F*cking Outrageous: OH gay teen brutally beaten on video, assaulter gets...3-day suspension? UPDATED

There are 20 comments on the Oct 27, 2011, Daily Kos story titled F*cking Outrageous: OH gay teen brutally beaten on video, assaulter gets...3-day suspension? UPDATED. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

I don't know if I've ever been this pissed off while writing a diary. And I've written about some pretty fucking outrageous things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 28, 2011
I hope the alleged perpetrator is charged with assault and battery, a hate crime, and harassment. I hope the victim's mother sues.
Lars

Höst, Germany

#3 Oct 28, 2011
Another gay boy playing grab ass with the wrong guy and getting beat up?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 29, 2011
Lars wrote:
Another gay boy playing grab ass with the wrong guy and getting beat up?
That's not what happened according to the video. lol. Looks like there is proof you are wrong this time. Where's your proof otherwise?
A very very good freind

Frazeysburg, OH

#5 Oct 29, 2011
I dont care what the video shows it doesnt show it was a hate crime eaither jack ass, it shows two boys fighting and i know the boy personally unless you know all the facts keep your mouth shut. or get a life which ever comes first. it had nothing to do with the boy being gay ok..

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 30, 2011
A very very good freind wrote:
I dont care what the video shows it doesnt show it was a hate crime eaither jack ass, it shows two boys fighting and i know the boy personally unless you know all the facts keep your mouth shut. or get a life which ever comes first. it had nothing to do with the boy being gay ok..
It shows a defenseless boy being beaten up. There is not TWO boys fighting. There is one boy beating the crap out of another one. Why are you yelling at me? Shouldn't you be contacting all the media out there and screaming at them for their articles and news on TV if you sincerely believe the alleged perpetrator is so damn innocent. You are probably a friend of his and his fellow homophobe. If it had nothing to do with the boy being gay what did it have to do with? He beat the boy up regardless of what reason and he broke the law. He had no right to ambush and physically attack him. The victim didn't even defend himself or throw the first punch. I believe the bully should be prosecuted, at least for assault and battery. Some community service and juvenile time would do him some good. If he were to have hit a teacher like that he would have already been arrested. I don't know why they don't extend the same protections to students who are victims. You think minors would be protected more than the adults but not in this country.
Dooley

Anonymous Proxy

#7 Oct 30, 2011
Why do they allow homosexuality in schools anyway?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 30, 2011
Dooley wrote:
Why do they allow homosexuality in schools anyway?
Because it's a human right to be gay and it's not illegal.
sumone

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Oct 30, 2011
Just like its a humans right to believe in God and we still cant have that in schools.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Oct 30, 2011
sumone wrote:
Just like its a humans right to believe in God and we still cant have that in schools.
Sure you can. You can believe in god anywhere you want. You just can't promote a religion in PUBLIC schools supported by public funds.

That pesky First Amendmendment thing.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Oct 30, 2011
equalityboy81 wrote:
I hope the alleged perpetrator is charged with assault and battery, a hate crime, and harassment. I hope the victim's mother sues.
I agree except for the hate crime part. I just don't believe in them.
Dave

Chillicothe, OH

#12 Oct 30, 2011
who cares about gays

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14 Oct 30, 2011
sumone wrote:
Just like its a humans right to believe in God and we still cant have that in schools.
Says who? No one is telling you you can't believe in God. You don't have a right however to impose your views on others such as denying people equal treatment because of your religious beliefs.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#15 Oct 30, 2011
Dave wrote:
who cares about gays
Apparently not you but there are many who do. That's what makes this country a wonderful place. We can all have our views. The school does have responsibility to protect ALL its students from violence and provide a safe learning environment however.
Brittany

Ashburn, VA

#16 Oct 30, 2011
ok and take your own edvice I dont believe that gays should be openly about it in schools they should know the consequences about it, fights happen all the time that does not mean they are over who is gay and shit like that you just wont to be a bully and keep shit stirring up. you have post all over this forum and I think alot of people would agree with me that its getting annoying we know its not right that he fought that boy but my gosh you on here bashing the boy when you dont even know the true facts about what really happened they dont even know if it was over the boy being gay so get a life and shut the fuck up.
Wow

