Obama says Boy Scouts should allow ga...

Obama says Boy Scouts should allow gays as members

There are 635 comments on the New York Daily News story from Feb 3, 2013, titled Obama says Boy Scouts should allow gays as members. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

U.S. President Barack Obama called for the Boy Scouts to allow gay members in comments aired right before the Super Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#497 Feb 26, 2013
"Late in the [19th] century, as large cities allowed for greater anonymity, as wage labor apart from family became common, and as more women were drawn out of the home, evidence of a new pattern of homosexual expression surfaced.

At first, these individuals developed ways of meeting one another and institutions to foster a sense of identity.... By 1915, one participant in this new gay world was referring to it as “a community distinctly organized.” For the most part hidden from view because of social hostility, an urban gay subculture had come into existence by the 1920s and 1930s. Many cities saw their first gay bars during the 1940s

This new visibility provoked latent cultural prejudices....Firings from government jobs and purges from the military intensified in the 1950s. President Dwight D. Eisenhower issued an executive order in 1953 barring gay men and lesbians from all federal jobs. Many state and local governments and private corporations followed suit. The FBI began a surveillance program against homosexuals.

The lead taken by the federal government encouraged local police forces to harass gay citizens. Vice officers regularly raided gay bars, sometimes arresting dozens of men and women on a single night.…Under these conditions, some gays began to organize politically. In November 1950 in Los Angeles, a small group of men led by Harry Hay and Chuck Rowland met to form what would become the Mattachine Society. Mostly male in membership, it was joined in 1955 by a lesbian organization in San Francisco, the Daughters of Bilitis, founded by Del Martin and Phyllis Lyon. In the 1950s these organizations remained small, but they established chapters in several cities and published magazines that were a beacon of hope to the readers.

In the 1960s, the “homophile movement,” as the participants dubbed it, became more visible. Activists, such as Franklin Kameny and Barbara Gittings, picketed government agencies in Washington to protest discriminatory employment policies. In San Francisco, Martin, Lyon, and others targeted police harassment."

Read more: Milestones in the Gay Rights Movement — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0194028.html#i...

“DONT BELIEVE FAKE RUSSIA”

Since: Mar 09

CONSPIRACIES BY FAKE NEWS!

#498 Feb 26, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
Most gay men and women are not infected with any disease.
Tell that to Liberace, Rock Hudson and Freddie Mercury.

This is a lie and you know it. Thousands of studies show male homosexuals have the highest rate of AIDS...along with African Americans and intravenous drug abusers.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#499 Feb 26, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to Liberace, Rock Hudson and Freddie Mercury.
This is a lie and you know it. Thousands of studies show male homosexuals have the highest rate of AIDS...along with African Americans and intravenous drug abusers.
Yet if you have sex with only one person and neither have any sickness you cant get any sex sickness.....You know that right?

“DONT BELIEVE FAKE RUSSIA”

Since: Mar 09

CONSPIRACIES BY FAKE NEWS!

#500 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet if you have sex with only one person and neither have any sickness you cant get any sex sickness.....You know that right?
Yeah but that doesn't pertain to gays because thousands of studies show ..that the vast majority of gays its virtually impossible to remain monogamous. They're abnormally oversexed, why do you think they're gays, dummy??
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#502 Feb 26, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but that doesn't pertain to gays because thousands of studies show ..that the vast majority of gays its virtually impossible to remain monogamous. They're abnormally oversexed, why do you think they're gays, dummy??
Oh good gawd your ignorant. Your out of date lies dont matter when you deal in fact.

But since your so worried about it. Allowing gays to marry would be good then since it would help them be with only one person...You should stand up for same sex marriage.LIKE MANY GOP POLITICIANS DID TODAY.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#503 Feb 26, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but that doesn't pertain to gays because thousands of studies show ..that the vast majority of gays its virtually impossible to remain monogamous. They're abnormally oversexed, why do you think they're gays, dummy??
Perhaps the straighties wouldn't resort to obsessive guesswork if they asked an actual real-live gay person about it
.
Straighties are not the experts; 'we' are

“DONT BELIEVE FAKE RUSSIA”

Since: Mar 09

CONSPIRACIES BY FAKE NEWS!

#504 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good gawd your ignorant..
Youre either in some major denial or you hate facts. Which is it??

“DONT BELIEVE FAKE RUSSIA”

Since: Mar 09

CONSPIRACIES BY FAKE NEWS!

#505 Feb 26, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the straighties wouldn't resort to obsessive guesswork if they asked an actual real-live gay person about it
.
Straighties are not the experts; 'we' are
How do you think straighties aka the normal people...get their facts?

Answer: They ask the gay person, they document years and years of homosexual behavior, illnesses, etc...

Glad I could help.

