Pulse of Canada: Should gay boys be a...

Pulse of Canada: Should gay boys be allowed to be boy scouts?

There are 29 comments on the ca.news.yahoo.com story from Mar 2, 2013, titled Pulse of Canada: Should gay boys be allowed to be boy scouts?. In it, ca.news.yahoo.com reports that:

Each Friday, Yahoo! Canada News asks Canadians where they stand on the important issues of the day, and our panel of experts tackles the same question.

In the U.S., gays are not allowed to become Boy Scouts. There’s no such rule in Canada. Do you have issues with gay boys being boy scouts?

Editor's note: they asked 9 random Canadians on the street, and every one of them thought Boy Scouts should allow gay members.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ca.news.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#29 Mar 3, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
So that one can utilize it as argumentum ad nauseum?
ooh, snap! You shore do use some o' them big wurds thair, JrEsq!

Looks like SOMEONE gradyated frum El Camino Jr. College!
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#30 Mar 3, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Most of the anti-gay prejudice being presented here, is refuted in the 50 briefs supporting marriage equality.
Links to PDF copies of major amicus briefs filed in support of the constitutional challenge to California's Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that eliminated equal marriage rights for same-sex partners:
http://www.sfcityattorney.org/index.aspx...
The trolls don't need proof or a reason .. They're like the Ku Klux Klan and just as attendible ..

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#31 Mar 3, 2013
blue lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's your take on the aftermath of children getting molested, you're one sorry piece of garbage. I think Jake is right, the only kind of person that would think like that is someone that has or does molest children. Makes it easier to believe there's no long term effect, doesn't it queer? You my friend, are a worthless POS.
'Blue' are we today asstroll? No matter what color you paint those lips you still SUCK...

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#33 Mar 3, 2013
blue lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your term asstroll, but you have it wrong. That word applies to you queers. You're the asstroll.
It is mine, I coined it..NoQ stole it but it is mine to deem who is and who isn't...so guess what? Or would you rather me just call you a c(_)ntlicker?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#36 Mar 3, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>The trolls don't need proof or a reason .. They're like the Ku Klux Klan and just as attendible ..
Agreed.

Yet as both polls and votes demonstrate, there are reasonable people who can overcome the irrational prejudice they were taught as children when provided with the information that exposes their prejudice as harmful and irrational. While some will never change, many others are capable of doing so. Not all prejudice is based on hate. Some is a result of false information, and some from simple lack of understanding those who appear in some way different from ourselves.

"Prejudice, we are beginning to understand, rises not from malice or hostile animus alone. It may result as well from insensitivity caused by simple want of careful, rational reflection or from some instinctive mechanism to guard against people who appear to be different in some respects from ourselves." (Golinski)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#38 Mar 3, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay away from my children you heathen!
A solution without a problem.

Palm Springs, California

#39 Mar 3, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay away from my children you heathen!
Unless your brats are OVER 45, they have NO chance of attracting me. I think you said you have girls. They would be BEYOND safe with ME,and if I accidentally saw them undressed someone would run screaming from the room. Me.

I would not touch any child, but if I had kids, I would put be perfectly content to let opposite sex adults who were gay or lesbian be in charge of the opposite sex kids. No worries at all.
JrEsq

United States

#40 Mar 3, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Unless your brats are OVER 45, they have NO chance of attracting me. I think you said you have girls. They would be BEYOND safe with ME,and if I accidentally saw them undressed someone would run screaming from the room. Me.
I would not touch any child, but if I had kids, I would put be perfectly content to let opposite sex adults who were gay or lesbian be in charge of the opposite sex kids. No worries at all.
"Unless your brats are OVER 45, they have NO chance of attracting me."
Except for, of course, young buff Marines.

Palm Springs, California

#41 Mar 4, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"Unless your brats are OVER 45, they have NO chance of attracting me."
Except for, of course, young buff Marines.
They were consenting ADULTS, Cletus. Come up with a REAL argument, or shut your pie hole.

Get over yourself and stop sniffing jet fuel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GOP lawmakers attempt to define gay marriage as... 30 min Just Think 4
News Atlanta City Council no longer has an openly ga... 30 min greencastle pa 5
Sunday NE 42 min Mildred 1
News Hawaii appeals court upholds ruling against bed... 1 hr Wondering 14
News TVNZ reporter ties the knot in 'big gay Indian ... 1 hr Milo 2
News Six bodies found dismembered in landscape plant... 1 hr Milo 6
News New Game: Gay World 1 hr Milo 1
More from around the web