Pulse of Canada: Should gay boys be a...

Pulse of Canada: Should gay boys be allowed to be boy scouts?

There are 29 comments on the ca.news.yahoo.com story from Mar 2, 2013, titled Pulse of Canada: Should gay boys be allowed to be boy scouts?. In it, ca.news.yahoo.com reports that:

Each Friday, Yahoo! Canada News asks Canadians where they stand on the important issues of the day, and our panel of experts tackles the same question.

In the U.S., gays are not allowed to become Boy Scouts. There’s no such rule in Canada. Do you have issues with gay boys being boy scouts?

Editor's note: they asked 9 random Canadians on the street, and every one of them thought Boy Scouts should allow gay members.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ca.news.yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Adult Gay Male

United States

#1 Mar 2, 2013
I think all bois should be allowed to join the scouts, don't matter if they're gay or not cause we can turn them gay late at night in a tent in the middle of the wilderness:)
BeverlyF

Greenwood, MS

#2 Mar 2, 2013
Oh please! Do you really think some little gay boy is going to turn another boy gay? Some people are just lacking in intelligence.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Mar 2, 2013
I thought they already were.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Adult Gay Male wrote:
I think all bois should be allowed to join the scouts, don't matter if they're gay or not cause we can turn them gay late at night in a tent in the middle of the wilderness:)
Maybe you can screw them up on religion at the same time.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#7 Mar 2, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you're a co:cksu:cker, aren't you?
If you're looking for a date go to a gay dating website, or visit a local gay bar.

Here's a hint -- your pickup lines need some work.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but molesting them will effect the rest of their life.
Some hetero scoutmaster is going to molest a gay scout?

Care to think that one through again ?

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Jake wrote:
No, but molesting them will effect the rest of their life.
Being molested would effect ANYONE for the rest of their life, whether they grew up gay or straight, and whether they were male or female.

Why are some people so quick to ignore the fact that plenty of people who are molested do NOT grow up gay? And why are they QUICKER to ignore the fact that plenty of GIRLS are molested? It's as if you don't CARE that this happens to girls. Your focus on only males just shows the threat you feel to your own masculinity. And the fact that people who are molested grow up to be both gay AND straight shows that this is not the connection that you hope it is.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#10 Mar 2, 2013
The English created scouting and the English have no problem with gays in its ranks .. so why should any other country ? These time wasting issues are strictly for people who have nothing better to do with their time and lives .. Grow up world !!
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#11 Mar 2, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you're a co:cksu:cker, aren't you?
How bad do you want to know?
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#14 Mar 2, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say getting molested by a queer would make them turn queer themselves. Said it would effect the rest of his life, trying to adjust from his dramatic experience. Yes, girls are molested and I hate that just as well, but they're not in the boy scouts. Also queers don't usually molest girls, not to their liking, they like little boys.
Anybody who's molested in childhood and drags it through a whole lifetime is weak-minded to begin with .. We've all had bad experiences either as children or later on .. Does that mean we must go through life as friggin' neurotics ? Nonsense .. As I understand it girl scouts do admit gays into their ranks .. Are they being constantly molested or solicited ? Are boys being raped in England ( where gays are also admitted ? Clearly not ; or they would have had to close shop a long time ago .. It's all in your ( clearly ) not very healthy mind ..

Location hidden

#16 Mar 2, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't say getting molested by a queer would make them turn queer themselves. Said it would effect the rest of his life, trying to adjust from his dramatic experience. Yes, girls are molested and I hate that just as well, but they're not in the boy scouts. Also queers don't usually molest girls, not to their liking, they like little boys.
You had me until that last sentence.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#17 Mar 2, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true fagg@t that either has or would molest little boys.Thanks for making it very clear.
What you call " clear " are only the aberrations of a sick mind .. Too bad nothing coming out of it will change the fact that you may kick , you may scream and you may twist around other people posts all you like , but your days as a voice to be heard and considered are numbered .. Enjoy them while you can ..

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18 Mar 3, 2013
david traversa wrote:
<quoted text>Anybody who's molested in childhood and drags it through a whole lifetime is weak-minded to begin with .. We've all had bad experiences either as children or later on .. Does that mean we must go through life as friggin' neurotics ? Nonsense .. As I understand it girl scouts do admit gays into their ranks .. Are they being constantly molested or solicited ? Are boys being raped in England ( where gays are also admitted ? Clearly not ; or they would have had to close shop a long time ago .. It's all in your ( clearly ) not very healthy mind ..
Umm I agree with your statement on the whole and I realize your directing it to the bigoted asstroll Jake. But....I disagree..someone who still suffers in adult life from child molestation is NOT weak-minded. There is a reason it's called being traumatized. Now you could say followers of a religious cult are weak-minded though.
Chumley

Ukraine

#19 Mar 3, 2013
Remember that boys are made gay by gay men molesting them. In the gay scouts they teach boys to start fires by rubbing their penises together.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#20 Mar 3, 2013
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm I agree with your statement on the whole and I realize your directing it to the bigoted asstroll Jake. But....I disagree..someone who still suffers in adult life from child molestation is NOT weak-minded. There is a reason it's called being traumatized. Now you could say followers of a religious cult are weak-minded though.
Yes , you have a point .. Maybe you need to have great moral strength or an iron will and the right people to help you get over these incidents when you most need it .. I had a friend who went through just such an experience ( with his father , no less ..) and he did get over it and became a very much appreciated dancer with the Russian Bolshoi Ballet .. Marilyn Monroe went through a similar one with a neighbor and though ultimately her life ended tragically it was more due to her insecurities and the life-long fear of ending insane like her mother .. There are cases and cases and different circumstances .. You were right in bringing this to my attention and I thank you .. Best ..

Location hidden

#22 Mar 3, 2013
Chumley wrote:
Remember that boys are made gay by gay men molesting them. In the gay scouts they teach boys to start fires by rubbing their penises together.
Why should we remember something that is not true?
JrEsq

United States

#23 Mar 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
So that one can utilize it as argumentum ad nauseum?

Uve

Location hidden

#24 Mar 3, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though you're a queer, at least we agree on something. Maybe some of you queers aren't all bad, even though you like beings trolls.
Is this one of those compliment/insult posts? God I hate those...Thanks/not a troll

Uve

Location hidden

#25 Mar 3, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have responded to such 'idiotic fantasy hate'(new term), of course 'Jr.' is all over it because he's not creative enough to think of anything original..so now we have to read this stupid boy scout penis analogy every time there's a scout topix

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#26 Mar 3, 2013
Most of the anti-gay prejudice being presented here, is refuted in the 50 briefs supporting marriage equality.

Links to PDF copies of major amicus briefs filed in support of the constitutional challenge to California's Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that eliminated equal marriage rights for same-sex partners:

http://www.sfcityattorney.org/index.aspx...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with threatening Riverview church o... 14 min Rose_NoHo 41
News Effort Underway To Save City's Oldest Gay Bar '... 31 min Rose_NoHo 6
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 33 min Rose_NoHo 18,807
News Are Gay Dads 'Treating Women as Mere Breeding M... 52 min Wondering 45
News Religious protests against gay films show divid... 54 min Pat Robertson s F... 19
News Arkansas to pay attorney for same-sex couples i... 1 hr Hudson 61
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Hudson 58,903
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 10 hr NE Jade 27,401
More from around the web