Homosexual marriage is legal

Jun 27, 2013 Read more: www.examiner.com 2,468

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Read more

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1184 Jul 30, 2013
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, the cities did exist, along with several others in the area. what didn't happen, however, is them being destroyed by any deity.
(unless maybe it was the god vulcan)
What tangible proof do you have of the existence of either city?

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#1185 Jul 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You can google the area......there were like 5 Cities in the region, but the funny thing is the bible only mentions 2, yet all 5 were destroyed at the same time......wonder what the other cities did wrong?

This site has some interesting information:
http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2008/04/...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1186 Jul 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
For crying out loud, what tangible evidence do the anti gays have that we are all pedophiles.
What tangible evidence existed about Troy?
Angkor Wot before it was re-discovered?
Machu Picchu? etc.?

I usually have a lot of respect for you and like your posts. In this case you are coming off as intractable as Brian G the Pharisee!

“Electronic graffiti”

Since: Jun 13

Camp Cove

#1187 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>What's with the attitude? Because I said I'm Christian?
I watch History Channel a lot. I was simply saying what I saw on a program about this.
For hundreds of years we thought the city of Troy was a myth.
Rein it in with me dear. I'm on your side. I'm a gay man who identifies as a Christian. Have you any idea the amount of crap I take on that from haters on here and even other gays and lesbians?
If it weren't for the Churches that began supporting us back in the 70's we'd probably not have all the victories we enjoy today.
Neither do I condemn thee...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1188 Jul 31, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do I condemn thee...
Thanks. BTW checked you home page and really like, "Calling other people 'fools'- never made anyone smarter. Except in their own mind.".

Several good friends here on Topix remind me of the more than I'd like them to, but they are right when I do that.

NAMASTE

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1189 Jul 31, 2013
Well well well. Look like the claims by the bigots that civil unions will do the same thing as marriage is unraveling in KY.

Exclusive: Will a lesbian couple be forced to testify against each other?

http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetracker/Exclu...

I hope we get this to be a big buzz on the internet. It will be interesting to hear the usual suspects respond,(Hannity, Limbaugh, Nom, AFA, Robertson, O'Reilly, etc.).

I Love it!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1190 Jul 31, 2013
Well well well. Look like the claims by the bigots that civil unions will do the same thing as marriage is unraveling in KY.

I hope we get this to be a big buzz on the internet. It will be interesting to hear the usual suspects respond,(Hannity, Limbaugh, Nom, AFA, Robertson, O'Reilly, etc.).

I Love it!

PLEASE promote this story everywhere: Facebook Twitter etc.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1191 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
I Love it!
I am a gay Christian. I also don't like to lie. I made a mistake about information in the KY lesbian story. I posted that error on many threads. KY does NOT have a civil unions law.

I am embarrassed that I failed to do the research I so often criticizes others for not doing.

I sinned and now repent that sin.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#1192 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I am a gay Christian. I also don't like to lie. I made a mistake about information in the KY lesbian story. I posted that error on many threads. KY does NOT have a civil unions law.
I am embarrassed that I failed to do the research I so often criticizes others for not doing.
DNF, mistakes happen from the best of us......please don't beat yourself up over it!!!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1194 Jul 31, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
DNF, mistakes happen from the best of us......please don't beat yourself up over it!!!
I am simply doing what I believe I should do. I was wrong and I am admitting it.

But thanks.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1196 Jul 31, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
geological surveys show that they existed exactly where they were supposed to be, and that they were destroyed by a bituminous eruption caused by an earthquake. they were built right on top of a major fault line... the three cities that weren't destroyed were some distance away from where the fire fell.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#1197 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I am a gay Christian. I also don't like to lie. I made a mistake about information in the KY lesbian story. I posted that error on many threads. KY does NOT have a civil unions law.
It was an honest mistake.

“Electronic graffiti”

Camp Cove

#1198 Jul 31, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. BTW checked you home page and really like, "Calling other people 'fools'- never made anyone smarter. Except in their own mind.".
Several good friends here on Topix remind me of the more than I'd like them to, but they are right when I do that.
NAMASTE
Thanks. It is too true around here, sometimes.

Location hidden

#1200 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
geological surveys show that they existed exactly where they were supposed to be, and that they were destroyed by a bituminous eruption caused by an earthquake. they were built right on top of a major fault line... the three cities that weren't destroyed were some distance away from where the fire fell.
Geological surveys show exactly what existed?