Chillicothe, OH

#17 Oct 30, 2011
A very very good freind wrote:
I dont care what the video shows it doesnt show it was a hate crime eaither jack ass, it shows two boys fighting and i know the boy personally unless you know all the facts keep your mouth shut. or get a life which ever comes first. it had nothing to do with the boy being gay ok..
The video does not show two boys fighting !!! It shows a boy pacing and waiting and then attacking another boy !!! Are you sure you have even watched this video? That is the FACTS
A very very good freind

Ashburn, VA

#18 Oct 30, 2011
Yea and it wasnt a hate crime I know that for a FACT. yea he beat the shit out of that boy I agree that he should get in trouble for that but when everyone is saying its a hate crime its not i beat the hell out of a lesbian does that mean it was a hate crime no it doesnt
just bc the boy was gay the mommy say money signs in her eyes and are saying it was bc he was well it wasnt.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19 Oct 31, 2011
Brittany wrote:
ok and take your own edvice I dont believe that gays should be openly about it in schools they should know the consequences about it, fights happen all the time that does not mean they are over who is gay and shit like that you just wont to be a bully and keep shit stirring up. you have post all over this forum and I think alot of people would agree with me that its getting annoying we know its not right that he fought that boy but my gosh you on here bashing the boy when you dont even know the true facts about what really happened they dont even know if it was over the boy being gay so get a life and shut the fuck up.
I saw the video, I heard the news, and the mother talking. What more proof do I need? You are just some straight dude that is biased towards homosexuality and want the bully to get away with it. Gays have a right to be open about who they are. This a free country and why should they have to live in shame as if there is something wrong with them. People are bullied for being perceived to be gay and sometimes gay people that keep it a secret are figured to be homosexual despite all their efforts to hide it. I don't see you speaking out against bullying and violence against all students. You think if they are openly gay they get what's coming to them. Well the bully will hopefully gets what's coming him hopefully in the courtroom. Bullies face consequences too or should. The cellphone recorded a CRIME being committed. If this were too adults or a teacher being battered by a student an arrest would have already been made. Students/children have rights too.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#21 Oct 31, 2011
Brittany wrote:
ok and take your own edvice I dont believe that gays should be openly about it in schools they should know the consequences about it, fights happen all the time that does not mean they are over who is gay and shit like that you just wont to be a bully and keep shit stirring up. you have post all over this forum and I think alot of people would agree with me that its getting annoying we know its not right that he fought that boy but my gosh you on here bashing the boy when you dont even know the true facts about what really happened they dont even know if it was over the boy being gay so get a life and shut the fuck up.
Sorry I mean straight dudette. You STFU!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#22 Oct 31, 2011
A very very good freind wrote:
Yea and it wasnt a hate crime I know that for a FACT. yea he beat the shit out of that boy I agree that he should get in trouble for that but when everyone is saying its a hate crime its not i beat the hell out of a lesbian does that mean it was a hate crime no it doesnt
just bc the boy was gay the mommy say money signs in her eyes and are saying it was bc he was well it wasnt.
I heard the bully posted a lot of anti-gay slurs on the victim's facebook page a few days prior to the incident. You don't know anything for a fact. Let the law and courts decide. I don't just think he should get in trouble I think he should be prosecuted. The victim suffered a concussion, chipped tooth, and knot behind his ear. Is Ohio a conservative Republican state?
you never know

Chillicothe, OH

#24 Nov 3, 2011
you don't know the whole story. There is enough blame to go around. Your not from here so bug off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Makes a Man Want Another Man's Ass? 3 min Wall 11
News Q&A: What's at stake in Supreme Court gay marri... 4 min Wholly Silicon Wafer 8
News Are the majority of Americans against religious... 4 min Blackburn 13
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 min Poof1 19,751
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 7 min Rainbow Kid 75
News Pa. high school students throw 'Anti-Gay Day' 7 min Wall 99
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 9 min Tre H 32,035
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 14 min Pietro Armando 2,064
News The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Cruz on gay ... 58 min Troll Referee 56
Are the mods fair and balanced? 1 hr Poof1 654
More from around the web