GOP Mich. Gov. Asks Judge to Uphold Gay Benefits Ban

There are 17 comments on the Feb 18, 2014, EDGE story titled GOP Mich. Gov. Asks Judge to Uphold Gay Benefits Ban. In it, EDGE reports that:

Republican Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder asked a federal judge Monday to uphold the state's ban on domestic partner benefits for same-sex couples who work for Michigan and local government employees, MLive.com reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#1 Feb 18, 2014
from the article, "It is not singular and does not target same-sex couples."

HOW can they LIE like that??? Seriously??? The paperwork to ban domestic partner benefits was filed THE DAY AFTER our anti-marriage ban was voted in.

And how the hell do they figure it's not targeting same-sex couples?? What OTHER couples are banned from marrying by constitutional amendment???

I hate that I'm surrounded by such lying a-holes.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Feb 18, 2014
This won't matter once the other judge overturns the marriage ban.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#4 Feb 18, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
This won't matter once the other judge overturns the marriage ban.
Indeed. The other judge will be able to point to this case as evidence of animus.
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Feb 18, 2014
eJohn wrote:
HOW can they LIE like that?
They are jaysus fundies, after all, imo.
juls

Mount Vernon, OH

#6 Feb 18, 2014
say anything for a budget.....jfc get a brain...govnor
Jones

Palo Alto, CA

#8 Feb 18, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you bet your life on it?
Gays love to gamble with death. They bet their life every time they stick their dick in another man's ass.
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 18, 2014
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays love to gamble with death. They bet their life every time they stick their dick in another man's ass.
Just can't get it off your mind, can you?

Also, you can't get it right. It's unprotected vag inal or an al sex that's the risk, not vag inal or an al sex, you ignorant closet case.
Larry

Mesquite, TX

#10 Feb 19, 2014
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jones, Please tell us all just how you know this. Note: you need to pick another "Dick".
It just keeps me amazed that there are so many hateful ass backwards, folks.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11 Feb 19, 2014
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays love to gamble with death........
Sooo, straight people don't have unprotected sex?

And most gay folks have never had anal sex with a male.

At least START with the facts.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#12 Feb 19, 2014
Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, does a little movie run through your mind while you type these things? Oh yeah, and you typed that all with one hand, right?

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#13 Feb 19, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
<quoted text>
They are jaysus fundies, after all, imo.
In Synder's case, I don't think he's a Jesus freak of any repute. I think he's just another super-greedy, super-wealthy Republican that sees nothing wrong with persecuting minorities if there's money to be gained from it.

And since Michigan is full of drooling, knuckle-dragging idiots that ARE fundies that DO hate the gays, he figures this is a safe stance to take. And, sadly, he's probably right.
Campy

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Feb 19, 2014
I'm sure that Michigan Gov. Rick Snyde will find himself on the right side of history.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Feb 19, 2014
Campy wrote:
I'm sure that Michigan Gov. Rick Snyde will find himself on the right side of history.
Supporting discrimination is never the right side of history.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#16 Feb 19, 2014
Campy wrote:
In much same way the slave owners of the old south claimed that it would be too costly to free their slaves, Gov. Snyder is claiming that it's too costly to offer equal benefits to the families of all their employees.

They're both on the wrong side of history. As are your beliefs about your fellow citizens.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Feb 19, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's just another super-greedy, super-wealthy Republican that sees nothing wrong with persecuting minorities if there's money to be gained from it.
But apart from the super wealthy bit, that's what I think fundies are.

They certainly aren't devout in any Christian way.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#18 Feb 20, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
But apart from the super wealthy bit, that's what I think fundies are.
They certainly aren't devout in any Christian way.
Good point. Snyder's being super-wealthy is pretty much side issue, isn't it? He's just all about making money and he doesn't care if some people get hurt in the process.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Feb 20, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. Snyder's being super-wealthy is pretty much side issue, isn't it? He's just all about making money and he doesn't care if some people get hurt in the process.
Yes, I meant to say the fundies fit your description of being super greedy and eager to persecute, whatever their income level. So I see no difference between Snyder and the fundies...except that national politicians (as governors effectively are) tend to be very wealthy. Fundies are often dirt poor.

But neither Snyder nor the fundies are the least bit sincere about their brand of religion, imo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Potsdam gay pride parade brings faith and aware... 5 min wow wee !! 109
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 17 min Blackburn 32,016
Trying to Understand and Accept Homosexuality 20 min Rick in Kansas 85
News Jenner's transgender reveal applauded 36 min Remus 11
News Same-sex marriage pioneer among lawyers for hig... 46 min Wall 11
News Now out, Bruce Jenner shines spotlight on trans... 56 min Evan 1
NE Jade - Neat Gay or Scumbag? 58 min Evan 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 19,635
News Judge proposes Oregon bakery pay $135,000 to le... 2 hr Wall 47
Are the mods fair and balanced? 2 hr Wall 651
News Chief Justice John Roberts faces another big mo... 4 hr Belle Sexton 80
News Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 4 hr Pietro Armando 2,054
More from around the web