Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2466 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2114 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you could have found a more civilized and convincing way to have expressed yourself.
There are no guarantees in life; government can not create utopia for any of us, it is just not possible.
If there are 120 men for every 100 women then that forces men to make them selves more desirable or to do with out. Competition is good!
Do we really want the government micro-managing our lives?
Yeah yeah. Cool story.

Polygamy should not be against the law.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2115 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There are perfectly good laws against sex with children. If a man in a same sex marriage molests a child should you persecute his marriage? Well that is what you are doing against polygamy. Prosecute the crime, not the type marriage the criminal is in.
I don't want to "get out there in public and prove your case". I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear and attempts at censorship. You are allowed to do that without "getting out there" and I am too. That's what this forum is for dummy.
You can be very polite, respectful and completely convincing when you want to.

It is an excellent point to prosecute the crime and not the type of marriage; way too often people make up problems to deal with so they do not have to deal with the real problem.

For me there is nothing to discuss; if a man wants to marry two women and the two women want to share the man, why does anyone else have a say?

It is just like abortion.[I hate abortion and wish it did not happen]. The only people who should be involved in the decision to have an abortion is the pregnant woman and her doctor, the government and the church should stay out of the doctors office.

Each of us should decide for ourselves and no one should place their sorry ass on a pedestal and start telling others how to live their lives. To do so is to show hate and contempt for everything America stands for.

Location hidden

#2116 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That just wouldn't be me. And you do want to allow me to be me, right?
Alright fruitloops. Very good. You be you and I'll be me.
I do not want to be in a position to allow anyone anything. You have every right to be confrontational and insulting, I was just questioning if it was the best way to get people to agree with your valid and convincing points.

Location hidden

#2117 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah. Cool story.
Polygamy should not be against the law.
I agree, polygamy should not be against the law, and those who passed that law against the peaceful activities of consenting adults should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity with a possible death penalty involved. I have little tolerance for those who violate the rights of others via passing laws against their peaceful behaviour. And I have even less tolerance for those in law enforcement to go brain dead and enforce laws that are against everything America stands for, which is the right of each of us to decide for ourselves.

If I want to smoke pot, marry two women, have sex with a man, pay someone who is not white to have sex with me or drink raw milk, it is my business not the business of anyone else.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2118 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, polygamy should not be against the law, and those who passed that law against the peaceful activities of consenting adults should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity with a possible death penalty involved. I have little tolerance for those who violate the rights of others via passing laws against their peaceful behaviour. And I have even less tolerance for those in law enforcement to go brain dead and enforce laws that are against everything America stands for, which is the right of each of us to decide for ourselves.
If I want to smoke pot, marry two women, have sex with a man, pay someone who is not white to have sex with me or drink raw milk, it is my business not the business of anyone else.
You go girl!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2119 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be very polite, respectful and completely convincing when you want to.
That's what mommy used to say. Then I'd go and be loud and obnoxious and ruin it. Silly me. That was more than 60 years ago. You'd think I'd start listening to that advice, but I fear it is hopeless. Thanks for being my mommy for a moment anyway.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2120 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Peaceful, rights respecting, human beings deserve tolerance if not respect. We all have the right to be left alone. If you want the government snooping around in your neighbors bedroom, then don't be surprised when it starts snooping in yours.
I am not going to take any heroin either, and I wish no one else did, but if you believe in freedom and the rights of the individual, putting people in prison who have different ideas about how they want to live their lives destroys freedom for everyone.
It is well known that I am a non-theist and sometimes an anti-theist when the biblicists quote the Bible to me. However my grandfather was a Mormon and I had two grandmothers. All three of them liked and enjoyed the relationship. It was peaceful and completely normal and natural. No one was being taken advantage of and no one was abused. My father rejected religion and when he met my mother she didn't think much of it either. They got married when she was 17 and he was 25 and they are both still married to each other to this day. In fact they have moved back into our family home which is where I live. For the life of me I can't see anything wrong with the fact that my grandfather and his two wives respected the rights of each other, and everyone else for that matter. So far I have yet to hear one of my aunts or uncles complain about it.
The right thing to do is to leave other people alone and mind ones own business. The worst thing you can do to yourself is pass laws against the peaceful behaviour of of other consenting adults.
Absolute freedom is anarchy. The rules are in place to protect society, NOT individuals. To expect the government to sanction polygamy, with it's well know deleterious effects on society is lunacy. It's not the polygamous families that are the problem, it's all the single men.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2121 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
If there are 120 men for every 100 women then that forces men to make them selves more desirable or to do with out. Competition is good!
How naïve.

