Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2466 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#2723 Sep 20, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why would you favor polygamy. You want to support several at once? What about all the alimony and child support? Who favors that?
He doesn't favor polygamy.... he just enjoys arguing. Evidently he enjoys appearing dumb as a rock, too.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#2724 Sep 20, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't favor polygamy.... he just enjoys arguing. Evidently he enjoys appearing dumb as a rock, too.
What? Does that mean he doesn't really support incest either?

I though maybe he was just trying to show how absurd it is to compare the restrictions on gender to the restrictions on incest and number.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2725 Sep 20, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
If you remove the restriction on number, I wonder if some churches would decide to marry all of the members to each other? 10,000? Why not?
What would be the point? The legal reasons for marriage have changed over the years. Marriage was once meant for the support of women and children along with orderly succession. Today, it has to do with those things to a lesser degree. It is about supporting and raising children, families with and without children, property rights, hospital visitation rights, and inheritance impacts on family members as well as immigration rights. Taxation and immigration are now some of the biggest issues.

Location hidden

#2726 Sep 20, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't favor polygamy.... he just enjoys arguing. Evidently he enjoys appearing dumb as a rock, too.
Give the man his due. He is making conversation where none would otherwise exist.

Location hidden

#2727 Sep 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's where I keep screwing up eh? They should be rich before I marry them. All my ex's are rich. Now. YUK!YUK!YUK! Bless their greedy little hearts.
Living well is the best revenge.
True enough bro.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#2728 Sep 20, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be the point? The legal reasons for marriage have changed over the years. Marriage was once meant for the support of women and children along with orderly succession. Today, it has to do with those things to a lesser degree. It is about supporting and raising children, families with and without children, property rights, hospital visitation rights, and inheritance impacts on family members as well as immigration rights. Taxation and immigration are now some of the biggest issues.
Yet all of those things remain important for many, along with the more than 1,138 rights and protections recognized for couples of all ages, etc. under the same restrictions. Gender fails the test.

How all of those protections for couples would apply to groups has yet to be explained. The argument has relied on trying to say a different set of laws and social structure is equality. The historical problems with removing the number restriction remain, and have nothing to do with gender restrictions.

But when trying to think of a valid argument against equality, I must admit, I keep coming up blank. Procreation would be the best one, if biological procreation between the couple was a requirement of law. But it too, fails the test, as reproduction has never been required, and it doesn't provide anything additional to opposite sex couples who can reproduce. It only harms same sex couples who are also raising children (or not).

That leaves the belief; gay people should be treated as less than equal.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2729 Sep 20, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's called history, Frankie.
There have been roving bands of testosterone crazed men wreaking havoc due to a shortage of wives in the USA? When?

Oh that's right, the discriminatory laws against polygamy are keeping that from happening. Silly me.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2730 Sep 20, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Does that mean he doesn't really support incest either?
I though maybe he was just trying to show how absurd it is to compare the restrictions on gender to the restrictions on incest and number.
I support all marriages. Opposite sex, same sex, poly and incest. I feel no need to prove that I do. I don't think Neil An Blowme et al should have the power to declare someone else's marriage invalid.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2731 Sep 20, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
In the USA, the definition of 'marriage' is TWO people. Homosexual polygamy is a figment of your imagination. It doesn't exist anywhere. Play all the word games you want, Frankie. You have the intellect of a slug.
Oh, there ARE stupid posts. They come from you.
Yes it does. The Advocate had an excellent article on gay polygamy. It was pulled due to PC.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2732 Sep 20, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Hey guys. Be nice to Frankie. He alright!!!
Your discernment software is on the fritz.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2733 Sep 20, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the man his due. He is making conversation where none would otherwise exist.
"Neil An Blowme" is not interested in conversation. I just enjoy riling him up good until he gets stupid. Fun stuff.

Location hidden

#2734 Sep 20, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet all of those things remain important for many, along with the more than 1,138 rights and protections recognized for couples of all ages, etc. under the same restrictions. Gender fails the test.
How all of those protections for couples would apply to groups has yet to be explained. The argument has relied on trying to say a different set of laws and social structure is equality. The historical problems with removing the number restriction remain, and have nothing to do with gender restrictions.
But when trying to think of a valid argument against equality, I must admit, I keep coming up blank. Procreation would be the best one, if biological procreation between the couple was a requirement of law. But it too, fails the test, as reproduction has never been required, and it doesn't provide anything additional to opposite sex couples who can reproduce. It only harms same sex couples who are also raising children (or not).
That leaves the belief; gay people should be treated as less than equal.
Exactly. All families deserve equal treatment under the law.

Location hidden

#2735 Sep 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I like the dude. OTOH, I think he has way too much time on his hands.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2736 Sep 20, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Toots is the smartest one here. Pay attention to her.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2737 Sep 20, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Or too much hand on my time.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2738 Sep 20, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not meant to be toots. We are like Romeo and Juliet, Tony and Maria.

Your people have decided I am the hated enemy! There is no convincing the dummies otherwise, and therefore no hope for us.

Aye, it is sad, but that is the times we live in. Adieu sweetheart! My heart is heavy tonight.

Location hidden

#2739 Sep 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or too much hand on my time.
Hmmmm. I'll need to ponder that one.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2740 Sep 20, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. It's called history, Frankie.
No it's not, even if the esteemed professor and scholar Dr. "Neil An Blowme" said it is.

At no time in the USA were there roving bands of testosterone crazed men wreaking havoc due to a shortage of wives because the rich handsome guys hogged them all.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2742 Sep 20, 2013
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
And we all know neil/mona lott is an easy two pack and a smoke from a hug at the waist.
And we all know, momma on vacation. Dipstick is free to post!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2743 Sep 20, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>And we all know, momma on vacation. Dipstick is free to post!
Can you recommend a good siding contractor? I hear you replace your siding very often.

By good I don't mean a good ass. I mean good siding skills. The last thing I want is some hairy sweaty dude coming over my house and flashing me asscrack when he bends over to pick up a tool!

OK. Let me know. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 822
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr cpeter1313 17,299
News US gay couple sues after getting 'hateful' flye... 4 hr Holy Guacamole 2
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 4 hr GodSmacked 27,290
News An Immersive Play About Lutherans Battling over... (Sep '16) 7 hr Whoshgow 62
News Gay basher Kathryn Knott forced to fork over a ... 7 hr Holy Guacamole 34
News Suit: Gay couple gets 'hateful' flyers, not wed... 7 hr Holy Guacamole 7
News Reading series teaches students about inclusion 7 hr Holy Guacamole 10
More from around the web