Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2468 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#86 Jun 28, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Joe sweetie, no place of worship, nor cleric therein, can be forced to perform any marriage which does not meet their faith's requirements for one, not even for opposite sex couples.
Do you call Joe 'sweetie' because you love and respect him?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#87 Jun 28, 2013
Trisha wrote:
Do you call Joe 'sweetie' because you love and respect him?
I do love him as I love all of my fellow human beings. I hate no one. I respect his right to his opinion, I don't respect his opinion. Joe gets the joke. He knows we're taking turns writing to one another on the walls of the internet equivalent of one of your not so finer truck stop restrooms.

Location hidden

#88 Jun 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I do love him as I love all of my fellow human beings. I hate no one. I respect his right to his opinion, I don't respect his opinion. Joe gets the joke. He knows we're taking turns writing to one another on the walls of the internet equivalent of one of your not so finer truck stop restrooms.
No doubt Joe gets it, he has a sense of humor.

I just felt you were over using it and it kind of lost it's humor and felt a bit antagonistic.

It made me wonder...

this one

#89 Jun 29, 2013
Nothing you read here should be taken seriously, let alone personally.

Location hidden

#90 Jun 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Ah...I do hope people take my posts seriously.

:)
NoBuddy

Indianapolis, IN

#91 Jun 29, 2013
Marriage has been MARred for generations. Welcome to the club.
Welcome California Num13

Tempe, AZ

#92 Jun 29, 2013
Scent of Memories wrote:
But how can they make babies ?? Good , they can end themselves by themselves.
Hey oh great ignorant one! Gays don't procreate true,but they don't need to when us heterosexuals keep giving birth to them! D-U-H!!! LOL
Welcome California Num13

Tempe, AZ

#93 Jun 29, 2013
Evidence Is In wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodomy is not legal in the United States. If oral sex, or anal penetration, is observed in public, and if the police are called, and if the police observe the acts of sodomy, the perpetrators will go to jail.
Try to get it right so as not to embarrass yourself.
Anybody gay or straight having any kind of sex in public can be arrested! But sodomy is NOT illegal any longer if done in the privacy of one's own home! Also,34% of us heterosexuals also practice anal sex! Glad I could help!
Welcome California Num13

Tempe, AZ

#94 Jun 29, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry i must not be observant enough, what do you mean?
That this country is NOT a theocracy but is in fact a SECULAR nation! Who cares what your bible says,it has absolutely nothing to do with me! If you wish to force your religious beliefs on others might I suggest you move to a theocracy or start one of your own!

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#96 Jun 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... Its just some Christians that I see as making repulsive moral choices.
They see the same thing of you, but now you call it "abuse".

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#97 Jun 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
... He knows we're taking turns writing to one another on the walls of the internet equivalent of one of your not so finer truck stop restrooms.
He does?

If you and your fellow gays think the world wide web is just a filthy lavatory wall to post obscene messages to others, it explains why you and I so differently express concepts like love and respect.

this one

#99 Jun 29, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
He does?
You don't?!??? Oh, hon, I am so sorry.
Joe DeCaro wrote:
If you and your fellow gays think the world wide web is just a filthy lavatory wall to post obscene messages to others, it explains why you and I so differently express concepts like love and respect.
Buttercup, look around. When was the last time you've run into anyone around here that you knew had even the remotest of influence in the world outside this one? Have you ever? The only ones reading this are us.

“True Blue”

Since: Jun 13

Opal-Hearted Land

#101 Jun 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Not personally, that very good advice.
Zush Zush

Arbil, Iraq

#102 Jun 29, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...I do hope people take my posts seriously.
That's pretty naive or arrogant, considering you have been repeatedly exposed as a liar.

At most you'd be happy and content that people laugh AT you.
Eric

United States

#103 Jun 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently you haven't read them, but the Laws that God gave Moses are written as an all or nothing proposition. Not a buffet where you can take the bits you want and ignore others. The Ten Commandments were just the first set down, He says that there are another 601 you had better obey too. Haven't you read the book? <quoted text>Too bad that God was actually ticked at Roman Christians engaging in idolatry and dumping them off at the all gay orgy was just his way of telling the straight folk that they done wrong. You obviously haven't read the book for yourself, or you would know this. Sure if you take this one verse out of its intended context it sounds like God hates homosexual acts, but HE GAVE THEM OVER TO THEM DEAR. <quoted text>So you pray, but not all Christians agree with you on that. They may not meet your standards for being Christian, but you aren't God. It's His call, not His Christians. <quoted text>In the oldest known copies of Paul's work, he does not use words which his readers would know as meaning same sex sex acts or those who engage in them. His "abusers of themselves with mankind" read to them as a man with a bed. Early Christians taught it as a warning not to play with yourself. He also said "soft", not "effeminate". Thanks for trying though. You can still pray that God hates homosexuality if you want, but don't for a moment imagine that the Bible supports you as much as you pray it does.
Romans 1:26-27 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. next you will explain these verse away!!!
Eric

United States

#104 Jun 29, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently you haven't read them, but the Laws that God gave Moses are written as an all or nothing proposition. Not a buffet where you can take the bits you want and ignore others. The Ten Commandments were just the first set down, He says that there are another 601 you had better obey too. Haven't you read the book? <quoted text>Too bad that God was actually ticked at Roman Christians engaging in idolatry and dumping them off at the all gay orgy was just his way of telling the straight folk that they done wrong. You obviously haven't read the book for yourself, or you would know this. Sure if you take this one verse out of its intended context it sounds like God hates homosexual acts, but HE GAVE THEM OVER TO THEM DEAR. <quoted text>So you pray, but not all Christians agree with you on that. They may not meet your standards for being Christian, but you aren't God. It's His call, not His Christians. <quoted text>In the oldest known copies of Paul's work, he does not use words which his readers would know as meaning same sex sex acts or those who engage in them. His "abusers of themselves with mankind" read to them as a man with a bed. Early Christians taught it as a warning not to play with yourself. He also said "soft", not "effeminate". Thanks for trying though. You can still pray that God hates homosexuality if you want, but don't for a moment imagine that the Bible supports you as much as you pray it does.
Sacrifice morality on the alter of the "rights" of America!!! America is on the brink of destruction unless we wake up!!!!!

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#105 Jun 29, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text> Sacrifice morality on the alter of the "rights" of America!!! America is on the brink of destruction unless we wake up!!!!!
OK ! Thanks for letting us know that ! We weren't sure.:)

In other news, it's HOT here today !
Youssuf

Tunisia

#106 Jun 29, 2013
Yousssuck. All of ya.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#107 Jun 29, 2013
Youssuf wrote:
Yousssuck. All of ya.
And we're GREAT at it !

Truth

Tucker, GA

#108 Jun 29, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>Can you explain why you believe God has separate moral behavioral standards for gay people and straight people? One would think that a behavior that is healthy, moral, and good for straight people would be the same for gay folks.
The Bible can explain it a lot better than I can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min Frankie Rizzo 13,107
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 8 min Turkey Day 967
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 25 min Frankie Rizzo 68,802
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 47 min Ismail 770
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 50 min Respect71 37,356
`Twoday Night JADE Thread 1 hr Juanita 1
News Orlando Democrat: FDA should end ban on gay men... 1 hr Mabel 15
More from around the web