NEXT!!
Sgt Common Sense

Fairfield, CT

#506 Feb 26, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but that doesn't pertain to gays because thousands of studies show ..that the vast majority of gays its virtually impossible to remain monogamous. They're abnormally oversexed, why do you think they're gays, dummy??
I was going to judge your comment but, couldn't find the idiot icon :(
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#507 Feb 26, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre either in some major denial or you hate facts. Which is it??
Prove me wrong then hitler........Come one....This should good.....Oh and use REAL sources not religous or far right sources....
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#508 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just so very sick of ignorant morons. I had this minister of a church last monthe tell me that you can get aids from gay sex even if neither have aids...I mean the flat out ignorance and hate and bigotry from the far right is insane.
Only the far right think that? Think again..
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#509 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good gawd your ignorant. Your out of date lies dont matter when you deal in fact.
But since your so worried about it. Allowing gays to marry would be good then since it would help them be with only one person...You should stand up for same sex marriage.LIKE MANY GOP POLITICIANS DID TODAY.
The GOP? Wow.

“DONT BELIEVE FAKE RUSSIA”

Since: Mar 09

CONSPIRACIES BY FAKE NEWS!

#510 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong then hitler........Come one....This should good.....Oh and use REAL sources not religous or far right sources....
Typical lazy lib...I aint doing shit, google it yourself.

and btw, Hitler is the guy in the WH.

SIEG HEIL MEIN FUHRER, ODUMBA!!!

“DONT BELIEVE FAKE RUSSIA”

Since: Mar 09

CONSPIRACIES BY FAKE NEWS!

#511 Feb 26, 2013
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to judge your comment but, couldn't find the idiot icon :(
I was going to judge your comment but I couldn't find the butt plug icon..

Hahahheehee.

eeewh.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#512 Feb 26, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the far right think that? Think again..
Maybe there is some liberals who are bigoted also....Not sure only ever hear the far right nazi pigs spew this BS.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#513 Feb 26, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical lazy lib...I aint doing shit, google it yourself.
and btw, Hitler is the guy in the WH.
SIEG HEIL MEIN FUHRER, ODUMBA!!!
Lol////I hate obama but he is a commie.....nazi fascist is the base of the GOP...

I knew it. You have no proof just what BS they told you at your KKK anti-constitution meetings.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#514 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good gawd your ignorant. Your out of date lies dont matter when you deal in fact.
But since your so worried about it. Allowing gays to marry would be good then since it would help them be with only one person...You should stand up for same sex marriage.LIKE MANY GOP POLITICIANS DID TODAY.
I agree.

If he is truly concerned about promiscuity and disease transmission, he should be encouraging gay men to get married and commit to one person.

Men tend to be more promiscuous than women. That does not mean all men or women are promiscuous. This it true regardless of sexual orientation. Yet we don't deny equal rights to straight men because some of them are promiscuous. This is just another attempt to demonize, dehumanize, and rationalize harming others needlessly.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#515 Feb 26, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to Liberace, Rock Hudson and Freddie Mercury.
This is a lie and you know it. Thousands of studies show male homosexuals have the highest rate of AIDS...along with African Americans and intravenous drug abusers.
Again, gay women are the lowest risk group.

Straight men and women have a higher rate of infection than gay women.

Does this mean most straight men and women are infected?

A higher rate does not mean the majority are infected. They are not.

This is another example of misusing information for a purpose it was never intended. We don't use disease transmission rates to deny equal rights. Your desire to do so now, is irrational.

Disease transmission information demonstrates the importance of encouraging committed monogamous relationships through marriage.

It also demonstrates the importance of comprehensive education about disease transmission and risk reduction.

It fails as an excuse for denial of equal fundamental rights.

Because it provides no legitimate governmental interest, it is nothing more than an attempt to demonize, dehumanize, and rationalize harming others needlessly.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#516 Feb 26, 2013
Sgt Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to judge your comment but, couldn't find the idiot icon :(
...and I was looking for the "lame" icon to judge it.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#521 Feb 28, 2013
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.” Albert Einstein

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... 36 min Latter Day Taints 2
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... 38 min Latter Day Taints 2
News Microphone cut after Mormon girl reveals she's ... 46 min Latter Day Taints 2
News Pence visits Focus on Family amid change for re... 48 min cpeter1313 4
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 51 min cpeter1313 6,807
News Madrid hosts- and debates- global gay pride 55 min Latter Day Taints 1
News Serbia ruling party gathers support for propose... 59 min Latter Day Taints 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr cpeter1313 51,167
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 26,364
Mississippi can enforce LGBT religious objecti... 9 hr The Troll Stopper 4
News Minneapolis police asked to limit presence at p... 12 hr Conrad 2
More from around the web