What happens is violence and crime and WAR.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2122 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
Rose Feratu wrote: I disagree. Marriage is a matter of public policy, not personal preference. The license to marry is granted by the Government, so they have EVERY right to regulate it.
<quoted text>
If all of your posts were this free of insults Frankie Rizzo you would not be getting such a huge number of "nuts" ratings. I believe a lot of the time it is not what you say but how you say it that gets you these "nuts" ratings.
But to address your comment:
I do not see how anyone could question that it is the same argument used against gay marriage because that is what the pew warming bigots used against gay marriage.
It IS the same argument....DUH!!!!! And both have been litigated. We homosexuals took our case to Court and forced the bigots to show their hand, and what did they have? NOTHING. Judge Walker's Prop 8 decision will be enshrined in every legal textbook. It was SO brilliant, SCOTUS vacated the Court of Appeals decisions.

Polygamy didn't do so well when it had its day in court, and obviously, for very good reason. Bands of roving young men, high on their natural testosterone and no sex? Are you kidding me? If they wish to press their case, they are free to do so. The results will be the same as last time... they will lose... again. Come on now. Don't be greedy. One per person.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2124 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No dummy. They decided marriage DOES NOT have to be heterosexual for social stability. Duh. And it doesn't have to be monogamous either.
Maybe you're too dumb to understand? Then stop making an ass of yourself trying. Find a less challenging thread to flaunt your hypocrisy.
Marriage. There is no one right way.
...and it doesn't have to be monogamous??? Really? The State said that, did they? I don't think so. All they care about is one at a time. They did say it does not serve any interest to deny homosexuals permission to legally marry. Polygamists can take their own case to court.

Doesn't have to be monogamous either.... ahhahahahahahaha

Did you type that with your fingers crossed behind your back?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2125 Sep 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There would be a shortage of women and a surplus of unmarried men for you to diddle with, you should like it.
Why are you a hypocrite?
Do you think everybody is gay except for you?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2126 Sep 8, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it up with the government then loser.
This thread is about gay marriage.
He has no interest in polygamy, other than to use it as a straw man against gay folks marrying ONE person, in the same way that heterosexuals already do.

It's all he has left, and just can't let it go.

Silly stuff, I know.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#2127 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not want to be in a position to allow anyone anything. You have every right to be confrontational and insulting, I was just questioning if it was the best way to get people to agree with your valid and convincing points.
I would like to jump in here and say: yes his points are valid... yes they are convincing. However, incorrect... and yes, off-topic.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#2128 Sep 8, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
English is my second language and I do not understand what you are saying to me. It sounds like a complaint but I am not sure.
What makes someone a busy body is when someone on a public electronic bulletin board says they are gay ...
Once again, in plain language, putting your PRIVATE matters on PUBLIC electronic bulletin boards doesn't make everyone else a "busybody" (in English it's one word).

If you can't understand that, hire a tutor.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2129 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
How naïve.
What happens is violence and crime and WAR.
Egads!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2130 Sep 8, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it up with the government then loser.
This thread is about gay marriage.
No. This is a perfectly good marriage equality thread. And polygamy is a perfectly obvious and appropriate topic in any discussion of marriage equality. Are you afraid of something? Censorship sucks.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2131 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
...and it doesn't have to be monogamous??? Really? The State said that, did they? I don't think so. All they care about is one at a time. They did say it does not serve any interest to deny homosexuals permission to legally marry. Polygamists can take their own case to court.
Doesn't have to be monogamous either.... ahhahahahahahaha
Did you type that with your fingers crossed behind your back?
Did you type that with steam shooting out of your ears? I think so.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. You are a hypocrite.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2132 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think everybody is gay except for you?
No, do you?

P.S. How do you know I'm not gay?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2133 Sep 8, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no interest in polygamy, other than to use it as a straw man against gay folks marrying ONE person, in the same way that heterosexuals already do.
It's all he has left, and just can't let it go.
Silly stuff, I know.
I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear and attempts at censorship.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2134 Sep 8, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS the same argument....DUH!!!!! And both have been litigated. We homosexuals took our case to Court and forced the bigots to show their hand, and what did they have? NOTHING. Judge Walker's Prop 8 decision will be enshrined in every legal textbook. It was SO brilliant, SCOTUS vacated the Court of Appeals decisions.
Polygamy didn't do so well when it had its day in court, and obviously, for very good reason. Bands of roving young men, high on their natural testosterone and no sex? Are you kidding me? If they wish to press their case, they are free to do so. The results will be the same as last time... they will lose... again. Come on now. Don't be greedy. One per person.
That is about as ignorant a statement and belief I have ever read here. Bands of roving young men high on testosterone and no sex!! Get a grip lady. Geez.

Get a grip you ignorant bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 min barry 18,888
News 'Teen Mom 2's' David Eason fired by MTV after a... 5 min Tea Bag Residue C... 23
News The Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival to ... 15 min FART FRIDAY 40
News Panel moves to strike anti-gay phrase in Alabam... 20 min Wondering 8
News How Franklin Graham took the reins from his leg... 36 min Tea Bag Residue C... 31
News Lebanese State Security Member Arrested on Susp... 46 min Tea Bag Residue C... 20
News Catholic schoolteacher in Fla. fired days after... 49 min Tea Bag Residue C... 14
More from around the web