Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on ...

Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage

There are 65 comments on the Star-Telegram.com story from Mar 21, 2014, titled Judge strikes down Michigan's ban on gay marriage. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

Michigan's ban on gay marriage, approved by voters in a landslide in 2004, was scratched from the state constitution by a federal judge who said the ballot box is no defense to a law that tramples the rights of same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

Funides R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#50 Mar 23, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Right after you get the hepatitis C and the HIV tests out of the way. Then it's ram butt city and a honeymoon at the hospice. Is there any better way to say "I love you?" LOL!!
Hey sick racist, AIDS is overwhelmingly a disease of heterosexuals.

Of course closet cases such as yourself could contract it, also.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#51 Mar 23, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There's no mistake about yours, when it's bent over.
But I like seeing you attempt to fight back. It amuses me.
Funny that I'm the only person who talks to you on Topix.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#52 Mar 23, 2014
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Funny that I'm the only person who talks to you on Topix.
Correction:
You're the only earlier life form on Topix who talks to me......Nah, that's not true. Topix is riddled with them.
see the light

El Paso, TX

#53 Mar 23, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Correction:
You're the only earlier life form on Topix who talks to me......Nah, that's not true. Topix is riddled with them.
Glad you can laugh at yourself. Since your on here 24/7 you had plenty of time to alienate people . Keep up the good work. Can see why you live in parents basement., they don't want you around neither.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#54 Mar 24, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Eel wrote:
<quoted text>
There is someone who uses my moniker(s) to abuse you and other pro glbt posters, but in so doing they create more posts about how fundies are mentally unbalanced.
On balance that's a good thing.
Register with Topix and you won't have that problem.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#56 Mar 24, 2014
I can't believe the Republican led State of Michigan wasted $40,000 on their "expert" witnesses whom the judge described as "...entirely unbelievable and not worthy of serious consideration".

Yep, that's the kind of "fiscal responsibility" which keeps our economy in Michigan in the toilet.

Tawas City, Michigan

#57 Mar 24, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey sick shiteater, AIDS is overwhelmingly a disease of homosexuals. That's why Queers can't donate blood, cause they're disease infested. I see you're still insulting straight people by calling them what you are, a filthy [email protected] LMFAO
Actually half of all homosexuals are at virtually ZERO risk of contracting HIV through sex (lesbians), and are therefore able to donate blood with no problem.

Tawas City, Michigan

#59 Mar 24, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word, lesbians. Guess I should have said Queers. My bad. LMFAO
And fully half of all "queers" have virtually ZERO risk of contracting HIV as well.

Perhaps if you weren't a complete bigoted moron you could figure out the correct terminology for the assertion you're attempting to make.
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#61 Mar 24, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
I can't believe the Republican led State of Michigan wasted $40,000 on their "expert" witnesses whom the judge described as "...entirely unbelievable and not worthy of serious consideration".
Yep, that's the kind of "fiscal responsibility" which keeps our economy in Michigan in the toilet.
No, liberals keep michigan in the toilet - look at dumptroit - just like every thing else liberals touch goes to shit.

Hopefully, one day, we can eradicate liberals from existance.

Tawas City, Michigan

#62 Mar 24, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
50% is NOT good odds.
It depends on the situation. 50% is pretty darn good odds if you're talking about wining the lottery or the NCAA pool, but it's pretty risky odds if you're talking about surviving a car crash.

But then we're not taking about odds. I said 50% of the "queer" population have virtually ZERO chance of contracting HIV from sex; that's why they're allowed to donate blood.

An individual's odds of contracting HIV depends entirely on whom they're having sex with or sharing needles with.

Many gay men have a lower risk of contracting HIV than the average heterosexual man; it all depends on their individual situation.
lamer

Hamilton, OH

#63 Mar 24, 2014
Absolutely wrote:
<quoted text>
50% is NOT good odds.
And what is the percentage of the rest of us? Im guessing you chose to not look that part up...There are many reason why someone can not donate blood. Not sure why this is even an issue beside the fact that the anti gay rights people have no argument for why is should be illegal which is why you have been consistently losing court battles and have the make the most outlandish arguments trying to justify your bigotry like the one above.

Its fun watching you try to spin it like your not a hateful bigot.
Buford

Buffalo, NY

#66 Mar 24, 2014
The typical homosexual male has over a thousand anonymous sexual partners in a lifetime (42 years for the average queer).

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#67 Mar 24, 2014
Buford wrote:
The typical homosexual male has over a thousand anonymous sexual partners in a lifetime.).
Stop trying to post your fantastical sexcapades as representative of gays , Buford1. Masturbation does not count as sexual partners, so leave us out of your claim! Hey, how was that fantastical vacation to Hawaii? Sold many Girl Scout Cookies? So obvious.
Shirley

Torrance, CA

#68 Mar 24, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Stop trying to post your fantastical sexcapades as representative of gays , Buford1. Masturbation does not count as sexual partners, so leave us out of your claim! Hey, how was that fantastical vacation to Hawaii? Sold many Girl Scout Cookies? So obvious.
Your only mission in life is to follow me around and keep tabs ..... so obvious.

btw Hawaii vacation was fantastic and Girl Scout Cookies sales up 200%
Shirley

Torrance, CA

#69 Mar 24, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Stop trying to post your fantastical sexcapades as representative of gays , Buford1. Masturbation does not count as sexual partners, so leave us out of your claim! Hey, how was that fantastical vacation to Hawaii? Sold many Girl Scout Cookies? So obvious.
Masturbation does not count as sexual partners.??? So you admit you have never had sex with a partner of either sex. LOL Chronic masturbation syndrome.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#70 Mar 24, 2014
How strange, I post to Buford, and get a response from a psychotic bitch. Strange how that works. Thanks for playing and verifying my every taunt!!

As for the topicÂ…..one state at a time! Equality will prevail.
Shirley

Torrance, CA

#71 Mar 24, 2014
Hey Jade pay attention "typical homosexual male"
Leaves you out of the scenario. You are not gay just a freak.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#72 Mar 24, 2014
Do I detect a whimper of frustration? Shirley, you can do better! LOL Try posting as Blonde Douche or Girl Scout or Church Lady or R1's Mommy!! Enjoy your night. You're used to solo, no matter how many names you chose to use!!

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#73 Mar 24, 2014
Shirley, you are giving your frustration away with all the little negative judge it icons!! Enjoy!!

Marriage equality all the way!!!!
Shirley

San Jose, CA

#74 Mar 24, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
Shirley, you are giving your frustration away with all the little negative judge it icons!! Enjoy!!
Marriage equality all the way!!!!
I do not judge people on this thread. Judging is for dumb asses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 28 min Brian_G 38,356
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 44 min Southern girl 17
Why Do People Turn Gay? 50 min Fa-Foxy 57
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr who cares 14,559
News Lawsuit Over Public Urinal 1 hr I know that thing 11
News HBO's cancelled gay drama 'Looking' provides cl... 1 hr Clarence 12
News 'Disordered eating' rates troubling among young... 1 hr Clarence 11
News Judge to monitor Kansas' actions on gay marriag... 7 hr Here is what I 18
More from around the web