Location hidden

#1201 Aug 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Geological surveys show exactly what existed?
the cities of sodom and gomorrah, and how they were destroyed.

Location hidden

#1202 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
How do they show that cities existed?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1203 Aug 1, 2013
I know of at least three mutually exclusive discoveries of Sodom, et al, literally in and around the Dead Sea basin. All small population centers that were suddenly depopulated in cataclysmic fashion, by various causes, in an area in the habit of doing that for thousands of years. The story was a fairly common one for the various groups of folk who for some odd reason, thought that this was a good place to live, survived the next geological plot against human habitation in the area and lived to tell the camp fire story. The Abraham version is only important, in that their God's act against the folk in Sodom etc, that had been here before they showed up and were now all gone, was the basis of their first claim on the land in the area.
Eric

Tahuya, WA

#1204 Aug 4, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Eric, both God and Darwin say mankind began with dirt.
I'm glad you are beginning to edge toward the idea that being gay is no more sinful than being straight is. The number of passages warning about gay sex in the Bible are less than 10. The number of passages warning about straight sex are over 200. Guess God trusts gays more than he trusts straights?
BTW Here's an article I hope you will read:
Six Things Straight People Should Stop Saying about Gay People
http://canyonwalkerconnections.com/six-things...

I'm not going to see it your way, I'm going to see it the way God wrote about it in the Bible. I'm glad you mentioned that Gay marriage is spoken agasin't in the Bible. The fact of the matter is that God is going to judge sinners whether they think he is mean or not period. God hates sin and he judges it we find that example time and again in the Bible. I'm not trying to judge people for their sin thats God's job i'm trying to warn you that if you don't accept Christs salvation you will be judged.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1205 Aug 4, 2013
Eric wrote:
I'm not going to see it your way, I'm going to see it the way God wrote about it in the Bible.
You are going to see it how YOU say "god wrote about it" in the Bible. You can blame God and the Bible all you want, but the truth is you have chosen your beliefs, they aren't God's fault.
Eric wrote:
I'm glad you mentioned that Gay marriage is spoken agasin't in the Bible.
I'm disappointed that you would engage in such false witness, if you have read the Bible, you would know that the subject isn't even mentioned, let alone "spoken against". Such little Christian lies are commandment breakers.
Eric wrote:
The fact of the matter is that God is going to judge sinners whether they think he is mean or not period.
You do realize that you too are a sinner, do you not?
Eric wrote:
God hates sin and he judges it we find that example time and again in the Bible.
All that information available to you and you learned so little.
Eric wrote:
I'm not trying to judge people for their sin thats God's job i'm trying to warn you that if you don't accept Christs salvation you will be judged.
Any assessment on your part of anyone's progress or lack thereof in that direction is you judging. God decides who has gotten it right, you have no say.

Location hidden

#1206 Aug 4, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to see it your way, I'm going to see it the way God wrote about it in the Bible. I'm glad you mentioned that Gay marriage is spoken agasin't in the Bible. The fact of the matter is that God is going to judge sinners whether they think he is mean or not period. God hates sin and he judges it we find that example time and again in the Bible. I'm not trying to judge people for their sin thats God's job i'm trying to warn you that if you don't accept Christs salvation you will be judged.
i sure hate to tell you this, but 'god' didn't write about anything in the bible. it was all written by crusty old men.

and no... gay marriage isn't spoken against in the bible. it's not mentioned at all... except for the marriage between david and jonathan and ruth and naomi, and saul of tarsus and timothy, and daniel and the gay ethopian king... all of which the god of israel blessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 4 min Belle Sexton 2,536
News U.S. corporations pressure two states accused o... 6 min Brian_G 796
News Writer quits Twitter after abuse 13 min Belle Sexton 6
News With eye toward 2016, Kasich considers message 18 min Belle Sexton 3
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 20 min Belle Sexton 59,238
News The Supreme Court's big gay-marriage case could... 58 min Belle Sexton 8
News Youths tackle gay marriage issue 1 hr Belle Sexton 1
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 3 hr Fa-Foxy 197
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr NoahLovesU 19,165
Are the mods fair and balanced? 5 hr Merle 457
News Shop owner will deny - openly gay' customers 13 hr Christians In Nam... 36
More from around the web