Have you ever read the commands of Jesus? Do you know what all the laws and commandments hang on? Did you know that Jesus is lord also of the law?
FREE SERVANT

Ashburn, VA

#701 Jul 22, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually?
It does **exactly** mean we **must** rewrite marriage laws!
Religious bigotry cannot be enforced by hatelaws.
And anti-homosexual **anything** is religious bigotry...
Is anything perverted or out of the question in marriage laws?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#702 Jul 22, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
All Christians are to ... turn away from behaviour that is disgusting and vile in the sight of God. If you want to go with Jesus, you must not adhere to what is an abomination in the sight of God, no matter what you think or feel about it.
Prov. 6:16 says, "there are 6 things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him" and the 19th verse says one of these is, "...a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers."

1 Peter 4:15 KJV, "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters."

TITUS 3:9-10 ("But avoid stupid controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels over the law, for they are unprofitable and futile. As for a man who is factious, after admonishing him once or twice, have nothing more to do with him...."),

You post here FS for one purpose and that is to stir dissension among brothers. You are a busybody in other men's matters and after you admonish gays for being gay once or twice, you continue to admonish repeatedly.

You are an evil, vile abomination in the eyes of God and we all know it.

When you clean up your own act then you might have some credibility telling other people how to live their lives, until then you are just another pew warming bigoted hypocrite with no authority and no credibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snapchat :) 6 min Rainbow Kid 2
News Alabama chief justice waits for judgment day on... 23 min Imprtnrd 31
News I'm traumatised by Trump, says Cher, warning el... 29 min Devils Advocate 23
News The Latest: Alabama chief justice blames a radi... 42 min TerriB1 3
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 1 hr guest 265
News Trump also mocked Rosie O'Donnell for being gay... 6 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
Getting your Friday Freak on with Jade 7 hr Referent Righteou... 1
News Alabama chief justice removed from bench for de... 7 hr Synque 26
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 15 hr antipolicticalcor... 18,588
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 16 hr Pauli 68,998
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 21 hr TomInElPaso 40,519
More from around the web