Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2468 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1143 Jul 26, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. LMAO
Thank you. A stupid question deserves a stupid answer correct?
Eric

United States

#1144 Jul 26, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your fantasies with us. Jesus died on the cross to show us there is more than life in the world and more than what is written in scripture.
As i recall he said that he came to fulfill the law
Eric

United States

#1145 Jul 26, 2013
Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the rest of Leviticus, then see how many of those laws you follow.
notice it says it is an abomination to God,and God hasn't changed at all with his judgement he judges nations and he judges individuals... And read all the other passages dealing with this in the New Testament
Eric

United States

#1146 Jul 26, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahahaha
hilarious....
How do you intend to verify your 'spend eternity' pipe-dream?
Heaven or hell!!! and no hell is not a bunch of fairy tales that a bunch of judgemental people thought up read the Bible. Or is it to old fashioned?
Eric

Alhambra, CA

#1147 Jul 26, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairy tales...... and not even original fairy tales.
p.s. Human sacrifice is barbaric.
if the Bible is all that you seem to think it is go to Sodom, and Gommorah and see if you find a thriving city.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#1148 Jul 26, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> notice it says it is an abomination to God,and God hasn't changed at all with his judgement he judges nations and he judges individuals... And read all the other passages dealing with this in the New Testament
Trimmed your beard lately?

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#1149 Jul 26, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. A stupid question deserves a stupid answer correct?
My mother always said so.
:D

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#1150 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> if the Bible is all that you seem to think it is go to Sodom, and Gommorah and see if you find a thriving city.
What does the Sodom myth have to do with gay folks marrying? There isn't any mention of gay people in the story at all.

And the towns people weren't determined to marry the Angels and form loving families, now were they?

Location hidden

#1151 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Heaven or hell!!! and no hell is not a bunch of fairy tales that a bunch of judgemental people thought up read the Bible. Or is it to old fashioned?
And living a law-abiding productive life, falling in love, forming families, and legally marrying will send everyone to Hell?

How does that work?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1152 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
notice it says it is an abomination to God,and God hasn't changed at all with his judgement he judges nations and he judges individuals... And read all the other passages dealing with this in the New Testament
Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

You may want to read this particular list carefully, you are on it.

Location hidden

#1153 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> notice it says it is an abomination to God,and God hasn't changed at all with his judgement he judges nations and he judges individuals... And read all the other passages dealing with this in the New Testament
There are no verses in the Bible dealing with gay folks, or our marriages. Not a one. There is no mention at all of people who can only be attracted to the same gedner.

And, no, you can't quote Leviticus unless you personally follow ALL of the holiness code for ancient Hebrew priests yourself.

Otherwise, you would just be a hypocrite.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1154 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> As i recall he said that he came to fulfill the law
He didn't actually say that. That is a translation. In the translation it says he fulfilled the Law of the Prophets. What does that actually mean? He disregarded many religious purity codes written in the Law of Moses. He disregarded divorce dispensations. He touched those who were unclean. He chastised the scribes and religious leaders who followed the Law of Moses. His words and actions show that he intended to change the Law of Moses. Was Jesus a liar?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#1155 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Heaven or hell!!! and no hell is not a bunch of fairy tales that a bunch of judgemental people thought up read the Bible. Or is it to old fashioned?
Yes, hell IS a fairy tale. How can you possibly verify that it exists? YOU CAN'T, so STFU about it. NOBODY in this country is required to swallow your stupid religious beliefs.

Isn't it odd that Jews wrote the Buybull and Jews don't believe in hell????
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#1156 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
Too old fashioned???? Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo 2,000+ years old makes it way more than old fashioned.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#1157 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> if the Bible is all that you seem to think it is go to Sodom, and Gommorah and see if you find a thriving city.
I'll do that as soon as you visit Middle Earth and speak to a hobbit.

Those two cities NEVER existed.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1158 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
So what you are saying is that Paul got to pick what parts of the OT to push and what parts to ignore.

Got it.

Yet Paul also says there is no male and no female, no Jew, no gentile, that we are all one in Jesus.

Are you now saying Paul lied?

To paraphrase the words of Hulk Hogan:
"whatcha gonna do when Judge-O-mania runs wild on you?”

Matthew 25:31-46
The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Better start looking for that Get OUT of HELL free card, Eric!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1159 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
Rose Feratu's choice of religion is none of your business or mine. And as for me, I like the "old fashioned idea" of heaven. Everyone being nice and getting along.

Thing is I've lived here in THIS world with souls like yours and I have serious doubts that a leopard's spots disappear when it gets to heaven.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1160 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
Let's look at what the Bible says is the sin of Sodom.

Ezekiel 16:49
"'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Also check:
What Was the Sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?
http://www.str.org/articles/what-was-the-sin-...

then compare that with:
The Sin of Sodom
Serious Questions and Bible Answers about the Homosexual Movement
https://www.google.com/search...

The second mentions 1 Kings 14:24 and 2 Kings 23:7. Here is what the Biblegateway has for these passages:

1 Kings 14:24
New International Version (©2011)
There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites.

New Living Translation (©2007)
There were even male and female shrine prostitutes throughout the land. The people imitated the detestable practices of the pagan nations the LORD had driven from the land ahead of the Israelites.

English Standard Version (©2001)
and there were also male cult prostitutes in the land. They did according to all the abominations of the nations that the LORD drove out before the people of Israel.

2 Kings 23:7

New International Version (©2011)
He also tore down the quarters of the male shrine prostitutes that were in the temple of the LORD, the quarters where women did weaving for Asherah.

New Living Translation (©2007)
He also tore down the living quarters of the male and female shrine prostitutes that were inside the Temple of the LORD, where the women wove coverings for the Asherah pole.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And he broke down the houses of the male cult prostitutes who were in the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the Asherah.

Imagine THAT! It was worshiping pagan gods and taking part in forced prostitution rituals that GOD'S WORD SAYS is what caused God to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Not because of homosexuals.

BIBLE BELIEVERS.com LIES about what the passages actually say!

Maybe you should study the Bible from more sources than just the anti-gay web sites.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1161 Jul 27, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Sodom myth have to do with gay folks marrying? There isn't any mention of gay people in the story at all.
And the towns people weren't determined to marry the Angels and form loving families, now were they?
That part never made sense to me. The townspeople were supposed to be able to over power two angels and rape them? Jacob had a lot of trouble wrestling with an angel so I'm fairly certain the angels in this story weren't about to be raped.

What DOES make sense is that a walled city in that time was wary of strangers and definitely people who got in without permission.

Wow sounds just like the USA today!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1162 Jul 27, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, hell IS a fairy tale. How can you possibly verify that it exists? YOU CAN'T, so STFU about it. NOBODY in this country is required to swallow your stupid religious beliefs.
Isn't it odd that Jews wrote the Buybull and Jews don't believe in hell????
My Mom always said "Hell is here on Earth". After reading all the 'christian love' from these homophobes I think she's right!

Just keep asking them where they get the GET OUT OF HELL FREE Card when it comes to Matthew 25 and Luke 10 (The parables of the Goats and the Sheep and the Good Samaritan respectively)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 7 min Sneaky Pete 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 32 min Respect71 38,892
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 41 min Strel 16,122
News This Florida Teacher Strapped on a Dildo to Tea... (Dec '15) 2 hr Carlos 11
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 3 hr Federal Contracto... 94
News Egyptian Police Using Gay Dating Apps To Hunt Gays 4 hr david traversa 3
News Clooney's restraining order 5 hr Here is what I 57
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 6 hr JODECKO 147
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 10 hr Mite Be 27
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 11 hr WasteWater 49
More from around the web