Homosexual marriage is legal

Homosexual marriage is legal

There are 2466 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jun 27, 2013, titled Homosexual marriage is legal. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

In a 5-4 decision, which, did not surprise anyone, the Supreme Court demonstrated once again that the federal high court is willing to impose by judicial edict what the voters of the individual States in the majority of States have refused to do: allow the marriage of homosexuals ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2643 Sep 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2644 Sep 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are. Show me three lesbians or three gay guys who want to marry each other.
There was an excellent article in the Advocate on three gay men who wished to marry. It was removed. True story. Look it up.

But if there are no gay polygamists does that mean it's not worthy of being legal? It seems that's what you are suggesting. I hope not.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2645 Sep 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably was based on bigotry. OTOH polygamy is definitely not in the state's interest. For example, polygamy would open the flood gates to illegal immigration. Not only that, it would geometrically increase the number of kids with "deadbeat dads."
It's not bigotry when you do it?

Marriage is good for society. All marriages. Even those you don't approve of.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2646 Sep 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to do since they are against the law. Duh. That's the point dummy. But according to you that's OK. It's only not OK when it's your marriage someone decides is not valid. I get it.
Marriages exist whether legally recognized or not.

Show us one.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#2647 Sep 19, 2013
And yet, the restriction on gender remains an entirely different restriction than the restrictions on number, incest, age, and informed consent. Removing the gender restriction has nothing to do with the others.

A 45 yr old king in Swaziland married another wife. She is 18, and his 15th wife. And he is only a millionaire. Removing the number restriction allows billionaires to maintain scores of wives. As we have seen throughout history, removing the number restriction allows the rich and powerful to have many wives while many of the poor are left with none.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/afric...

Only 2 can be equal to 2.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2648 Sep 19, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriages exist whether legally recognized or not.
Show us one.
You can go to prison for polygamy. Nice, right? So the numbers are unknown.

Do you honestly believe there are no homosexual polyamorists? Surely you lost your head for a second there, right?

It seems your point is if there are no homosexual polygamists, then polygamy shouldn't be legal. Surely you lost your head for a second right?

Or are you going to stand behind those moronic statements?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2649 Sep 19, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
And yet, the restriction on gender remains an entirely different restriction than the restrictions on number, incest, age, and informed consent. Removing the gender restriction has nothing to do with the others.
A 45 yr old king in Swaziland married another wife. She is 18, and his 15th wife. And he is only a millionaire. Removing the number restriction allows billionaires to maintain scores of wives. As we have seen throughout history, removing the number restriction allows the rich and powerful to have many wives while many of the poor are left with none.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/afric...
Only 2 can be equal to 2.
Precious. The arithmetic argument again. Two equal two. No sh!t.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#2650 Sep 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Precious. The arithmetic argument again. Two equal two. No sh!t.
And yet you try to say more than 2 is equality.

You fail to address the 45 year old king who just took his 15th bride so far, an 18 yr old. And he is only a millionaire. Removing the number restriction allows billionaires to maintain scores of wives. As we have seen throughout history, removing the number restriction allows the rich and powerful to have many wives while many of the poor are left with none. This is not equality.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#2651 Sep 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Before I was so rudely interrupted by Neil and the peanut gallery's juvenile ad hominem bullsh!t, I was trying to make the point that homosexual poly marriage is not legal so the title of this thread is a false statement.
You have made it abundantly clear that you do not comprehend what you read. The article has NOTHING to do with polygamy, homosexual or otherwise.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#2652 Sep 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably was based on bigotry. OTOH polygamy is definitely not in the state's interest. For example, polygamy would open the flood gates to illegal immigration. Not only that, it would geometrically increase the number of kids with "deadbeat dads."
It does exponentially increase the number of men without wives. The simplest concepts escape poor Frankie. Imagine going through life THAT stupid.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#2653 Sep 19, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you try to say more than 2 is equality.
You fail to address the 45 year old king who just took his 15th bride so far, an 18 yr old. And he is only a millionaire. Removing the number restriction allows billionaires to maintain scores of wives. As we have seen throughout history, removing the number restriction allows the rich and powerful to have many wives while many of the poor are left with none. This is not equality.
Frankie doesn't believe that, even though our planet is full of living examples. And the funniest part is if polygamy WERE legal, men like Frankie would be the ones left out.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#2654 Sep 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go to prison for polygamy. Nice, right? So the numbers are unknown.
Do you honestly believe there are no homosexual polyamorists? Surely you lost your head for a second there, right?
It seems your point is if there are no homosexual polygamists, then polygamy shouldn't be legal. Surely you lost your head for a second right?
Or are you going to stand behind those moronic statements?
Only Frankie could write a statement with GLARING inacurracies and think he's making a valid point.

There are no polygamists, homosexual or otherwise in the USA. Polygamy is illegal. Jesus jumped up Christ!
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#2655 Sep 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attitude that poly marriage is not marriage is the cause of your anger and confusion. It's a simple concept really. Poly Gamy. Poly MARRIAGE. Deserving of the same respect and consideration as your marriage.
I know this will come as a great shock to you: there are no polygamist marriages in the USA. YOU are the one who is angry and confused.... and without any valid evidence to back up your claim. How exactly does that work in your planet's legal system?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2656 Sep 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There was an excellent article in the Advocate on three gay men who wished to marry. It was removed. True story. Look it up.
But if there are no gay polygamists does that mean it's not worthy of being legal? It seems that's what you are suggesting. I hope not.
How does polygamy help anyone other than those seeking to enter the country by any means necessary?

Location hidden

#2657 Sep 19, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text> Frankie doesn't believe that, even though our planet is full of living examples. And the funniest part is if polygamy WERE legal, men like Frankie would be the ones left out.
Most men would not favor polygamy. This includes most Mormons. Frankie is beating a dead horse. Nobody really cares.

Location hidden

#2658 Sep 19, 2013
86% of men have a fantasy about multiple sex partners. This does not include marriage responsibility. Men prefer to ball without the chain.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#2659 Sep 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not bigotry when you do it?
Marriage is good for society. All marriages. Even those you don't approve of.
I, among others I'm sure, would LOVE to see your data that polygamy is good for society.

Do you understand the word data? Oh hell, who am I kidding... you don't even grasp grade school arithmetic.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2660 Sep 19, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this will come as a great shock to you: there are no polygamist marriages in the USA. YOU are the one who is angry and confused.... and without any valid evidence to back up your claim. How exactly does that work in your planet's legal system?
Too funny! You are like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who said homosexual marriage is not a problem in Iran, because there aren't any homosexuals. Oy vey!

So much for equality once you've got yours eh?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2661 Sep 19, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
I, among others I'm sure, would LOVE to see your data that polygamy is good for society.
Do you understand the word data? Oh hell, who am I kidding... you don't even grasp grade school arithmetic.
I have posted it. You ignored it in your zeal to insult me. And then you lie and say I have never posted any. Why bother?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2662 Sep 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
86% of men have a fantasy about multiple sex partners. This does not include marriage responsibility. Men prefer to ball without the chain.
Then you and Neil have nothing to worry about.

So calm down, there are no polygamists in the USA doncha know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 min Frankie Rizzo 49,379
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 13 min Truth 25,649
News Bronx man cuffed after he hurls gay slurs, cane... 33 min Omar 2
BIG PARTY Bulletin Board 38 min BIG PARTY Newz 1
News Ruling: Refusal to print gay pride shirts not d... 41 min No doubt 264
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 48 min June VanDerMark 13,565
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 53 min cpeter1313 6,142
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 4 hr NE Qbert 69,531
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 6 hr Andy 40
More from around the web