Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2466 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1064 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I take the Catholic Catechism with a grain of salt ...
Catholics don't.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1065 Jul 23, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't.
Except for this part when the person is homosexual, right?

Luke 10:25-37

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying,“Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 He said unto him,“What is written in the law? How readest thou?”

27 And he answering said,“‘Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind, and thy neighbor as thyself.’”

28 And He said unto him,“Thou hast answered right; this do, and thou shalt live.”

29 But he, wanting to justify himself, said unto Jesus,“And who is my neighbor?”

30 And Jesus answering said,“A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his raiment and wounded him and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was. And when he saw him he had compassion on him,

34 and went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host and said unto him,‘Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again I will repay thee.’

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbor unto him that fell among the thieves?”

37 And he said,“He that showed mercy on him.” Then said Jesus unto him,“Go and do thou likewise.”

And this one:
Matt. 25-31-46
(The goats and the sheep)
I'd sure love to know the secret Bible passages Catholics like you posses that gets them a get out of jail free card over that passage and how you actually treat homosexuals and lesbians.

Hey you're Catholic. You can answer those questions easily, right?

So answer them if you'd be so kind.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1066 Jul 23, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't.
You would be surprised.
The REAL Troll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#1067 Jul 23, 2013
DNF wrote:
If I try the same with examiner.com I wonder if they'll revoke my free speech like the New Republic does.
Uh, I trust you mean the FREE (not New) Republic, right?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#1068 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What does dying for sinners actually mean? Can you explain this in your own words?
It means he's less than intelligent.

Gee.... I can't pay my car note. If I get somebody to die , can I get off the hook?

Do these religious nuts even THINK about what they write? I don't think so... they are merely trained parrots.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#1072 Jul 23, 2013
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, clearly you chose not to read what you posted and some how we got this.
...and somehow you remember to breathe.

You have more lies than a Republican Senator.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#1074 Jul 23, 2013
doc wrote:
Wonder why you feel the need to mock a celebrity like Portia de Rossi?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1075 Jul 23, 2013
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
Do you think you are going to miss the point?
I never know, do you think you might have one?
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
SCOTUS did not rule 5-4 in favor of SSM in Cali, they simply decided not to rule based on lacking of standing.
Well, it is completely irrelevant to what I was discussing; which was that no place of worship or cleric could be forced to marry ANYONE not qualified under their faith, regardless of their gender make-up, but I'm aware of what the court ruled in that case. The Supremes themselves made no ruling as to the constitutionality of the amendment, they found that the proponents, no matter what California said, had no standing to appeal the trial court's ruling. The significance of that is that the trial court ruling, Walker's, is the current last word on the subject of its unconstitutionality. Guess what that means?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1076 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be surprised.
I would be if YOU claimed to be Catholic.

Location hidden

#1077 Jul 23, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be if YOU claimed to be Catholic.
How did you guess? So what are you going to do now? Try to get me excommunicated? ROTFLMAO

Location hidden

#1078 Jul 23, 2013
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as a homosexual, unless you think you are an alien from Pluto.
You MAD bro?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1079 Jul 23, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
You MAD bro?
Mentally masturbating, some of his posts might be sticky.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1082 Jul 23, 2013
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think you are going to miss the point? SCOTUS did not rule 5-4 in favor of SSM in Cali, they simply decided not to rule based on lacking of standing.
They also ruled in Windsor that the U.S. Government can't discriminate in marriage laws.

Since the people of CA voted when they entered the Union to obey the U.S. Constitution as the Supreme law of the land, your precious law enacting bigotry was ruled to be unconstitutional.

You no longer have standing.

You lost. Be an adult instead of a 5 y/o throwing temper tantrums and admit your case had no merit.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1083 Jul 24, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you guess? So what are you going to do now?...
Dismiss you as a fraud who doesn't know his own religion and "salts" his own catechism.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1084 Jul 24, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Dismiss you as a fraud who doesn't know his own religion and "salts" his own catechism.
Still haven't found that get out of jail free card for Matt. 25-31-46 have you Joey?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1085 Jul 24, 2013
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as a homosexual, unless you think you are an alien from Pluto.
Then why are you passing laws about them?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1086 Jul 24, 2013
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
Wow talk about batshit crazy. I quote Luke and you come back with "there's no such thing as a homosexual".

Umm that would be Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Tell me again how much you know and follow the Bible.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1087 Jul 24, 2013
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
So you are complaining about a sin that can't exist because the people who commit it don't exist.

The Ugandan solution!(we have no gays here)
The Putin solution(we have no gays here)

And now we have your solution.,(WE have no gays and lesbians so we'll pass laws banning them from marriage)

Keep trying to make more sense honey. This is priceless!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1088 Jul 24, 2013
Portiai the Rossi wrote:
Nope I'm from Earth. But I think it's interesting you feel a need to post responses to things you say don't exist.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#1090 Jul 24, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
Damn Liar DNF, you stinking the whole thread up.
ahhh. You're upset?

Good. my job is almost done

Queer As Folk - Debbie's Lesson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump bans transgender people from military 21 min unicornlover 375
News Catholic Church threatens to fire gay teachers ... 42 min Wondering 29
News Dear Abby: Teen weighs impact of joining school... 44 min Wondering 8
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr Frindly 8,570
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 53,869
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 5 hr Frindly 1,176
News 2 Texas men plead guilty to hate-crime assaults... 5 hr NOM s Waffle House 3
News Alleged Discrimination Against Gay Couple by D.... 7 hr NOM s Waffle House 17
News 12-year-old girl comes out to her Mormon congre... 14 hr Tre H 588
More from around the web