Petition Calls for Harvey Milk Stamp ...

Petition Calls for Harvey Milk Stamp Unveiling in San Francisco

There are 45 comments on the EDGE story from Mar 22, 2014, titled Petition Calls for Harvey Milk Stamp Unveiling in San Francisco. In it, EDGE reports that:

A local gay philatelist has launched a campaign to urge the United States Postal Service to unveil its Harvey Milk stamp later this spring in San Francisco to coincide with annual celebrations held on the deceased gay rights leader's birthday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#27 Mar 25, 2014
freethinker1957 wrote:
www.huffingtonpost/2013/10/17/ harvey-milk-stamp-matt-barber- _n_4117311.html
this is a very libral site
Yes dear, the liberal Huffington Post says that Matt Barber made these allegations, what the article doesn't say is that he offered anything resembling proof that his accusations were in any way true. You did read the article, didn't you? As we all know, Matt Barber is sufferers from Gay Derangement Syndrome, he has a well documented history of deranged, factually void accusations against people who happen to be gay.

Just for future reference, it helps if the "experts" you cite aren't the head of organizations that have qualified themselves to be recognized as an anti-gay hate group. It's kind of like citing the head of the Klan as an expert on race.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#28 Mar 25, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
That old, "I know it's true I read it on the Internet" research thingie. Provide the factual links Pinkie.
There are no factual links for people like you and lides, you tell yourself it can't be so and that's the end of it. I don't care what you believe. It's ok with me if you're happy in your own little world.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#30 Mar 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Correction. That should read predator/ephebophile.
Not even that, shortpants. Not even a little.

I knew Harv personally.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#31 Mar 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no factual links for people like you and lides, you tell yourself it can't be so and that's the end of it. I don't care what you believe. It's ok with me if you're happy in your own little world.
No proof huh? Thought so, windbag.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#33 Mar 25, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even that, shortpants. Not even a little.
I knew Harv personally.
Jack McKinley, age 16. Moved in with Milk.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#34 Mar 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack McKinley, age 16. Moved in with Milk.
And so what? Don't touch your crouch while you're coming up with an answer.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#35 Mar 25, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
And so what? Don't touch your crouch while you're coming up with an answer.
"Crouch?" Really? Why are you so focused on people's crotches?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#37 Mar 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
"Crouch?" Really? Why are you so focused on people's crotches?
Because it's so obvious you masturbate while you post on Gay Topix. I find that amusing, sick but amusing.
Buford

Buffalo, NY

#38 Mar 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack McKinley, age 16. Moved in with Milk.
You have to understand that 99.9% of gay men see nothing wrong with Milk (33 years old) having a sexual relationship with a 16 year old runaway boy. Man-boy sex is a integral part of male homosexuality. Always has been and always will be.
Buford

Buffalo, NY

#39 Mar 25, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even that, shortpants. Not even a little.
I knew Harv personally.
Yeah right. Did Harv spend 24/7/365 on Topix too?

ROFL!

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#40 Mar 25, 2014
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. Did Harv spend 24/7/365 on Topix too?
ROFL!
He got more history in one finger than you have in your entire life. The man is 88 years old and his life experiences are far, far beyond your mental capacity.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#41 Mar 25, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack McKinley, age 16. Moved in with Milk.
Not the same thing at all. Harvey was already in a relationship.

In those days, we were all taking in kids kicked out by their families from all over the country.

We hadn't established the LGBT teen shelters yet.

Try to remember that the Castro was the first gay-borhood ... ever. We had never established a community before. Everything was all very ad hoc. It probably would have stayed that way if the Anita Bryants and John Briggs's of the world hadn't decided to attack us politically.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#44 Mar 26, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no factual links for people like you and lides, you tell yourself it can't be so and that's the end of it. I don't care what you believe. It's ok with me if you're happy in your own little world.
You do realize that Mary, the mother of the Lord, was only FOURTEEN when God raped HER and made her pregnant, don't you? Look it up on the INTERNET which you think is never wrong.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#45 Mar 26, 2014
Jeffery wrote:
<quoted text>
I can believe that. Sounds like the typical Queer PedophiIe.
You sound like the typical liar who won't register and uses fake names all the time.
Beauty QUEEN

Middlesbrough, UK

#46 Mar 26, 2014
Jeffery wrote:
<quoted text>
.
Silly internet troll ...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#47 Mar 26, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's so obvious you masturbate while you post on Gay Topix. I find that amusing, sick but amusing.
"Crouch" is what YOU do to get to your boyfriend's crotch.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#48 Mar 26, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the same thing at all. Harvey was already in a relationship.
Looks like more than one. In any case, what little I've read about him doesn't bring him close to hero territory.

If this situation were reversed she would have been sued and prosecuted for assault.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#49 Mar 26, 2014
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. Did Harv spend 24/7/365 on Topix too?
ROFL!
Since he was murdered in 1978, that would be a NO, unlike YOU who ARE on Topix 24/365, 366 in Leap years.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#54 Mar 26, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like more than one. In any case, what little I've read about him doesn't bring him close to hero territory.
If this situation were reversed she would have been sued and prosecuted for assault.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =H-A2Ql81WTYXX
I first met Harv when he was with Craig, who I knew through Mattachine. Later, we reconnected shortly after he moved to San Francisco.

Harvey was a serial monogamist.

You haven't read enough, nor do you know and understand the times.

Harvey was pie'd on more than one occasion.

He laughed.

We all did.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#55 Mar 27, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like more than one. In any case, what little I've read about him doesn't bring him close to hero territory.
If this situation were reversed she would have been sued and prosecuted for assault.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =H-A2Ql81WTYXX
Poor old Anita, long forgotten and tossed aside in history. She did MORE for gay rights than any activist ever did, so we should really thank her.

Her original idea, to make it illegal for gays to teach in California and NOW California not only supports LGBT teachers, they pay all benefits, they grant leave for gay families, and so on. My husband and I are living well on my state of California retirement package and using our hefty California health insurance, he on my policy, like any spouse.

Thank you, ANITA, thank you for showing the world how NOT to act.

By the way, she's a bitter forgotten woman whose husband left her decades ago. I managed to hold onto MY husband, yet all her Christianity did not allow her to hold onto HER man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Respect71 38,892
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 12 min Strel 16,122
News This Florida Teacher Strapped on a Dildo to Tea... (Dec '15) 1 hr Carlos 11
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 3 hr Federal Contracto... 94
News Egyptian Police Using Gay Dating Apps To Hunt Gays 3 hr david traversa 3
News Clooney's restraining order 4 hr Here is what I 57
News Indiana lawmakers to discuss ongoing LGBT right... 4 hr Fa-Foxy 1
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 6 hr JODECKO 147
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 10 hr Mite Be 27
News Transgender Ken doll cake triggers outrage afte... 11 hr WasteWater 49
More from around the web